• Paid Members
Not strictly true. He has won more on house shows & Xplosions. And on Impact 437 he did beat Jesse & Robbie in a triple threat match. So he had one win on Impact & PPV in singles matches for nearly 18 months until last night.

People in their main market dont get Xplosion or house shows on their TV. Only people who watch Challenge can see those wins, and if we are going by that logic I'm hoping Barrymore sweeps up at the comedy awards this year.

• Paid Members
And I'm not having a go at Eric Young either. The guy is a tremendous wrestler, who they saddled with a comedy gimmick for a decade (even if he's rarely laugh out loud funny)

This is really fair. There's nothing wrong with Young. He's a good worker, he's normally in great shape, he talks well, he acts well and he's a real team player. In other circumstances, you'd be really pleased for him.

Unfortunately, he's been booked inconsistently for the last, how long? 10 years? Occasionally they decide they want to push him but generally he's either in a nothing spot or they just forget they employ him.

If they'd even run this story over 6 months, they could have produced an ending that felt worth following. Young is good enough to get people behind him. To do this though. It just feels so utterly desperate. For TNA that's really saying something oo. They've been in the gutter for ages but this is just incredible attention seeking. It's almost as if they've decided that people talking about them ripping off WWE is at least someone talking about them.

• Paid Members

Come on guys, this isn't a knock-off of Bryan at all. This comment from the net proves it:

He is a TNA original who never had the chance of winning the big title even tho he HELD EVERY FREAKING TITLE in TNA unlike Bryan and also, he got over with his heart and charisma not some catchphase.

There you have it. Bryan is just a catchphrase whereas EY got over with his heart and charisma. Eric must've had that on full show during this long drawn-out storyline since last August where he was screwed out of the title by the...no hang on...

• Paid Members

Chris Sabin is now gone apparently. Would love to see some US and UK indies book the Machine Guns. Sabin is a bit of a Jannetty for me. The guy is incredible when he's with Shelley. Not much interest as a single. Leaving TNA might be the best thing for his career at this stage of the game.

• Paid Members
MEHTNA

Nothing will shock with with that shit arse promotion anymore. Before I read the spoiler I half expecting a one of the Knock Outs to have won the Title.

Mate, you know if a Knockout did they wouldn't pin the champ! You'd at least have them win the title by opening a box like.

Chris Sabin is now gone apparently. Would love to see some US and UK indies book the Machine Guns. Sabin is a bit of a Jannetty for me. The guy is incredible when he's with Shelley. Not much interest as a single. Leaving TNA might be the best thing for his career at this stage of the game.

Leaving TNA is fine but I disagree with the idea Sabin had no personality outside of Shelley. The past few months when he became a absolute dick proved he was solid character and quite fun to watch.

Eric Young... I don't know what to say. Magnus wasn't the best choice but he had much more upside to him than Eric Young, and I felt he was growing into the role. Shame really, hopefully there'll change it next week.

I wasn't around for the implosion of wCw but was it as plainly obvious as this?

No....This is far more obvious.

Agreed.

WCW was in a right state by 2001 but it was still a pretty big shock when news broke that they were going under (wasn't it actually announced on an episode of Nitro?) and an even bigger shock when news broke that McMahon had bought the company.

• Paid Members

Difference with WCW and TNA is, everyone knew Time Warner wanted rid of it, but WWF couldn't buy it because Viacom wouldnt allow them to buy a company with an existing TV deal with a rival network. So at least WCW was going to end up in the hands of one of the several people (and there were a load lined up) to buy it. It wasn't like "WCW are going under". It was more that everyone was hoping for a saviour to come along. And Bischoff looked like he had it in the bag. Nobody expected Time Warner to cancel them, leaving WCW with no TV deal and ready for Vince to snap up. The mentality was that if WCW just needed to be bought out. TNA there's a big chance the same thing is going to happen that happened to WCW. Their TV deal may not be renewed and it may disappear.

Who knows, though. Someone might buy it and resurrect it. It shouldn't cost much without the TV deal. There's no contracts tied to it and its not like you're going to pay extra for their minimal copyrights and shit uniconic entrance music. Its just the tapes you'd want. Maybe Jarrett will end up with it afterall, if Spike dump them.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The thing with doing it in one night as a rip-off rather than stretching it out for months... Surely it's better this way than them just recreating the Bryan storyline every week on TV? I don't really watch TNA at all apart from Youtube clips now and again (I think the last stuff I saw was Kennedy dressing up as Christy, and Shaw choking him out the week before or after) but it seems like to be a fan and get the most out of it, you just have to completely switch your brain off and enjoy it segment by segment without ever thinking about why something's happening or how it doesn't match up with something else that happened.

I've always been an advocate of, when the World title was still around, Santino getting a run with the belt. I think his moments with Bryan and Del Rio at the Chamber and Rumble show that there is an amazing underdog story just waiting to be written and that the crowd want to get behind him. Santino with a secondary title run trying to keep his dream alive could have been great and it shows to me that with the right creative team, people who are fiercely over with the crowd but are never regarded as a legitimate contender like Santino, EY, Duggan or Too Cool could be built up as a credible underdog champion. Grado winning the ICW title is a perfect example of that.

I think so as well. Santino could have had a month (or even a day) with the World title. Bryan in 2011-2012 would have been a great opponent for it. Del Rio or Big Show, too. The build could've been fantastic with Santino winning a battle royal or raffle for a title shot, then trying to face up to a vastly more credible opponent. No chance with the unified title, though, and it's hard to do that story with the Intercontinental or US because he has held them before.

Santino could've been the best money in the bank winner also.

Edited by King Pitcos