UKFF - Thread of the Year

Ronnie

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Which thread was your favourite?

- ajmcstyles tries to return the shoes that he's wearing

- Battle Raps (the final, though I think we can consider the whole thing a single thread)

- Celebrity Twatlist III

- CuckedByMenry's Photoshop Challenge

- Deathmatch Interest Thread

- Depression Discussion

- Rule One's Belt Thread

- The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films of 2012

- Video Artwork

• Awards Moderator

Can't really vote for myself for the Twatlist, but very pleased it was nominated - it's worth remembering that loads of members contributed to that, not just me, so it was a team effort and ... Yeah, to be honest, I hope it wins.

Similarly, I actually nominated Battle Raps in Paid, but would feel bad voting for it since I won the thing. Some great, great reading in those threads over spring though.

I would have voted for the shoe returning thread but it's already in Gold, so where's the incentive?

So I went for the Deathmatch thread. I HATE deathmatches, but it's testament to Richie's love and enthusiasm for the stuff that despite said hate, I have read every page of that thread.

• Moderators

I'm going to do my research first, and have a browse through each of these threads throughout the day. Combine this with the fact the paper I've been busting my ass to finish off for today is now not going to get submitted for reasons outside our conrol, I have a feeling I won't get much work done today...

• Paid Members

I've re-read the threads and the Twatlist is still stellar, to the point of outshining all the others, in my opinion. I know that HG in his customary modesty will deflect the credit ("It was a team effort" etc) but his input was exemplary and necessitated a lot of effort on his part. The pacing was exceptionally good, his write-ups somehow avoided becoming repetitive, and he shovelled the participants' contributions in with aplomb so that every post was an easy read, adorned with his facts, Twatter stuff and other memorabilia.

50 write-ups in with every reason to feel drained and eager to shut up shop, he came up with this cherry: "Fun bit of trivia... the write-ups accompanying nominations for Terry contained more uses of the word 'cunt' than all the write-ups for every other nominee put together. And there were over 150 other nominees." A fantastic spot and a brilliantly delivered last sentence that would have had me taking my hands off the wheel to applaud had it been uttered on Radio 4 when I'm picking Ronette up from the train station.

Mind you, that Depression Discussion deserves a nod. I didn't realise that so many people are facing anxieties and difficulties, and there's something laudable in having a thread where people are trying to help each other and which is acting as a sanctuary or support group for people who are really struggling. Duke, in particular, has done a sterling job in the paternal role from the moment he was the first to speak openly and divert it from the piss-taking thread it appeared initially to be, in spite of his own problems. Take a bow, that man.

Edited by Ronnie

• Paid Members

Tough one but settled on the Photoshop Challenge, some of those efforts were hilarious and it really cheered me up at the time. Want to give honourable mentions to the how Butch lives, most round head and depression discussion if I may. Also to all those who put in a lot of work for ongoing competitions/lists such as FogDude, Gladstone Small, HarmonicGenerator, they've all been fantastic threads fellas.

• Paid Members

I voted for the Depression Discussion. As funny as most of those other threads were, it's something unique and heart-warming to see that there's a good community of people on here who can and will reach out to help each other.

• Moderators

...whose feet mysteriously grew and then shrunk again over the course of the activity in the thread (after having gradually shrunk over the course of the previous few years).

Also, kinda unrelated but neil's post in that thread has reminded me of when he try to shift his stinky old used Gi in Classifieds. Animal.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

The shoe thread at a fast jog.

Thread reminds me that it'd be quite cool to disable the editing of posts on this board. Not only would it sort the men from the byos (sic) in terms of writing, but it would stop golden moments being erased by posters who subsequently get embarrassed.

• Paid Members

I voted Twatlist. For sheer effort alone it deserves credit, but man hours aside it's just an absolutely wonderful read from top to bottom. The shoes thing is hilarious, but when you consider HG must've put some serious work and effort into the twatlist and ajmcstyles clearly doesn't put any ounce of thought into simple things like day to day tasks or his general person, I think it's a massive shame that his thread would take the top gong.