The cuts have started

Callum1993

From- http://www.pwinsider.com/article/74605/fir...elease.html?p=1

The first WWE release confirmed is Trent Baretta.

Baretta was signed to a developmental deal in 2008 and first appeared on the main roster of the company as one half of the Dudebusters with Caylen Croft.

After Croft was released from the company, Baretta moved into a low level singles run, most notably getting a surprise win over Drew McIntyre in 2011.

Baretta was forced out of the ring later that year with a torn biceps, leading to a "Where's Trent" joke online amongst WWE talents, including Zack Ryder's Youtube series. Even after he recovered, he was only used sparingly by WWE.

Baretta is already booked for Pro Wrestling Syndicate over Wrestlemania weekend in Metuchen, NJ, where he will be facing Sonjay Dutt. For more, visit www.ProWrestlingSyndicate.com.

Not that notable but still.

I liked Baretta but hardly unexpected. He was never going to be a big star but his matches were enjoyable and he had a weird charisma which made him fun.

Can't remember him having anything resembling a storyline or proper feud while he was on the main roster, closest thing being just a couple of unannounced TV matches with Drew McIntyre.

I liked that mini feud he had with Tyson Kidd on Superstars in 2011, Great series of matches.

I recall a really good house show match between the Dudebusters and the Hart Foundation. There's always a place for these guys; sadly WWE doesn't seem to be it.

Damn, he had an exciting style. I never watched Superstars much, but when I did he was usually on, I enjoyed his work. Like Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio without the charisma.

As for future cuts, I'd almost bet money on Evan Bourne. His suspensions are surely finished by now and they haven't bothered to put him back on TV. I suppose he could be a nice surprise Rumble entrant but I doubt it, there's not much future for him in WWE.

I've stopped watching WWE lately but when I saw the topic title (not the description) I guessed that Barreta would be the first release. As a few other have said, he had a number of good matches on Superstars but that's about it.

Going slightly off-topic, during the cutting season a few years back was it posted on the WWE website that Kane had been released, only to be removed shortly afterwards? Or am I just imagining things?

• Paid Members

I like Trent Baretta, but clearly nobody of any importance at WWE did. He's a charismatic guy with a good look, shame they couldn't find something for him to do.

Tonnes of guys on the chopping board now: Alex Riley, Camacho, Curt Hawkins, Evan Bourne, Zeke Jackson, Hunico, Swagger, Curtis, JTG, Gabriel, Mason Ryan, McGillicutty, DiBiase, Tensai, Tatsu.

Looks like their will probably be a lot more guys gone by the morning.

It was only a matter of time for Barretta to be fair and I'm glad that he has already got bookings for his post WWE career, he has all the tools to make as good a living as can be expected on the independent circuit and I'd imagine he'd be fairly in demand from the promotions looking for the 'workers' rather than the nostalgia names to sell tickets. I will always remember Barretta for his NXT match with Tyson Kidd at the Smackdown tapings in November of 2011 as me and Twinn (of this forum) had sat their for an hour having no idea what was going on NXT storyline wise and being bored to tears by the likes of Percy Watson...then Barretta and Kidd had a blinder of a match which made the crowd take notice thankfully.

Archived