The Main Event! The Showstopper! The Icon!

NEWM

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
Only post one or two so everybody can chip in.

<a billion photos>

Oi - let someone else have a go!

Anyway, I loved his gear in the comeback match in '02 for the Street Fight (or unsanctioned match, whatever it was). Perfect for the tone of the match; he'd have looked a right tit coming back for an all out war in spangly kex.

SummerSlam_2002_-_Michaels_Plancha_display_image.jpg

Would have liked to have seen that continue for a few months so to give the impression he was back to fight, not wrestle.

• Paid Members
Thanks raiders for ending the thread for anyone else wanting to have a go!

Nonsense! Plenty of Rockers and stupid 2005-onwards "not tights trousers" outfits to throw in.

EDIT - apologies, I excitedly didn't see that bit in NEWM's initial post. I'll delete all but the most important ones.

Thanks raiders for ending the thread for anyone else wanting to have a go!

Harsh. NEWM only edited that into his post after air_raid had already posted them.

I really liked the DX camo version he was wearing for the last six months of his career.

WWE-D-Generation-X-Wallpapers.jpg

Can't find a decent picture of it, but it was even better when he was wearing the light green wristbands, and the headband round his leg.

• Paid Members

I'm afraid there is an absence of "This post has been edited by" under the post... it was there all along.

It's a valid point, anyway. I'll get me coat.

(off to ruin the ten minute match thread too)

I didn't wanna say owt Raid, lest I quash your enthusiasm! I went looking for a good picture of the 92 zebra ones he won the IC Belt in for my first post as they were dynamite, but I couldn't find one. They're my favourites from the pre-heart shaped pattern era.

• Paid Members
For me, Shawn's best attire were definately from 96-98. The one where he had Heartbreak Kid on the back as opposed to Shawn Michaels on the back that he had when he returned from 03-05.

You would say that.

I went looking for a good picture of the 92 zebra ones he won the IC Belt in for my first post as they were dynamite, but I couldn't find one. They're my favourites from the pre-heart shaped pattern era.

In which case, might I treat you to a shitty vidcap, so people are clear which ones you mean?

shitty.jpg

Bang on! Exactly what I was after. As a bonus of my own, I FUCKING LIED to everybody in the OP. Those blue ones were his more common 1996 ones, here's ladder match one. An obvious goof:

l.jpg

Here's more HeartBlueKid - the one off Two Dudes with Attitudes number, that were so ace that they infected Diesel's vest:

6.jpg

• Paid Members

This thread reminds me of how embarassed I used to get if my Dad was in the same room when Shawn Michaels came on.

In 1994-95, I hated HBK for being so bloody flamboyant and the 'why are you watching these poofs for?' catcalls from the other side of the room.

• Paid Members
This thread reminds me of how embarassed I used to get if my Dad was in the same room when Shawn Michaels came on.

In 1994-95, I hated HBK for being so bloody flamboyant and the 'why are you watching these poofs for?' catcalls from the other side of the room.

Yes, absolutely. My old man had a radar for when Shawn came down dancing in his assless chaps. He'd never come in when the real men were on or I was dribbling over a Sunny video, but the sound of Sexy Boy had him sniffing around like a horny dog that's caught the scent of another dog's musky excellence.

My Dad loved Shawn, because his favourite moment ever was the Barber Shop breakup. He used to love winding me up because Shawn was a baddie and liked needling me when he'd get one over on Bret or Razor or whatever. He got to be super smug when I admitted Shawn was brill too. He always went on about the Ballet Dancer from World of Sport, and how good that was at winding the crowd up so I think he saw big gay HBK as a modern contemporary.

That post with sincere dedication to his arse and nowt else is probably the new number one all time "Please don't let my work colleagues see me on this page" post ever. Shits got real.

Archived