• Moderators
I'd not be surprised if at least one of them was offered a trainer role.

It's ironic some of the people WWE think are good enough to train the future stars, yet they'd refuse to actually use them as talent!

Not that ironic. Rhodes and Steamboat are Rhodes and Steamboat. Steve Keirn did the territories for years so know how to tell a great story in the ring. Terry Taylor, Norman Smiley, Robbie Brookside and Bill DeMott are a bit old but have all had roles (Decent ones in the case of three of them) on Big Two TV, Eugene and Mercury had good roles on WWE TV, Sara Del Ray doesn't have the look, and Billy Gunn has a prominent role on TV. All are respected trainers too. Several of them known for doing it for years. What's the benefit of hiring one of Bad Influence as a trainer? What do they offer?

Edited by PowerButchi

I didn't think they'd taped anything yet. The website says live tonight and tapings tomorrow and saturday. Did they tape monday and tuesday aswell? Spoiler results?

Today's "live" show is the first post-Lockdown Impact.

• Paid Members
TNA is scheduled to run three shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City this summer. A source with knowledge of the situation tells Prowrestling.net that TNA is paying $300,000 total to the Hammerstein for rental and production work. The TNA shows are slated to take place in June, July, and August. A message left with a member of the Hammerstein Ballroom management team was not returned before this story was published.

Powell's POV: One source theorized that this is a desperation move to impress Spike TV, which is located in New York, as the two sides have yet to reach a new television agreement. However, it is unclear whether Spike TV is paying a portion of the bill or if this is being funded entirely by TNA, yet it is believed that TNA management negotiated the deal with the Hammerstein Ballroom.

I can only imagine that this will be a controversial move in the TNA locker room. I'm sure it will be positioned as the company spending money to make money in a big market, but that might be a tough sell to the wrestlers who have taken pay cuts in recent months. If nothing else, this may help explain why New York native Bully Ray is now cast as a top babyface

Christ, that's some price to run such a small venue. The Hammerstein are absolute cunts to anyone who have a bit of fame, apparently. When ROH ran an iPPV there they put the price up on everything from the rent to the actual printing of tickets. New York is a mega expensive place to run. Its really no wonder TNA haven't taped there before. Its going to be an interesting few months to see what TNA does to increase interest in Spike renewing them. Surely they need to put something on the table to go "we have this planned past September" to get them to re-sign them.

Its quite ominous, though. TNA going to the same building ECW was running regularly when they were kicked off the same network.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The Willow gimmick is fun but strange at the same time. He's now an alter ego of Jeff Hardy and is essentially Jeff Hardy in a daft mask i.e wears the same clothes. I thought he was built up well on the vignettes and they shit all over him at Lockdown. I don't know why they have to mention Jeff Hardy at all and stick him in his Beetlejuice suit for matches?! He'd look the bollocks!

Magnus is a beacon of light in TNA every week for me. He's given chicken shit and turns it to chicken salad. It's only his matches (very green and made to look like a bitch every week who needs the entire heel roster to help him win) which let him down. I'd love to see how he'd fair in WWE.

I've noticed in recent weeks the TNA die-hards (Roode, Gunner, Storm, Young etc) all have the same promo style and just end up screaming at each other in 'intense' stare downs. Load of shite!

Spud's over acting and comedic schtick actually grew on me on the post Lockdown impact. Crowd seemed with him aswell.

Bring back Rob Terry!!

The Willow gimmick is fun but strange at the same time. He's now an alter ego of Jeff Hardy and is essentially Jeff Hardy in a daft mask i.e wears the same clothes. I thought he was built up well on the vignettes and they shit all over him at Lockdown.

Don't forget the totally pointless part. Dixie suspends Hardy so unable to attend Lockdown thus making it a handicap match.

1) Dixie makes no mention of Willow being in the ring when she comes out to introduce the "insurance policy", so making the 4 on 3 situation and Willow pointless.

2) With Team Dixie losing and being kicked out of TNA, surely this means Hardy's ban is no longer in effect thus meaning no need to pose as Willow - Thus making Willow pointless.

• Paid Members
Some great stuff from Spud and Ethan Carter on the Spin Cycle. This pair are hilarious together. They'd be fantastic in a tag team together. You could get a lot out of this pair as a tandem.

Agreed, particularly in the current climate for their characters. Having previously been part of a chosen elite, now MVP's running wrestling operations they're kinda on the outs.

I wouldn't have MVP directly victimise them, but I think there's some strong (comedy, mainly) mileage in Spud & EC3 together as a pair who aren't best buddies, but who are desperately clinging together as neither really knows how to get by on their own, or without the full support of the person in charge.

• Moderators

All that has been covered by proper wrestling news sources for weeks. There is no real new news to speak of at the moment. There was a decent small write up in this weeks observer, probably where Nick Pagliano stole it from and passed it off as according to him.

• Paid Members

Meltzer reckons that Spike isn't an option for TNA because to get out of his deal Jarrett had to sign an agreement not to compete against them for their Spike deal. But Jarrett has also went to the trouble of making everyone he's got on board sign confidentiality agreements. So he's either bluffing or he's already signed a deal with CMT. The rumour going about is that the network they sign with will be airing a reality show of the new promotion to get over the characters before the promotion airs its weekly wrestling show. So I wouldn't be shocked if that's what the announcement is on April 7.