• Paid Members

I'm going by what is being reported by the Observer, ProWrestling.net and PWInsider. And there are no dates booked for the forseable future and there is currently no TV deal. They aren't signing any new contracts (and that included Bully Ray, their top agent and lead babyface) until they find a new home. So they are all done for the timebeing. If you haven't got a show booked for 4 months, then its fair to assume that a lot of the wrestlers will be trying to find work between now and then.

Nope they've already got those names I've said tied down, the Bram signing was announced on their YouTube channel, PWInsider and PW are pretty much reliable if that has anything to do with Mike Johnson knowing a lot of people in TNA I don't know, but TNA and Meltzer have a history and he has been inaccurate with TNA before (Del Rio, The Carters wanting to sell). Dixie/Matt Hardy/Kurt Angle (the later two are not under contract) seems too confident for them to be allegedly going under. Plus their producer Jason Hervey tweeted a picture of him outside WGN in Chicago saying big news soon.

http://talktnapodcast.com/tna-news/tna-expected-to-announce-a-new-tv-deal-could-it-be-with-wgn-jason-hervey-tweets-photo/

I don't think they'll be going anywhere personally.

• Paid Members

I'm going by what is being reported by the Observer, ProWrestling.net and PWInsider. And there are no dates booked for the forseable future and there is currently no TV deal. They aren't signing any new contracts (and that included Bully Ray, their top agent and lead babyface) until they find a new home. So they are all done for the timebeing. If you haven't got a show booked for 4 months, then its fair to assume that a lot of the wrestlers will be trying to find work between now and then.

Nope they've already got those names I've said tied down, the Bram signing was announced on their YouTube channel, PWInsider and PW are pretty much reliable if that has anything to do with Mike Johnson knowing a lot of people in TNA I don't know, but TNA and Meltzer have a history and he has been inaccurate with TNA before (Del Rio, The Carters wanting to sell). Dixie/Matt Hardy/Kurt Angle (the later two are not under contract) seems too confident for them to be allegedly going under. Plus their producer Jason Hervey tweeted a picture of him outside WGN in Chicago saying big news soon.

http://talktnapodcast.com/tna-news/tna-expected-to-announce-a-new-tv-deal-could-it-be-with-wgn-jason-hervey-tweets-photo/

Meltzer was right about the Carters wanting to sell TNA. How was he wrong about that? Literally everything that came out was reported by him, including the sale breaking down because they wanted Dixie Carter to be kept on in some role. The Hollywood Reporter pretty much confirmed it in an article regarding Toby Keith and Jeff Jarrett. And how was he inacurate about Del Rio? Its common knowledge if TNA have the money they'd want any wrestler that has WWE on their CV. But they cant afford him. As far as TNA information, Meltzer's always spot on. 90% of what comes out is basically from his newsletter worded differently. Dave Lagana is a long time Meltzer stooge, and Mike Tenay is his best mate. Where as Dixie Carter and John Gaburick are proven liars who try and spin everything that they are accused of. The Russo shit exposed them as such.

Also, I never said anything about them going under (although its possible). I was more pointing out that the TV channels they are negotiating with wont be half of what Spike are paying them, because they have no leverage and UTA take 15% of their income. And the fact that they have no TV book until January doesn't look good for them. They are struggling with the Spike money coming in. I cant imagine how bad it'll be on a network that will basically pay them whatever they like because TNA need a home.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Meltzer was right about the Carters wanting to sell TNA. How was he wrong about that? Literally everything that came out was reported by him, including the sale breaking down because they wanted Dixie Carter to be kept on in some role. The Hollywood Reporter pretty much confirmed it in an article regarding Toby Keith and Jeff Jarrett. And how was he inacurate about Del Rio? Its common knowledge if TNA have the money they'd want any wrestler that has WWE on their CV. But they cant afford him. As far as TNA information, Meltzer's always spot on. 90% of what comes out is basically from his newsletter worded differently. Dave Lagana is a long time Meltzer stooge, and Mike Tenay is his best mate. Where as Dixie Carter and John Gaburick are proven liars who try and spin everything that they are accused of. The Russo shit exposed them as such.

Also, I never said anything about them going under (although its possible). I was more pointing out that the TV channels they are negotiating with wont be half of what Spike are paying them, because they have no leverage and UTA take 15% of their income. And the fact that they have no TV book until January doesn't look good for them. They are struggling with the Spike money coming in. I cant imagine how bad it'll be on a network that will basically pay them whatever they like because TNA need a home.

I feel if the Carters wanted to sell TNA they'd have sold it by now its been a year since that was reported, TNA were never interested in Del Rio because of the legal situation with WWE and as you've said the cost, his booking fee is one of the most expensive on the market (fair play FPW). I don't TNA or Dixie cares at this point she can afford to keep the company going (Jarrett couldn't hence why she came in), she wants a network that promotes and supports TNA according to Kurt Angle in his latest interview after his contract was up, if thats WGN who knows. Gaburick is a prick, but I respect him for not being held to ransom by AJ Styles in a period of cost cutting if they can't do it, they can't do it. Also letting Jarrett know his position in the company and with Dixie after banging Karen Angle (Jarrett left soon afterwards).

Dixie/a lot of the roster seems way too confident for them to be 'struggling' I think they'll strip back a lot of things and normally I'd agree with you but again, they've been very discreet/quietly confident.

Edited by Psygnosis

• Paid Members

You should ask the dozens of staff and all those wrestlers they released if they are confident they arent struggling. At the end of the day they are wrestling people. I.e. a bunch of hype merchants and wishful thinkers. Even if they were shitting themselves, they aren't going to show their cards. Watch the Kaz and Daniels shoot interview. The internet was reporting that their deals weren't getting renewed and they were told "dont worry", so they assumed they were. The whole internet knew they were done before they were. Also, I fail to see how AJ Styles was "holding them to ransom". He gave them another 3 months after his deal was up and they low balled him. He left. They didn't sack him. They tried a nasty trick with loyal wrestler and someone they thought had no leverage and he showed he could make more money elsewhere. They put the belt on him and he did the job on the way out. He acted professionally throughout.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

That BFG card is a shocker. Is there no tna title match?

There's no title matches full stop, since it messes with the continuity of the TV they've already taped for later than the PPV airing.

Wrestle-1 weren't best pleased with them last time they did that (since they want to advertise on the 'real life' time line rather than on another company's TV plots), so they're avoiding that mistake again.

• Paid Members

You should ask the dozens of staff and all those wrestlers they released if they are confident they arent struggling. At the end of the day they are wrestling people. I.e. a bunch of hype merchants and wishful thinkers. Even if they were shitting themselves, they aren't going to show their cards. Watch the Kaz and Daniels shoot interview. The internet was reporting that their deals weren't getting renewed and they were told "dont worry", so they assumed they were. The whole internet knew they were done before they were. Also, I fail to see how AJ Styles was "holding them to ransom". He gave them another 3 months after his deal was up and they low balled him. He left. They didn't sack him. They tried a nasty trick with loyal wrestler and someone they thought had no leverage and he showed he could make more money elsewhere. They put the belt on him and he did the job on the way out. He acted professionally throughout.

They couldn't afford the money he wanted at a time of austerity, yeah it'll piss off a lot of people but they're not going beyond their means anymore and he left, simple as, two sides to every story, I have a hard time in believing everything AJ Styles says 100% after the Lionheart incident and trying to make him look stupid on Chris Jericho's podcast.

• Paid Members

TNA offered Styles less than 2/3 what he had been earning prior to his deal coming up. There is a difference between holding anyone to "ransom" and believing in your own worth. In a time when the company's star power was in decline and Styles worth to TNA might never have been higher - he had been pushed hard as top babyface and eventual conquerer of Aces & Eights/World Champion - they made him an offer of less than what he'd been earning as an also-ran. If they'd said to him "we can't afford to pay you any more, can we extend on the same terms" then that might be understandable, but trying to cut him from 350K to 200K was trying it on because they thought he couldn't afford to tell them to fuck off.

"Held to ransom" ? Cobblers.

It's all relative. Styles rightly did what was right for him. Others looking in from the cold may have thought he was on a good thing historically and should have been happy with 200k a year for light duties.

Edited by Ant

Another match added to the Bound for Glory card

Andy Wu & Hijo Del Pantera Vs. Kuroshio Ikemen Jiro & Yusuke Kodama. Also it seems like the X-Division title is on the line in the match mentioned previously but the Knockouts isn't

that being if you have read any of TNA's upcoming results, Havok isn't actually the Knockouts Champion anymore as they had her drop it to Taryn Terell