• Paid Members

Might be the UK payoffs. I imagine they might be a bit more meaty.

That'll be it probably. I think its bad form to be putting your money online like a dick when its well known based on previous people who have been there that they are late on pay loads. Especially if the ship goes down, TJ Perkins is one of the ones who will suffer in the long run.

Might be the UK payoffs. I imagine they might be a bit more meaty.

That'll be it probably. I think its bad form to be putting your money online like a dick when its well known based on previous people who have been there that they are late on pay loads. Especially if the ship goes down, TJ Perkins is one of the ones who will suffer in the long run.
Agree with your general point.

Perkins does work dates in Mexico for AAA though so he might be alright.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

I'll be honest, hearing Taz' voice every week was one of the biggest contributors to my impression of TNA of the last few years as that place ex WWE performers go when WWE decide they aren't good enough any more. Like turning on Worldwide in 1993 on ITV on a Saturday afternoon and seeing The Anvil's still getting a living beating ham and eggers with the Million Dollar Dream. I know they've got some good wrestlers and one or two great wrestlers, but presentation goes a long way for me and when your commentary crew tried and failed in WWE, it reinforces the feeling that the whole company is just WWE Zero.

• Paid Members

They're back at Universal. But Taz wasn't there. Josh Matthews was at the tapings, but Taz wasn't. The announcing has been a mess doing it from the broom cupboard. I havent watched it, but people are saying Josh Matthews is talking about tweets being onscreen when they arent even there and the commentators introducing segments when there's a commercial break up next. Production and pre-taping has went to the dogs in TNA since half the production staff has left.

He's also dropped all TNA references from his twitter profile.

From what I can gather, he was supposed to be in Nashville doing voiceovers for already taped shows and didn't show up meaning Matthews did them by himself. Looks like they're still in the broom cupboard for now.

• Paid Members

He was absolutely fucking terrible at his job but anytime they were cost cutting he still seemed to get a new contract. If Al Snow isn't already decided though, I'd have no qualms with Tenay being the 2nd man in the booth, which he's far more tolerable as.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members
  •  

So that's Taz doing the convention circuit now until the day he dies, as I can't see WWE every dreaming of bringing him back in any capacity. A long shot might be having him down at the performance centre, but I can't even see that happening

• What for? How not to eat?

• Paid Members

Here's a recap of what Taz said on his podcast regarding leaving TNA.

Here are the bullet points so you don't have to bother listening:

Tazz asked for his release from his contract which was supposed to run through the Summer.

No repercussions for no showing the Impact Voice over work in Nashville

His checks for work done previously were very late and it was a bad situation.

Said this is a business, this is how he makes a living, and he has to worry about his family, this is how he pays his bills.

Emphasises this is a business despite what others may think. He says he is no different than anyone else who gets paid for providing a service.

Company understood why he no showed the voiceover work in Nashville. Says he isn't going to go into their issues.

Refuses to bash TNA.

Defends Dave Meltzer and PWInsider over copy and paste sites over the Josh Matthews stories about him leaving over Josh.

Admits to having a fallout with Josh Matthews. Says what does him not liking someone have to do with him leaving TNA.

Says speculation was his fault for not coming out earlier and clearing the air.

Said he didn't watch TNA this week due to the events that recently transpired and needed a break but he will watch and review in the future.

He said he was looking to leave in the Summer when his contract expired. TNA wanted him to stay.

His pay was very late and felt like he did a service and wasn't paid for those services yet. Gave them a notice that he wasn't going to Nashville to do voice over work but was paid a few days after he said he wasn't going to Nashville for the voice over work. Said he heard it was a cash flow issue that he isn't sure about.

Has a deal that is almost done that will give him a podcast show that runs 5 days in a week.