• Paid Members
If the guy coming were a "name" it makes no sense to put the videos online only and not even mention them on TV. So, it seems more likely he's not a "name". That was my point.

This is a company who didn't advertise the arrival of RIC FLAIR. That isn't a big tease for a surprise. That's something they should have made a massive deal out of. Giving that anyway is incredibly mental. Why are you applying logic to how TNA debuts wrestlers? There wasn't a single hint on television that Rob Van Dam was debuting on their first regular Monday Night show. On that show to build to a mega angle to keep people hooked so they dont switch over to Raw, TNA put up some bullshit on their youtube channel about "you've got to watch the first 5 minutes on March 3" or whenever it was to build to a big angle on that show. They never told the regular Impact viewers they MUST watch the first 5 minutes. They told their internet audience. TNA have done the "put it on youtube, the show is already in the can anyway" thing so many times over the years.

And anyway, it has caught a bit of buzz on the internet. So if this is a nobody its typical TNA bullshit. And if its a somebody, they fucked up not advertising it. Either way they are fucked. The 'he doesn't work here/who is this man' shite died out years ago. Just put some vignettes out and build to a debut.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I really want it to be something good, but I suspect this will just be a swerve, and it'll end up being someone who's only been off TV for a while (Matt Morgan?), or something even more stupid and internet driven, like it being Jesse Sorensen (I appreciate how stupid an idea that sounds, and how implausible, but I honestly wouldn't put it past TNA to have his release being a work, and then be surprised when it goes down like a fart in a lift when they try to bring him back as a big reveal)

I genuinely hope TNA do something awesome with this, maybe bringing in an MVP or someone who might actually make an impact and freshen up the card a bit, god knows it needs it. However, I think we'll be getting a non event in the end, and this whole thing will end up a damp squib.

• Paid Members

Whoever it is wants to get with the times. We 're living in the digital age, who the fuck still uses video tapes and what's he doing dropping them off at people's houses at 3 o'clock in the morning?

Massively looks like Low-Ki anyway.

Definitely looks like Low Ki, in which case the videos have served their purpose I guess. He's a big enough name to internet fans that he won't be a disappointment, but not a big enough name to bother hyping on the actual TV shows. If it's just a way of re-introducing Low Ki to the X-Division there's no harm done I suppose.

Monty Brown would be...different.

Don't get my hopes up.

Hardcore Holly would definitely bring ratings. How many of you can honestly say you wouldn't want to see him kick the shit out of Anderson on TV?

I don't like Hardcore Holly but I never thought of that and yes it would be worth it for that alone. What pointless sack of shite Anderson really is.

• Paid Members

If this is true that Tito is on his way in, its interesting that TNA is filling up with contracted Viacom personalities like King Mo, Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz. They could just sack everyone at this rate.

Doesn't Tito Ortiz have about zero value left? Wouldn't he be a detriment to have on Bellator? He looked washed up when I last saw him and that was ages ago. Although I'd love to see them book another Shamrock vs Ortiz fight. It'd be like when Sting and Flair wrestled in slow motion the other year.

Apparently Jeff Jarrett is now the head of talent in TNA. He's replaced Bruce Prichard. The boy is back in power. Funny how things change. Only makes sense to give him the job since he's actually under contract anyway.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay