Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members
The 'fun cast' with Marty DeRosa and Cabana was about the most miserable way to have fun possible. A rip-roaring ride through the heads of two mates bigging each other up and brave facing it over what they perceive to be their career highs and lows. Cabana in particular (not for the first time lately) sounds really conflicted about his current standing. One minute, he's got enough money so he doesn't have to push the merch so hard, the next he's dripping in bitterness again that it's never worked out for him in WWE. He doesn't sound like he'll ever kill anybody or owt, but I feel as though he's been headed for a breakdown for a while now. This latest spell of everybody else nicking his podcast audience could be the tipping point.

Surely all he needs to do to win some of the audience back is say to his best mate "Hey Phil, I'm on my arse here. Do us a favour and come on the podcast"?

The 'fun cast' with Marty DeRosa and Cabana was about the most miserable way to have fun possible. A rip-roaring ride through the heads of two mates bigging each other up and brave facing it over what they perceive to be their career highs and lows. Cabana in particular (not for the first time lately) sounds really conflicted about his current standing. One minute, he's got enough money so he doesn't have to push the merch so hard, the next he's dripping in bitterness again that it's never worked out for him in WWE. He doesn't sound like he'll ever kill anybody or owt, but I feel as though he's been headed for a breakdown for a while now. This latest spell of everybody else nicking his podcast audience could be the tipping point.

Surely all he needs to do to win some of the audience back is say to his best mate "Hey Phil, I'm on my arse here. Do us a favour and come on the podcast"?

I don't know if it's possible to charge for podcasts but Punk surely has more than enough money and I have the impression he wouldn't blow what he did have he would have been smart with it...so if he was to do a podcast with Cabana that they advertised a month or so in advance that was just his ''first public opinion and side of story'' over the whole situation and charged 99c a pop for it I would imagine it would make Cabana a decent whack. Wouldn't have to say anything overly controversial or bridge burning either.

• Paid Members
Listened to both parts of the Russo podcast today and god what an annoying bellend. Just felt like it was constant B/S he was speaking, fully agree with the comments of him shouting and slow talking but what pissed me off most was him banging on the table.

Loved the jericho, edge and Heyman podcast and loved the Brock Lesnar part, brocks a guy I'd kill to listen to on austins podcast , hell of a life story and seems like am interesting guy.

Anyone tried goldbergs podcast yet? Is it worth a listen?

half way through the Jericho, Edge and Heyman one. It's a great listen, it sounds like they are genuinely having a great time, all 3 of them cracking up throughout the conversation. When the same guys turn up on different podcasts you tend to hear the same stories but Heyman pulled some dfifferent shit out of the bag during this one.

...and lump me in the minority but i liked the Russo/Austin one. It's very much Russo babbling on but i find the guy interesting to listen too. I've not watched any Russo shoots before so hearing his side of things is all new to me really, is he generally known as a complete bullshitter?

By the sounds of it Punk is considering his own podcast so that'll be yet more competition for Colt. Although that more me speculating on that one break up "I'm gonna survive" tweet.

I'm well up for the Big Tone interview with JR. He's the one voice from that era we really don't hear anything from. Although I guess there's a danger that those two could just rabbit on about American sports.

Christopher Daniels is on AOW this week, he's just appeared on two of Stone Cold's shows though and not sure if I can be arsed with any more. It's mad that Colt isn't even getting first dibs on the indie stars now. (Discounting Daniels' previous show with Colt ofcourse).

• Paid Members
http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/07/the...ver-do-again/2/Tommy Dreamer's part 2 on the Austin podcast is the worst one in a while. Dreamer is obviously a un-self aware muppet. Some of the shite he comes out with is amazing. Heyman really did a number on him. Filling him with delusions of grandeur for years has really screwed up his perspective.

I'm not sure if people are aware, but there's a wrestling podcast on the Grantland Network called Cheap Heat. Anyway the reason I bring it up, as they had a really interesting episode this week about race in wrestling, with Gail Kim, MVP and a writer (who wrote a piece about no black champions in the wwe).

Not sure if the discussion from what is said should go here or it's own topic, but it's a pretty great episode, especially the MVP talk, but also talk about how the Rock never embraced the black side of his heritage. Which I guess is an interesting point in itself, why would it be his prerogative to do so? It felt as though one of the hosts was really hammering the point home that he should have... Anyway, the podcast itself, I can imagine, would annoy people due to the hosts. However I love it as it mainly comes from a fans perspective.

Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!!!!

I'm about half way through JR's podcast with AJ Styles and I don't think AJ has been allowed to get more than one or two sentences out before JR interrupts him and starts going on one of his rambling monologues about what's wrong with the business today.....repeatedly!

I have been a big fan of Jim Ross since his NWA days and beyond but his podcast 'interviewing' style is beginning to grate on me....repeatedly!

Compare that to the moving Ken Shamrock stuff on Steve Austin's show this week. I've been critical of SCSA for interrupting in the past but on this one he just let Shamrock tell his story for the most part. Really good listen.

Edited by SpykeDudlei1