Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

That is a shocking attendance. Like others have said, even small indy groups pull in bigger crowds! TNA are going to need to do good numbers at their shows coming up over here.

 

With regards to that photo from Genesis- I am watching now on Challenge, and it is clear that the ringside seats (which are empty in that photo) are actually full.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Another cracking house:

Albany Civic Center holds about 10,000 for concerts. I estimate the house to be 300-400 in attendance. Atlas Security in the house. Show finished in less than two hours.

 

Source: PWInsider

Posted

I wonder what it would take for them to cancel a show. Less than a hundred?

 

Aren't tickets really cheap in America as well before discounts? Whereas here, as already noted, they're charging more than WWE for many ticket brackets.

Posted
Another cracking house:

Albany Civic Center holds about 10,000 for concerts. I estimate the house to be 300-400 in attendance. Atlas Security in the house. Show finished in less than two hours.

 

Source: PWInsider

 

When I saw that advertised on Impact, I thought it was Albany, New York. Nope its Albany, Georgia. Never even heard of it. Columbus & Macon have double/treble the population, 90 minutes down the road. They would be better towns to try and run a house show. Some of the places TNA go to are bizarre. DeKalb Illinois, Beckley West Virginia, Morgantown West Virginia are all scheduled for next month. None of them are places associated with wrestling, just seems like a wasted exercise.

Posted
Another cracking house:

Albany Civic Center holds about 10,000 for concerts. I estimate the house to be 300-400 in attendance. Atlas Security in the house. Show finished in less than two hours.

 

Source: PWInsider

 

When I saw that advertised on Impact, I thought it was Albany, New York. Nope its Albany, Georgia. Never even heard of it. Columbus & Macon have double/treble the population, 90 minutes down the road. They would be better towns to try and run a house show. Some of the places TNA go to are bizarre. DeKalb Illinois, Beckley West Virginia, Morgantown West Virginia are all scheduled for next month. None of them are places associated with wrestling, just seems like a wasted exercise.

 

Unless the exercise is putting on shows irrespective of commercial viability. "Heck we ran 20 shows this month . . . . how are we in trouble dang it".

Posted (edited)
About fucking time. They're crying out for top babyfaces.

 

Watch TNA use him as a heel now.

 

Meltzer reckons MVP is going to be the Mystery Investor, which I'm guessing makes him a babyface to go against Dixie.

 

He's effectively taking Sting's spot, who's now done. Contract is up and doesn't look like it is getting renewed. Gets written off tv by losing to Magnus this Thursday.

 

Looks like the UK tv tapings will be eventful, with the wrestling debuts of Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, and presumably MVP's debut too.

Edited by ClassicsGuy
Posted

But if MVP isn't on the UK tour there will be several weeks of TV without him appearing (barring taped vignettes spliced in).

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Can MVP get into the country since the law about ex cons changed?

 

EDIT: He did 9 years, so probably not.

Edited by PowerButchi
Posted
Can MVP get into the country since the law about ex cons changed?

 

EDIT: He did 9 years, so probably not.

 

When did the law you speak of change? I know he has visited the UK a few times - and worked a convention last year - but don't know if the law you speak of was introduced very recently, or if it has a different impact depending on what the individual will be upto in the country.

Posted

Hope someone tells my local venue - they were advertising an evening with Mike Tyson as recently as last night.

 

In regards to TNA, odds of them knowing about this law? Unlikely at best unless their PR guy reads this forum and checks it out (assuming MVP is supposed to be on the tour at all).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...