Raw results 25/02

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

What else are they going to do? Loads of options. Having Sheamus face the IC champ after his year seems like giant back-step.

There's a shitload of options for Sheamus especially. Big Show, Menry, CM Punk, Ryback all still have nothing set in stone and would be worthwhile opponents with easy enough to set up matches. And of course there's The Shield too.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He fought The Shield on the last pay-per-view. He fought The Big Show on the twelve pay-per-views before that. WrestleMania's got enough return matches booked. The other options are all good, but that's two weeks now where they could've been building those up and instead had him messing around with Barrett's film. It's almost like WWE isn't even sure what the WrestleMania card is. I'm wondering whether a lot of it hinges on waiting on a decision from Undertaker, and they have two different cards ready to go once they know whether he's wrestling or not. Considering that the two big matches so far have been on the cards for nearly a year, there's no excuse for them not having come up with stuff for the other main guys.

If they are going with Sheamus vs Barrett for WrestleMania, I wouldn't be surprised if Barrett loses the title by then. Although saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheamus did end up wrestling for the IC title at WrestleMania either. Christian and Big Show have both had IC title wins in the last twelve months that came less than twelve months after World title wins. Reading this paragraph back, it's the sort of thing that would have a "WWE Booking Plans for IC title at WrestleMania revealed" headline on a newzsite.

I figured Sheamus/Ryback/Orton v the Shield kinda books itself after RAW. At least I hope that's how it goes.

I can't see there being any way they'd give Wade Barrett a singles match in these days of eight match Wrestlemanias. When spots are so limited, I doubt they'd give one to a midcarder like him. If he makes the show, it'll be multiman filler match duty I'd guess. Changed days from when the IC title match was one of the big attractions.

Those Taker/Michaels comments reminded me that Ground Zero was excellent stuff too, even though it's somewhat forgotten thanks to the obvious one overshadowing it. A bit similar to the Austin/Bret matches I guess. Even down to the weaker final match which was still good.

Don't get me started on KOTR95! :angry:

• Paid Members

That's precisely how it seems with regard the WrestleMania card Pitcos, I made a similar comment in another thread earlier. I find it incredible they dont have long set plans for Sheamus, Ryback, Jericho, Ziggler and loads of others but have created a big thing involving Swagger in a World title match. I'd be well fucked off if I was in Sheamus, Ziggler or Rybacks position.

It's what I hate about recent Mania seasons - the current roster becomes an afterthought.

After seeing Smackdown I wouldn't be shocked to see Big Show reluctantly teaming with Orton/Sheamus vs Shield, leading to the SWERVE MASSIVE of Orton being the one turning and costing the team. I'd be surprised if Barrett even makes the card in a singles match.

• Paid Members
It's what I hate about recent Mania seasons - the current roster becomes an afterthought.

To be fair though, if they are interesting enough, they'll make the show. I really couldn't care about Barrett at the moment for example, it seems many agree, therefore having him on the ppv will seem a waste of a spot that could go to someone that the fans would invest in. Sure, they could build him up beforehand, but there's only so many spots they can fill at Mania. Cesaro could just scrape enough interest to warrant a spot on the Mania card, Miz perhaps, but I wouldn't put Barrett on there. He has no momentum and a match with him and Sheamus sounds boring and pointless to me.

And it's not as though the rest of the roster is an afterthought, only those that aren't making big enough waves to make the show, which I think is fair enough. And nobody can say they're not giving folk chances as we will likely see Wrestlemania debuts for Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins, Ryback and possibly Cesaro too. And the first four names will be in much larger roles anyone envisioned them in a year ago. You have to earn your shot at a Mania match these days, which I like, makes the show all the more meaningful and gives the workers something to aim for. Gone are the days where Mark Jindrak and the Bashams can challenge for tag titles at the big one.

And it's not as though the rest of the roster is an afterthought, only those that aren't making big enough waves to make the show, which I think is fair enough.

No - there are plenty of wrestlers who will be on the show who are little more than afterthoughts. Ryback, Sheamus, Orton, Big Show, Henry, The Shield, Kane, Bryan, Ziggler, Jericho for starters. All pretty strong TV presence/push, all likely to be featured at WrestleMania, but so far have nothing set in stone for the show except some of them will probably be in a six-man tag that's a weaker version of the six-man tag from Elimination Chamber. Aside from Cena, Rock, Lesnar, HHH, Del Rio, Swagger and maybe Punk and Undertaker, nobody has anything big lined up for WrestleMania yet.

• Paid Members

There's still a whole month to go, in fairness. Nothing wrong with holding off on things to they don't peak too early, especially with their track record of having hot angles lose steam if dragged out for too long. I think Ziggler/Jericho is a clear possibility, if not absolutely nailed-on, and they're probably waiting for Jericho to get back from the Fozzy tour before they start doing anything with it lest people get bored to tears of Ziggler cutting endless unanswered promos on him. Although Jericho's hanging out with Metallica and Slayer over in Oz. Be pretty great if Ziggler was cutting promos on him and he responded live via satellite from Metallica's tour bus with a beer in his hand.

I'm just setting myself up for disappointment now. Point is, they've got time to build some big stuff before Wrestlemania.

Smackdown Spoilers:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I'd say after what happened on Smackdown we are likely to get:

Big Show, Sheamus, Randy Orton vs The Shield

Leaving us with:

Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler

Mark Henry vs Ryback

Kane vs Daniel Bryan

Smackdown Spoilers:

Leaving us with:

Mark Henry vs Ryback

Kane vs Daniel Bryan

Sounds pretty good, I'd happily take that with Punk/Taker and what;s already confirmed.

I quite like Kane and Bryan though, I don't really want them to feud. I'd just throw them in a big tag gauntlet match or something that'll get half the midcard onto the show - Rhodes/Sandow, Primetime Players, Rey/SinCara, Truth/Kofi, Clay/Tensai, maybe throw a surprise in like the Outlaws or Miz/Morrison, something like that.

Smackdown Spoilers:

Leaving us with:

Mark Henry vs Ryback

Kane vs Daniel Bryan

Sounds pretty good, I'd happily take that with Punk/Taker and what;s already confirmed.

I quite like Kane and Bryan though, I don't really want them to feud. I'd just throw them in a big tag gauntlet match or something that'll get half the midcard onto the show - Rhodes/Sandow, Primetime Players, Rey/SinCara, Truth/Kofi, Clay/Tensai, maybe throw a surprise in like the Outlaws or Miz/Morrison, something like that.

Yeah I can see them doing a tag gauntlet actually.

On the topic of a Ziggler vs Jericho rivalry, ideally I would like to see the World title match open the show again at Mania this year and Dolph cash in successfully after the match. A surprise new champion Ziggler vs Jericho later on in the show would be great to see and would be a fantastic way to start a Dolph title run if he were to beat Y2J or would make for a great surprise if Jericho were to win the title.

From Ziggler's character's point of view, cashing in at Mania is essential...it doesn't make sense to show off at Extreme Rules or after a random match on Raw....the time is now!

As for Team Hell No at Wrestlemania, I think a nice match against the Outlaws or perhaps a one night only return of The Acolytes or something like that is needed to give the tag titles a boost if they are to be defended on the show as a match against a run of the mill team like The Prime time players would feel like a waste of time.

Archived