Raw results 25/02

HarmonicGenerator

You seriously dug out a post from that long ago? That's quite sad.

If you want to put it like, then by all means. I'm going to use the "I remembered when he made a tit of himself in that thread when I was reading the old award threads when I had the flu just after Christmas" reason, though - which is what actually happened.

Whatever. It's still quite pathetic to quote something from that long ago isn't it? Lets be honest.

Lay off him, will you? If he had a track record of doing that kind of thing, you'd have had a point.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You seriously dug out a post from that long ago? That's quite sad.

If you want to put it like, then by all means. I'm going to use the "I remembered when he made a tit of himself in that thread when I was reading the old award threads when I had the flu just after Christmas" reason, though - which is what actually happened.

Whatever. It's still quite pathetic to quote something from that long ago isn't it? Lets be honest.

Whatever? Am I supposed to reply with "Talk to the hand..."?

I'm pathetic and you're a Rikki Lake show audience member, let's move on with this tedious shit.

• Paid Members

Well, I've reported me, you and Sphinx for this shit discussion, so if you are arsed enough to continue it then go to the Hate Thread.

On topic, I was thinking of doing a new John Cena v The Rock thread and poll for this year - when is the deadline for spoilers when it comes to Raw?

• Paid Members

I've never been a big Brock Lesnar fan. In fact, I think in terms of love/hype vs body of work, he may be the most overrated wrestler in history. However, I have to admit, in his present guise, he projects an element of danger that very few do, and that's interesting and exciting to watch. I'm not sure whether it's excellent performance or he's actually truly forgotten how to "work", but every time he's out there he looks like he's attempting to maim/kill someone else and/or himself. I'd like him more if he grew that beard back, though.

Speaking of altered looks, put in the context of his "war attire" of leather jacket, t-shirt & jeans, short-haired Triple H looks like a hard, grizzled old bastard. Worked well. I don't really know why his first thought post-brawl was "that reminds me, I must open that Twitter account" though...

And Punk vs. Cena, what a match. I loved the sit-out powerbomb & piledriver spots as much as most others seem to have done. Less truly is more.

• Moderators
What's predictable is the usual 'base level' responses when someone doesn't agree with an opinion. I tried to remember why I rarely post on here anymore....thanks for the reminder.

You've always been something of a plonker, though, Spyke:-

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=79411&hl=

This is pretty much textbook for the "flaming" rules, but seeing as that thread was enjoyable I'll let it slide. Don't do it again though Gladstone.

eldeano - 2006's maxwell_murder by the way

• Moderators
Oi watch it neil or Ill go full meltdown on your ass and turn this thread into 30+ pages of shit no one cares about.

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he ban six members or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is an Invision IP Board, the most powerful forum software in the world and will ban your arse clean off the forum, you've gotta ask yourself a question..."Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

But for me, it was still full of the inconsistencies and glaring bullshit that I see in most of their programmes at the moment.

Firstly, as another poster put.. it's over analysing this stuff that takes the enjoyment out of it...... it's wrestling. Just the most basic analysis shows that 99% of it doesn’t make sense but to counter your views on this…

They make such a big deal of how strong Cena is, and you can't even compare Cena and Punk in terms of physique, but the two lock up and Cena CAN'T push him around?? Seriously?

Punk is known for being technically sound where Cena is more of a thug. Anyone who has done any wrestling or martial arts can tell you that technique is far better than brute strength, so yes although their physiques are not comparable, Punk could feasibly prevent Cena from pushing him around by using better technique.

clumsy chain wrestling, which is itself a bad fit as these two are meant to be going to war

Just because these two are feuding it doesn't mean that every match has to be a brawl. They both respect the sport of pro wrestling and have tried to out-do each other by wrestling. Cena isn't a great technical wrestler, he knows that, but it is in his character for him, as he respects the sport of pro wrestling and his opponant, to try as best he can to wrestle rather than turn a match into a slug fest.

The less said about Cena's Frankensteiner the better. He should be press-slamming fools.

The whole point of that spot for me was that he had to try something that he had never tried before and something that punk would not expect to try and beat him. The fact that it was a clumsy arse attempt just reinforced that.

but for a guy who claims to love wrestling, he really doesn't seem to "get" it.

I'm sure his bank manager would agree.

All the ingrediants were there to make a great and compelling story, but instead we got the usual nonsensical spectacle of two guys gluing their moves together. Like I said, action-packed and spectacular, but popcorn.

You seem the type of guy to try and make sense of a nonsense poem. Wrestling isn't real. People do stuff that you wouldn't expect them to.

Oi watch it neil or Ill go full meltdown on your ass and turn this thread into 30+ pages of shit no one cares about.

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he ban six members or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is an Invision IP Board, the most powerful forum software in the world and will ban your arse clean off the forum, you've gotta ask yourself a question..."Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

I gotsta know?

After reading all the positive things on here about Punk/Cena, I looked it up and I wasn't particularly impressed. It was a very tough and action-packed match, obviously more PPV-style than you'd expect on TV, and the live crowd were clearly mega into it. But for me, it was still full of the inconsistencies and glaring bullshit that I see in most of their programmes at the moment.

They make such a big deal of how strong Cena is, and you can't even compare Cena and Punk in terms of physique, but the two lock up and Cena CAN'T push him around?? Seriously? Then the apparently speedier, nippier, sneakier heel gets easily outmanoeuvred by some clumsy chain wrestling, which is itself a bad fit as these two are meant to be going to war, followed by the powerhouse face avoiding body contact with a smaller opponent by sleeping instead of tackling. The match after that was the usual big-move trade-off that I've come to expect from WWE's big matches. The one outstanding moment for me was Punk ducking Cena's big flying tackle, a clever spot that actually made sense for the match and the characters. The less said about Cena's Frankensteiner the better. He should be press-slamming fools.

I wonder how much of Cena's matches is booked by an agent and how much is his own work. I'm sure it's something most of WWE's talent seems to do, but it's more noticeable in Cena as he's in such a prominent position, but for a guy who claims to love wrestling, he really doesn't seem to "get" it. All the ingrediants were there to make a great and compelling story, but instead we got the usual nonsensical spectacle of two guys gluing their moves together. Like I said, action-packed and spectacular, but popcorn.

I'll be honest, you don't really seem to "get" wrestling at all yourself if that's your response to that match. I've watched hardly any WWE over the last year, but even I understood the story that they were telling, that they'd faced off many times before and were trading off previous encounters. Of all the matches I've seen in the last few years, that one was the least "gluing their moves together" that I've seen.

Archived