• Paid Members

Best thing for everyone would be for Spike to renew with TNA and then sell it. If Toby Keith buys it at least he'll have money to actually bring in talent. Its one thing pushing Spud, Ethan Carter and Magnus. Its another doing it for the reasons they are doing it. Because there is currently a small time mentality and pushing cheap workers is all they can do at the minute. Ideally TNA would have Chris Masters, Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson, Michael Elgin, MVP, Chris Hero, Kevin Steen, AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, Lance Archer, Alex Shelley, Carlito, Adam Cole, John Morrison and all these guys that are available and they'd have someone who can position them against their regulars in the right way and enhance the promotion. But they dont have the budget sadly. I'd love to see someone take over and get rid of the small time attitude they have and try and find their own niche with the right guys on the show, instead of the same guys wrestling the same guys all the time. I saw Roode and Storm the other night and it reminded me of when Rick Steiner was still on TV in 2001. Its like "Christ, are these two still wearing the same shit, cutting the same promos"? Even the people there need a fresh coat on them.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The Jarrett/Toby Keith looks like its a go. Jarrett's non-compete/gag order ends tomorrow and Konnan said he's been in contact with him and told him he's announcing something soon. He also said that Jarrett told him he left TNA because he couldn't be arsed with them and the promotion is in a terrible state and he doesn't know (or care) if they'll see out the year. This could be quite an interesting few months.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The Jarrett/Toby Keith looks like its a go. Jarrett's non-compete/gag order ends tomorrow and Konnan said he's been in contact with him and told him he's announcing something soon. He also said that Jarrett told him he left TNA because he couldn't be arsed with them and the promotion is in a terrible state and he doesn't know (or care) if they'll see out the year. This could be quite an interesting few months.

Surely JJ didn't really think "bollocks to the gag order, I'll have a blether with me old loudmouthed shit stirring mate Konnan and show him my hand".

Yeah, I've kinda had the feeling for a while that Jeff was the one who really tried to do something with Konnan and AAA. If he was toying with starting something up, or even if he's just scouting for a job, him calling Konnan for a chat isn't all that surprising.

• Paid Members

I think the same, AAA/Konnan have been looking to expand for a while and the El Rey Network (English language channel for Latino audiences) which launched last year may have something to do with it, interesting that Jim Ross has retweeted somebody mentioning JJ's plans.

Surely JJ didn't really think "bollocks to the gag order, I'll have a blether with me old loudmouthed shit stirring mate Konnan and show him my hand".

Unless Jeff wants to get the rumour mill going, to build potential interest in what he might do. Then it would make perfect sense to tell the local gossip

interesting that Jim Ross has retweeted somebody mentioning JJ's plans.

JR has also been spotted out and about with Toby Keith recently, could be 2+2 making 5 but it's sounding interesting. A new company with JJ, JR and Toby Keith could snag a slot somewhere like CMT and there's some decent free agents out there. Bring in the likes of AJ, Carlito, John Morrison and you'd probably get enough people tuning in to check it out without spending stupid money on the likes of Hogan.

Over the years I've learned to always take what Konnan says with a grain of salt. The guy can be ridiculously full of it sometimes. That said, he's not the only one to make that assumption about Jarrett so hopefully he's not wrong. I can definitely get behind the idea of a new Jarrett promotion. The more wrestling TV products to choose from, the merrier I say. There's not a ton of big superstars out there but there's enough guys with some name value to their names to make this work, especially if it's going to be on a lower-level network like CMT. Anyway, we'll see if anything happens but colour me excited about the possibility of this happening.

In regards to how TNA ticket sales are going these days, i've been looking at the Phones 4U Arena's site as i'll be attending the show in Manchester on the tour. It's interesting in comparisson to previous years. The past 2 years i've had to buy Fan Interaction tickets for inflated prices on eBay due to them selling out almost as soon as they went on sale, this year i can still pick up multiple Interaction tickets on the arena's website if i want them (giving it a miss this year) and they've been on sale for months. There are still plenty of seats left for the show in the tiers (some nice ones in the lower tier facing the entrance) and still a fair few floor seats up for grabs. Looking at what is available and having been in the same building for TNA shows the past 2 years, i'm pretty sure the sales are down.

Edited by truthofsin

• Paid Members

Last year they advertised Hogan, Sting and Hardy (even though they were false advertising) and tickets sales weren't what they were the previous year. What novelty do they have this year? I have a few mates from college who aren't going this year. People go to see the stars and its so light on star power this year. Sting, Hogan and Hardy aren't Gangrel and Joe Legend. They are names that will make you travel from Newcastle to Manchester for a night of wrestling. It just seems natural that there is going to be a drop in demand with the drop in star power.

• Paid Members

This is who is going to be there:

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING will tape its first ever international Pay-Per-View events in the UK, as part of the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour in January and February 2014. Appearing on the tour will be: World Heavyweight Champion Magnus, Kurt Angle, Rockstar Spud, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, ODB, Ethan Carter III, Robbie E, Jessie Godderz, Zema Ion, Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, Joseph Park, Eric Young, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, Austin Aries, James Storm, Gunner, Gail Kim, Mr Anderson, Lei'D Tapa, Samuel Shaw, Madison Rayne

They are going to have to get Sting to show up (if he's still under contract to them of course). That card looks so unimpressive. Kurt Angle is the only person who you could say wuld appeal to the ticket buyer.