• Paid Members

Dancing with Brodus Clay would be far fresher than the same old storylines he's done for the last 5 years.

On the NXT thing, if that would be considered a burial, I'd be more than happy to fly over to the US and hand them a spade. Imagine AJ vs Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Sami Calliham and the likes them? People always say "they'll just bury AJ", but if you see him in front of your own eyes, he's so sensational at his best. Its like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk. They were DESPERATE to bury them and expose them. But you cant hold talent down. The fact is, they offered him a deal. That tells me his age isn't a concern. If he could get his foot through the door in WWE, I think he'd be amazing for them. If he was in the Curtis Axl role, he'd have done so much better. AJ's got at least a bit of personality about him. He's got a charisma about how he carries himself between the ropes. Its just he sounds like a hick. He's like RVD in that sense. He has a confidence about himself, even if he sounds like he's taking through a drainpipe. He'd be great if you put a Heyman or Dutch with him. Also, Terry Taylor, BG James, Dutch Mantell and Billy Gunn have Triple H's ear down there. Wouldn't shock me if they are telling him how good he is. There are a load of ex-TNA and ROH people who work in NXT and WWE these days.

Although, I see it all being worked out in the end. TNA simply have to back down. If they let AJ Styles go, as hyperbole driven as this sounds (and no way is it as significant), but its like when WCW let Flair leave. What sort of message does it send out when you let someone as loyal as him leave over money?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I would think TNA would want to keep AJ hes been there since the start been champion don't know how many times. Surely TNA could offer more than WWE as he wouldn't really mean anything to WWE. Maybe he wanted to take time off or to do some other things. The roster is getting really thin. Could do with a few new faces. I like EC3 though think he could work hopefully don't push him towards a title match too quickly though.

The thing is, the return on investment with AJ is pretty much non-existant now. Nothing they do with him will elevate him above the level he's already at, and that level isn't doing anything for them from a business perspective other than having another solid hand on the roster. It's at the point where he's really not worth any more money than they've already been paying him, so if he's really pushing the issue of more money they might as well just let him go and use the money elsewhere. I honestly don't think he'd be missed.

• Paid Members
Really like what TNA are doing with EC3.

What a dick :laugh:

I love the guy. Think he's exactly the type of thing they should be doing. A fresh young act on low wages. I think Spud and Zema Ion's roles are perfect for them too.

With Bromans, this lot, Bad Influence, some of Sabin's stuff and the Aries/Roode team earlier in the year, I actually think a strong point about TNA is you can say they do comedic heels really well. In fact with the Aces funeral last week and alot of the early Joe Park, TNA really can get the light hearted stuff right in general.

Just a shame they do absolutely everything else badly.

Interesting comments from Lagana.

@Lagana

An amazing team effort the last three weeks pulling off what was put in front of us

I hope Lagana is as chatty about this period of TNA when he leaves as he was about his time in WWE. A new I Want Wrestling podcast would be very interesting.

Probably unlikely though as he probably deserves a fair bit of the blame here..

Edited by Benno

1.24million viewers for last nights show. Take away thanksgiving episode, they're seeing a weekly increase in viewers. Positive steps.

5/12 - 1.24

21/11 - 1.19

14/11 - 1.14

7/11 - 1.02

31/10 - 1.10

Really like what TNA are doing with EC3.

What a dick :laugh:

I love the guy. Think he's exactly the type of thing they should be doing. A fresh young act on low wages. I think Spud and Zema Ion's roles are perfect for them too.

With Bromans, this lot, Bad Influence, some of Sabin's stuff and the Aries/Roode team earlier in the year, I actually think a strong point about TNA is you can say they do comedic heels really well. In fact with the Aces funeral last week and alot of the early Joe Park, TNA really can get the light hearted stuff right in general.

Just a shame they do absolutely everything else badly.

Yeah been super impressed with him, and they seem to be building him nice and steady at the moment. Love his music too, fits him really well.

He's the example for Ultimate Tiger. Really really hope they build him up using vidoes etc and make his debut on iMPACT mean something. (He's been working shows for Xplosion)

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

• Paid Members

I liked Spud on the latest edition of Impact. He's great in the role of Dixie's right hand man. Dixie continues to be horrendous, though. They should just get rid off her and have Spud as the GM. Like how Vince nipped off and left Brad Maddox in charge. Zima Ion is fantastic as the DJ. I've always liked Zima Ion and glad to see him in a role where he can show some character. Derrick Bateman is alright. Not really feeling him much myself. He's one of them blokes who they tell us is a star, even though he's not. He's Shawn Stasiak just before WCW folded. He does a lot of poses in front of small crowds and you try and convince the people watching he's actually over.

