Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Great stuff. Usual mix of "I didn't know that", memory jogs, prophetic stuff from the Meltz, Karl saying "credence."

I want to draw special attention to the Buff love. I too fucking adored heel Bagwell. You probably wouldn't agree that Vicious & Delicious were decent in that Bagwell's entertaining smugness covered for Norton being beige in the personality department and the latter being a brick shithouse to decimate scrubs in preparation for the inevitable Blockbuster.... yeah, I liked them together.

But yeah, Buff was a fantastic odious little shit. If they hadn't have thought Hennig was the way to go, I would not have been against Buff being the nWo's top midcard heel and winning the U.S. title to transition it onto Page.

The 605 podcast is really good for fans who like scattered old school discussion. Lots of talk about lesser known stuff from back in the day in detail and more light shed on stuff that's already out there.

This is a great show, tons of chat about territory stuff like Koko beating the shit out of a jobber on Memphis '85 TV for seemingly no reason.

I don't usually listen to Colt Cabanas show but his interview with Missy Hyatt is great fun, she comes across as a pretty cool lass but I'd never have guessed she was into that war reenactment malarky.

Will check this out. Reading some columns by her over the years she seems to have a great mind for booking. I don't know if she was always interested in it, or just being married to Eddie Gilbert with Paul Heyman often around just does that to you.

Great stuff. Usual mix of "I didn't know that", memory jogs, prophetic stuff from the Meltz, Karl saying "credence."

I want to draw special attention to the Buff love. I too fucking adored heel Bagwell. You probably wouldn't agree that Vicious & Delicious were decent in that Bagwell's entertaining smugness covered for Norton being beige in the personality department and the latter being a brick shithouse to decimate scrubs in preparation for the inevitable Blockbuster.... yeah, I liked them together.

But yeah, Buff was a fantastic odious little shit. If they hadn't have thought Hennig was the way to go, I would not have been against Buff being the nWo's top midcard heel and winning the U.S. title to transition it onto Page.

Thanks very much dude. And you can set your watch Old Man Jones' credence.

Buff is such a weird one. My memory of him being utterly putrid for years completely clouded my judgment on him (as it would), but going through the shows for the timeline, I kept catching myself before his stuff thinking "I remember really liking this at the time, bet I'll feel like a bellend in ten minutes", and yet I would still enjoy it. In some cases, even more. Dare I say, if 1997 Buff Bagwell were around today, he'd probably do fairly well for himself. It really is quite appalling that they prioritised fucking Crush over him before the broken neck.

Liam - any plans to do another Good, Bad and Ugly show? I've just listened to the year 2000 Pod and it was a belter. If there is, pick something from the last ten years.

Cool, thanks dude - the GBU format kinda fell by the wayside as the timeline format gained traction, but we've batted around doing another one recently, will talk to the lads tomorrow when we record Room 101 and see if we can settle on a year. We've had some requests to do a "Fixing ____" style show for 2006, but that would be a real story of highs and lows.

• Paid Members

Really enjoying the wrestling histories with Fin Martin podcasts.  Martin obviously puts in a lot of research for these, and Alex Shane's contributions are thankfully mostly kept to a minimum 

Edited by bbabba

• Paid Members

Frankie Kazarian is the latest guest on The Jasta Show. Might be worth a listen if you have a spare hour or so

weird guest for Jasta, i know he loved his MMA but i didn't think he had any interest in pro wrestling, i'll give it a listen.

• Paid Members

Where do I download the Fin Martin podcast?

Thanks

As far as I can tell the only way to download is from i-tunes (for free), though it's not entirely obvious from here which are the Fin Martin shows and which are other WrestleTalk shows:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/wrestletalk/id1086452023?mt=2

You can also stream from:

-  Youtube = 

(this is the most recent episode I think, not sure if they have a playlist)

-  Soundcloud = https://soundcloud.com/user-807479608/sets

Ive listened to both the Austin/Russo episodes and youd be dead after about 10 minutes if you took a shot every time Russo says bro.

He was also driving me nuts with the amount of times he said Austin's first name..."Steve. The thing about it is, Steve, lettme tell ya bro, Steve..."