Best Non-wrestler

Ronnie

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

We're spoilt for choice this year. Laurinitis grew into his role and had my other half hissing at the screen whenever he appeared. Vickie always gets her scowling and shaking her head, whilst asking me rhetoricially "Can you hear all the boos?" Heyman wins though - when he appears on screen she gets caught up in the moment and spits "that cunt!", a word I have never, ever heard her use except for when he and his skullet materialise. I think he deserves the award too on the basis of having solidified the position of and embellished the lead heel in WWE. He's immensely dislikeable for all the right reasons.

Edited by Ronnie

• Paid Members
Mrs Ronnie is fantastic!

She's a delight to watch wrestling with because she reacts exactly as WWE programmes her to, even down to whispering "YES!" and doing a minor fist-pump when Cena kicks out of a near fall.

For the first year or so she would finish every episode of Raw exasperatedly complaining to me that she can't find an address online to send complaints about the referees to, because they were missing the heels cheating and not protecting Cena when on the receiving end of a multi-person beatdown. "OH, I COULD STAND THERE COUNTING TO FIVE!" I put the Hogan-Andre "evil twin" match on a couple of months ago and she was seething about the fact that WWE has had 25 years to identify a problem with the referees and do something about it but hadn't bothered. She's brilliant and I'd love to find a forum that holds to kayfabe, sort of an online version of PWI, to send her to.

Edited by Ronnie

I was going to go with Heyman, but really he didn't do a whole lot in the year. He made a handful of appearances for Lesnar around Summerslam when it became abundantly clear Lesnar wouldn't excel in a live promo setting. As far as being Punk's manager, his main role is to stand in the background holding up the WWE title. It's a testament to how hateable and smarmy Heyman is that the simple action is enough to help Punk draw significant additional heat.

My pick for best non-wrestler is JBL. For a quarter of the year, he was the master on WWE commentary multiple times a week, forcing Michael Cole to pick up his game as well. Oh, and he's fantastic ripping on Josh Mathews on Smackdown.

His Clothesline from Hell at Raw 1000 was a thing of beauty as well.

Mrs Ronnie is fantastic!

She's a delight to watch wrestling with because she reacts exactly as WWE programmes her to, even down to whispering "YES!" and doing a minor fist-pump when Cena kicks out of a near fall.

For the first year or so she would finish every episode of Raw exasperatedly complaining to me that she can't find an address online to send complaints about the referees to, because they were missing the heels cheating and not protecting Cena when on the receiving end of a multi-person beatdown. "OH, I COULD STAND THERE COUNTING TO FIVE!" I put the Hogan-Andre "evil twin" match on a couple of months ago and she was seething about the fact that WWE has had 25 years to identify a problem with the referees and do something about it but hadn't bothered. She's brilliant and I'd love to find a forum that holds to kayfabe, sort of an online version of PWI, to send her to.

I wish I could watch wrestling like that, that's brilliant. Even Mrs Loki is too smarkish for that.

Can we add Mrs Ronnie to this poll?

• Paid Members

Heyman narrowly edges out Ricardo for me. He completely turned Punk's flailing title reign around. Ricardo's a brilliant sympathy figure, though, I nearly wept with joy when Del Rio chucked him those car keys and said "Do it with style".

• Paid Members

All good points made in this thread, buts its Joseph Park isn't it? From his fantastic search for his brother Chris (you know, abyss), to his feud with bully ray as the ultimate bullying victim, to his use and mangling of insider terms, he was one of the best things about tna all year

• Paid Members

I went for JBL. Some of the other candidates have contributed great telly ; JBL has made every minute of TV I've watched since his return more enjoyable. He's about the only WWE commentator I like.

Joseph Park, even though he's about to become a wrestler again. My fave character this year, and a super-rare example of taking your time over a storyline to good effect. Even us cynical fans have got used to thinking of him as Park, and his gradual move towards being a wrestler has been perfect. He'll be a loveable but inept face who the fans will support even when he loses, and then on the odd occasion we'll get a burst of Abyss and the crowd will go wild.

Go wild for Abyss. Just imagine that!

• 2 weeks later...