• Paid Members

Sting (the man most think is going to be in WWE in the next few weeks) got two visual pins on Magnus and Magnus tapped out to the Scorpion. And a thousand blokes ran down to beat up Sting, like the Undertaker against Yokozuna. But before all this happened, the fans chanted "paper champion" at him. If Sting is leaving, how can anyone OK that? Even if Sting was staying, that's a complete mess.

Honest question, are the people running this really taking the piss out of Dixie Carter? Everyone who leaves is scripted so the fans are desperate to see them return, and everyone who stays is booked into the ground. I just think someone is ripping the piss out of her. They are chanting "paper champion" at the bloke who is staying!

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I quite like Magnus. I think he's a decent babyface. He's no heel World champion though. Dunno why they didn't go back to Bobby Roode. You've got a ready made angle with Angle and then James Storm will buy you a month or two while you build Magnus and rebuild Joe.

I quite like Magnus. I think he's a decent babyface. He's no heel World champion though. Dunno why they didn't go back to Bobby Roode.

Because nobody gives a toss about anything TNA does in America anyway, and having an English world champion before WWE has had one means you can get a mention in the papers to promote a UK tour.

• Paid Members
I quite like Magnus. I think he's a decent babyface. He's no heel World champion though. Dunno why they didn't go back to Bobby Roode.

Because nobody gives a toss about anything TNA does in America anyway, and having an English world champion before WWE has had one means you can get a mention in the papers to promote a UK tour.

I'd concede that one except they're now hitting the UK with a heel home World Champion. And not a cleverly booked heel like Bret Hart circa 1997 but a slimy cunt who's up Dixie Carter's hideously unlikeable arse.

Pointless stuff. I enjoy reading Ian's rants about TNA and how far down the shitter it is but there is still some talent there. Even though Sting and Hogan have gone and Hardy is written off TV, they still have enough good talent to produce decent TV.

I'd go back to basics at the top level. Establish a heel Champion, build-up credible contenders and if you want a guy like Magnus on top, pick a point in the future, like BFG, and book the hell out of him until he's ready at that point.

Below that, rebuild the X-Title. That thing is perfect for when you are struggling for money because you can bring any cheap indy flyer in for a month, give him three wins and feed him to your Champion. Recycle and repeat.

Tag teams are a way to get a lot from a little investment too.

Going back to Ian's rants, it might be too late to bother anyway. but the best thing they could do is book consistently and smartly and stay away from authoriy figures, hostile takeovers and all that shit. If you must try it, give it 18 months and then do it. if you want names on your show, there are a million ways to use guys like John Morrison, Ted Dibiase, MVP, etc for short runs.

• Paid Members

Jeff Jarrett leaving was the big one. He stayed with them when he was a day away from declaring bankruptcy, he stayed with them when they took him off TV and fired all his mates, he even stayed with them when they sent him home and never brought him back. He even tried to buy them, but NOW he decides to leave? You have to ask why is he leaving now? Why is he trying to set up a new company in this climate unless he doesn't think there will be a TNA in 2015? Up until a fortnight ago, there were still TV main events where Jarrett was agenting them. This bloke isn't leaving to pursuer other things. That looks like a proper jump off the sinking ship move. Most of their contracts are one year rolling options as well. There's a massive chance (and on current form it seems likely) that Kaz, Daniels, Roode and Kurt Angle will be gone by the summer. If Jarrett has significant backing, why would you stick with TNA when they just allowed AJ Styles to leave over money reason? And their deal with Spike is up around the Autumn as well. That's the whole key to this proposed Jarrett promotion. That's what old wrestling people do (which is where Jarrett's roots are). Instead of buying the promotion, you know where the bodies are buried, take all their talent and start up on your own.

Or have we all bought it and Jeff Jarrett will be back on tv next week as the new investor

Something about the latest #365 video with Dixie telling spud to take down the Jeff Jarrett photo just has me thinking It's a work

Edited by wrestleuk

• Paid Members

Or that TNA is filled with insider bullshit which is why the audience has no trust in what they say, and doesn't spend any money on them. The fact people are questioning its a work is quite sad. They are still bringing Hogan's name up occasionally, and he's re-signed with WWE. They just wrote out AJ Styles and Sting by making them look stronger than their world champion. Of course they are bringing up Jarrett's name. Its all insider shite. People on Dixie's twitter have probably asked if its Jeff Jarrett, so she's responded via those youtube videos. That's exactly what TNA would do.

I'd concede that one except they're now hitting the UK with a heel home World Champion. And not a cleverly booked heel like Bret Hart circa 1997 but a slimy cunt who's up Dixie Carter's hideously unlikeable arse.

It wouldn't shock me at all if Magnus is portrayed as a total face for the entire run of UK tv shows, probably battling a heel Roode as well.

TNA never makes sense in any context, either in a make-believe-fictional-world context or in a decisions-based-on-real-life-pressures context.

He might be booed in Glasgow, mainly because he's English. For the shows taped in Manchester and London, probably not. It will be interesting to see the reactions though.

Edited by ClassicsGuy