They've got some decent new acts on the show, but its all the same TNA formula. Everyone is a clown. Spud and Ion are played for laughs. Bateman isn't exactly super serious himself. The freshest act they've had in the last few years was Austin Aries, who got over belting out top bouts and coming across like a star on the microphone. They have to start getting some good, serious acts over. I have no idea if there are any out there, though. They wanted Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards and they told them where to go. Adam Cole and Michael Elgin will stay with ROH until the phone rings from WWE. Also you are banking on people signing for you who is very cheap. Look at TNA's new acts. A bunch of blokes nobody else will book. You can do the "LOL Bro-mans, LOL Bad Influence, LOL Eric Young, LOL two jobbers that they fly in even though the joke died after their first appearance" all day, but its all over the shows. Everything is a piss take. If everyone is funny, nobody stands out eventually.

I have no idea who this Extreme Tiger bloke is, except I just googled him and this picture came up:

jack-evans-y-extreme-tiger.jpg

Anything Jack Evans touches is usually shit.

I liked Spud on the latest edition of Impact. He's great in the role of Dixie's right hand man. Dixie continues to be horrendous, though. They should just get rid off her and have Spud as the GM. Like how Vince nipped off and left Brad Maddox in charge. Zima Ion is fantastic as the DJ. I've always liked Zima Ion and glad to see him in a role where he can show some character. Derrick Bateman is alright. Not really feeling him much myself. He's one of them blokes who they tell us is a star, even though he's not. He's Shawn Stasiak just before WCW folded. He does a lot of poses in front of small crowds and you try and convince the people watching he's actually over.

They've got some decent new acts on the show, but its all the same TNA formula. Everyone is a clown. Spud and Ion are played for laughs. Bateman isn't exactly super serious himself. The freshest act they've had in the last few years was Austin Aries, who got over belting out top bouts and coming across like a star on the microphone. They have to start getting some good, serious acts over. I have no idea if there are any out there, though. They wanted Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards and they told them where to go. Adam Cole and Michael Elgin will stay with ROH until the phone rings from WWE. Also you are banking on people signing for you who is very cheap. Look at TNA's new acts. A bunch of blokes nobody else will book. You can do the "LOL Bro-mans, LOL Bad Influence, LOL Eric Young, LOL two jobbers that they fly in even though the joke died after their first appearance" all day, but its all over the shows. Everything is a piss take. If everyone is funny, nobody stands out eventually.

I have no idea who this Extreme Tiger bloke is, except I just googled him and this picture came up:

jack-evans-y-extreme-tiger.jpg

Anything Jack Evans touches is usually shit.

I do think TNA will be able to sign some of these Indy guys who would be good serious acts. That is due to WWE's mindset of not wanting to sign anymore Indy names and instead go for people starting from scratch. That's a horrible mindset WWE has, BTW.

Edited by Kyle

• Moderators

Davey Richards being a massive cock has something to do with that I reckon. Personally I can,t wait for him to be completely destroyed by WWE politics and cry himself to sleep at night before becoming a husk.

The same WWE that's just given Davey Richards and his mate trial bookings in NXT?

Isn't it a trial because they don't want to sign many more Indy blokes though?

Yes it is. Amazing how they will sign people from outside sports with zero experience on the spot, yet this is their mentality with the Indy guys.

• Paid Members
Yes it is. Amazing how they will sign people from outside sports with zero experience on the spot, yet this is their mentality with the Indy guys.

That's just not true though. This is no different that when they'd give people dark matches and trails in OVW. Richards and Edwards actually earn a living in wrestling. They aren't FCW fodder who are going to take $300 a week contracts. So WWE giving them a trail is to see if they are worth the investment of signing them to contracts higher than your average NXT wrestler. Its easy to take a gamble on some nobody who hasn't got any experience. Its another thing taking a risk on two wrestlers who have been around a while and can demand decent fees on the circuit and overseas.

• Paid Members

CM Punk, American Dragon, Jon Moxley, Tyler Black, Brodie Lee, El Generico, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, PAC, Samuray del Sol, Sami Callihan. All with their zero experience. Which of these hasn't been given a chance in the WWE? I think so far (it's still early days with a couple of those) they've been treated very well and pushed far beyond anyone would have ever hoped. Hero fucked up his chance.

You can't win with this argument can you? These days, if you're an indy guy you stand a much higher chance of getting to WWE and doing well. WWE are taking full advantage of what the indy scene has to offer more so than ever.