Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

"Razor comes out to a nice pop and gets a golden shower". Every time

Pick of the bunch is the OSW lads though, really enjoy them. They're starting a new timeline in the new year, interested to see what they end up doing.

Best but I ever heard was one trying to explain the rules of the royal rumble (think it's the RR92 episode) and Mr OOC in his deadpan voice quips "30 men, every 90 seconds? There'd be thousands of them"

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Found it ironic that Maffew spent a good portion of the episode slaughtering Lawler for his shite, unfunny commentary. Hopefully normal service will be resumed in the new year with the 3 lads and we won't hear any more from him. Definitely should stick to his past it Botchamania shows.

• Paid Members

Just given the New Generation podcasts a go following the earlier recommendation. I do enjoy listening to them as its an era that I watched religiously (although no other fucker in my school or most of the western world were) and brings back some memories. One thing that takes a lot away is that none of the presenters seem to have been watching at the time, and most of the angles and wrestlers are completely new to them. Bit odd that tbh.

• Paid Members

Just given the New Generation podcasts a go following the earlier recommendation. I do enjoy listening to them as its an era that I watched religiously (although no other fucker in my school or most of the western world were) and brings back some memories. One thing that takes a lot away is that none of the presenters seem to have been watching at the time, and most of the angles and wrestlers are completely new to them. Bit odd that tbh.

You get that a bit on the OSW reviews. At least one of the guys seems to be a pretty new fan so he's watching stuff from maybe 10-12 years before he got into wrestling. It gives a different perspective but it'd be odd if all the contributors were like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The Talk N Shop podcast on MLWRadio.com is hilariously vile today. Anderson and Gallows are funny as fuck in this episode. With his wife present, Gallows announces that "The day she got married to me, the first day she saw my dick and WrestleKingdom, that's the 3 biggest moments of her life." Fucking brilliant show.

He refutes a few of his usual answers when Jericho offers them to him. And for once it stops jericho making his "everyone watched wcw for me and Eddie etc" claims

• Paid Members

I know this is weeks old now, but there are so many podcasts to listen to that I download a few if the guest sounds interesting. I thought Meltzer on Austin's show would make good listening, but they spend over half of it banging on about UFC which I found very annoying to be honest. 

Only speaking on a personal capacity here as I have no interest in UFC at all. Where has this assumption come from that if you like Wrestling then you automatically like MMA? 

A show featuring one of the top three wrestlers of all time, and the premiere Wrestling newsletter writer, and they waste a huge portion talking about something other than wrestling? Very odd.

The mad thing was that the second part of it was really good and I enjoyed Meltzer talking about Vince's answers to Austin's earlier interview where he was trying to argue that it isn't wrestling any more.