Impact Wrestling 17/1

pgi86

• Paid Members

Carbomb, if being faithful to a company like TNA for ten years was enough to warrant that kind of reward, then the Brooklyn Brawler should have been AT LEAST Intercontinental Champion for his years of service Up North. It isn't, he wasn't.

Tbh I wasn't saying that Daniels should be Champion for the long haul. But he has been on one of the best runs of his career and I feel like he deserve a least one reign as World Champion before the end of his career.

Why? Because he's had a good career? That's not enough. You need to have a certain set of intangibles to be a world champion, longevity or consistency of performance isn't enough.

I donno. My opinion is that not having the World Champion wrestle or have in-ring segments between 31st Jan - 21st Feb and then have him only being there for 2 Impacts before Lockdown seems pretty stupid.

If he's the big deal that they so badly want to potray Hardy as, then two weeks (especially if it's a return from injury) should be all they need. Hell, if they were to announce a title defence or Hardy being on a team for Lethal Lockdown then air a taped backstage angle where he gets injured, the "will Hardy be fit in time?" story is a great drama-building device. It's surely a better option than a lifetime midcarder walking around with the big belt just to suit the TV schedule. Aries or Roode are a much safer option and better fit if they did need to take the title off Jeff - which they don't - although personally until TNA make an announcement of their own that Hardy isn't coming over, 'cause at the moment it seems there's only Meltzer's word to go off, I still expect him to turn up anyway.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Carbomb, if being faithful to a company like TNA for ten years was enough to warrant that kind of reward, then the Brooklyn Brawler should have been AT LEAST Intercontinental Champion for his years of service Up North. It isn't, he wasn't.

There's a substantial difference between Daniels, who's held lots of TNA championships in the past, and the Brawler who must have at most, what? two victories to his record? Besides, didn't Lombardi insist on being a jobber?

Don't misunderstand me, I agree - I don't think Daniels should be champ. TNA aren't WWE - they haven't shown that they're capable of making anything work on purpose, so I don't expect they could make a Daniels title reign worth watching. Just that, if he was going to get a reign, it'll probably be more out of regard for his loyalty than because he's upped his game to main-event level.

It would certainly be interesting to see where Hardy goes from here because as things stand right now it appears Roode & Aries might be moving to the tag team scene for a while, which leaves Hardy without a challenger for Lockdown, you know, the second biggest TNA PPV of the year. Whether Daniels should get the Title today at the TV tapings or not, I think we can all agree that Hardy vs. Daniels doesn't sound like a good Lockdown main event. So, if Aries/Roode are indeed doing something else and Daniels is not the guy for the job, then who faces Hardy at Lockdown? Or do they stick him in the inevitable TNA vs. Aces & Eights Lethal Lockdown match?

• Paid Members
Daniels to win the belt tonight and then drop to Hulk in Britain. Sorted!

Head says "ridiculous", heart says "the best thing in the history of TNA."

• Paid Members

Only if they'd have turned Bully instead of an announcer. They could have put the belt on him tonight and had Hardy chase him. If they wanted to get the belt of Hardy they could easily have the Aces and 8s give him a kicking and announce the belt as vacant on the UK shows. And maybe have a little tournament on the tapings.

I've just watched the closing angle again. Say what you want about it, but they finally got them over (if only for one night). Imagine if they'd have actually booked this angle right from the start? It had so much potential when it first kicked off. Shame.

• Paid Members

Must admit to being a bit mystified myself - honestly thought this was going to be the show where they finally turn Bully back. TNA booking seem to be obsessed with trying to swerve the fans at every juncture - they need to realise that, sometimes, people want to see happen what they saw a mile off.

Quick question: anyone know what the deal is with Taz and his retirement? I was under the impression he'd quit because his injuries were critical, like Edge, rather than severe, but with potential for re-hab, like Shawn Michaels. Is it at all possible he's decided he's had sufficient time off as to have recovered from them, and wants to get back in the ring? Because otherwise I have no idea what they're going to do with the guy.

I haven't seen this yet, but seeing as nobody wants to wait until the UK airings to discuss TNA (grr), I've managed to spoil this for myself now.

So - is Taz the guy behind the mask we thought was D'Lo then? In that case, having Taz for D'Lo is a straight swop from a non-wrestler to a non-wrestler. There's no way either guy is having matches, they're both completely out of shape.

• Paid Members

I don't think there's anything to stop D'Lo wrestling, to be fair - he didn't retire through injury, and I'm sure he could probably pull off a couple of rare appearances, like Snow did at Big Friendly Giant.

• Paid Members

The turn itself was somewhat cool. The crowd response was great. The only problem? It was fucking Taz. TAZ FOR FUCKS FUCKING SAKE. Oh TNA, I try to defend you, but god damn, Taz.

I was really enjoying Impact too, no Aces and 8's until then, some amazing stuff from Roode/Aries and the build of a potential Daniels title win if Hardys visa issues are to believed. As a sucker for a good wrestling wedding, I thought the build with the Dreamer/Spike cameos and especially the Hogan/Sting segements which, sue me, I loved, was great. They just had to go and ruin it.

On a side note though, I at least laughed at Sting turning up dead out of nowhere at the end, and Brooke almost ruining the closing shot by thinking Dreamer was Bully. Gold.

Due to horrifically slow internet speed back at my parents house I have chosen to just watch the last segment. It was fantastic! I'm not sure if it was the presence of guests on Bully's side or the fact that Bully and Brooke were actually acting quite well (What?!?!) but it was the most believable wrestling wedding I can remember. I have to echo everyone's praise over the handling of Aces and Eights on this and despite Taz looking like he may have a new role on screen, I think he would come in very handy as a mouthpiece and perhaps manager for a guy like Knox. I'm wondering how Aces and Eights will impact on the tapings next weekend now as I was imagining they'd stink the place out in a meaningless tag match which they'd probably lose so that should be interesting.

lol tna, mr shouty don west turns heel on tenay, mr human wrecking machine turns on tNA, I fear for tenay now that he has another partner, Brooke being all concerned about her tits falling out of her dress instead being shit scared, hogan "go check bully" and the daft bint checks tommy dreamer instead.

lol tna

Archived