DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Fucking Linklater these days, D-Mal. I just couldn't...I can't take to him and his turgid shite.

Although I loved A Scanner Darkly. And Dazed and Confused, when I was 14....

School of Rock was on the TV at the weekend and it was still brilliant.

Really?

Not that I don't like it, but after a conversation with friends, we ultimately determined that School of Rock is "OK", as in it's not bad...but its also not amazing either.

We now use it in reference to other movies, when trying to gauge how good/bad they are.

• Paid Members

I haven't seen that much by him but Dazed And Confused is the only one I liked. I didn't like School Of Rock at all, but I am interested in Tape and A Scanner Darkly.

Fucking Linklater these days, D-Mal. I just couldn't...I can't take to him and his turgid shite.

Although I loved A Scanner Darkly. And Dazed and Confused, when I was 14....

School of Rock was on the TV at the weekend and it was still brilliant.

Really?

Not that I don't like it, but after a conversation with friends, we ultimately determined that School of Rock is "OK", as in it's not bad...but its also not amazing either.

We now use it in reference to other movies, when trying to gauge how good/bad they are.

It's not amazing but it's a nice, light hearted, Sunday afternoon movie with some decent music bits to have on while you're doing bits around the house. Like Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit (although that is a vastly superior film).

I'm a big fan of Jack Black in High Fidelity, and his character is quite similar to that, so maybe that's why.

• Paid Members

Did he do that??? I thought that was your man Denis Dugan or some cunt like that. That was alright too, in fairness. I watched it with me wee lad a few times and it is what it is as a movie.

Tape was shit. Utter pox, D-Mal, but then I watched that in a half lit indie cinema full of people with my ex who ate horrifically loud amongst a barrage of cunts who were all taking notes and drinking chablis.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

Did he do that??? I thought that was your man Denis Dugan or some cunt like that. That was alright too, in fairness. I watched it with me wee lad a few times and it is what it is as a movie.

Tape was shit. Utter pox, D-Mal, but then I watched that in a half lit indie cinema full of people with my ex who ate horrifically loud amongst a barrage of cunts who were all taking notes and drinking chablis.

I'll bin that, then, your taste is about my most trusted round here.

I wouldn't ever consider watching Boyhood, it sounds like absolute hell even before I take into account the 6 month running time.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

I wouldn't ever consider watching Boyhood, it sounds like absolute hell even before I take into account the 6 month running time.

It's 2 hours 45 mate. Regardless of whether you like it, you have to say it's a pretty impressive feat...

• Paid Members

It's 2 hours 45 mate. Regardless of whether you like it, you have to say it's a pretty impressive feat...

So's running a marathon but I can't for the life of me figure out why people watch that either.

• Paid Members

I'm not denying it's an impressive achievement in filmmaking, but it doesn't matter a jot to me if it's boring as hell.