Bonfire Night

Richie Freebird

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate bonfire night. I hate the concept of it (burning an effigy of a guy who was already hung drawn and quartered......let him rest in peace you sick fucks....he was already tortured to death and mutilated), hate the loud noises, hate the fact that it's the one night of the year that chavs get there grubby hands on explosives and act like twats, add to this the fact that fireworks just bore the shit out of me, so much so that I can't even bring myself to look up at the sky when they are going off.

I sat home with my cat (who was nervous as hell), some hot chocolate and ate a handful of valium and passed out into a coma like sleep while playing WWE 13.......woke up with my xbox still on churning out wrestlers entrance music at about 6 am. Turned it off and passed out again.

I love Fireworks. I love the bright colours and the booming noise that they make. I go to an organised display which is put on by the local rugby club for the reason my

• Paid Members

You sound almost happy about that fact, Richie. It's only because the Groucho Marx quote of refusing to be a member of a club that would have him as a member confuses him too much.

Well i won a box of fireworks on a bonus ball round the doors spent bout 5 quid on sparklers had food on the go and soup. My kids loved it i enjoyed it then we went to the display over the road which had some big fireworks. then the kids went to bed and even thou there was fireworks going off till past midnight didnt wake up but then my kids are heavy sleepers.

There's absolutely fuck all put on where I live, normally I'd take my son to Heaton Park and we'd spend the night (And most of my money.) there watching the displays but the car is fucked so we couldn't go far.

Instead I bought a few boxes of fireworks, some rockets, sparklers and one giant 'shooter' and made the best of it. The shite stuff like fountains and sparklers were set off in the back garden (To which the next door neighbour turned off their lights to watch, cheapskates.) and we had a near miss when one of the fireworks fuse burnt wrongly and wrecked the packaging on the side which made it shoot in our direction. I just bear-hugged the little one and put my back towards it, luckily it didn't go anywhere near us.

The rest were set off over on the field where I used to walk the dog, a little distance away from where some teenagers had built a small bonfire. They came over and watched our small display and I even got a few thanks for it too. Aside from the rocket sticks which will have landed in the marsh/wet grass I cleaned up the mess I made and went in.

It was ok for what it was but the pricing and quality of fireworks this year were very poor. The supermarkets stock, especially. Luckily we know a Engineer/Studio FX'er so I got mine a bit cheaper.

'Bommy Night' sounds a bit queer.

• Paid Members

Took a train to Manchester, watched TV over a pizza, smoked on the balcony watching fireworks from an organized do a way away that we could still easily see. Not entirely sure where this do was, rough direction of Salford Quays. Used to go to Platt Fields every year with the ex, but since we split up I havent bothered making a big deal of it, mostly because none of my mates make a big deal of it.

Archived