Bonfire Night

Richie Freebird

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sat at home watching the football then bed. However there was a bunch of arseholes right outside my front door, none of whom live anywhere near my house, setting fireworks right outside my house. There's a strip of grass in the middle of the street and they decided that would be the best place to have their display. I'm not a killjoy or anything but if I showed up right outside their door and set off fireworks that close, I'm sure they'd be annoyed. I worked in the local shop for nigh on a decade so I recognise close to everyone in the entire neighbourhood and these people obviously came from outside my area for whatever reason.

I don't see the point in Bonfire night, fireworks are shit.

• Paid Members

I spent most of the evening tutting, peering out of the window and uttering a selection of "Cunts", "Fuck sake", "This better not go on all night", "Listen to that fucking racket" and "I can hear it over the shower"I have no issue with organised displays, but under no circumstances should fireworks be sold to the public.

• Moderators

I spent most of the evening tutting, peering out of the window and uttering a selection of "Cunts", "Fuck sake", "This better not go on all night", "Listen to that fucking racket" and "I can hear it over the shower"I have no issue with organised displays, but under no circumstances should fireworks be sold to the public.

A man after my own heart right there.

• Moderators

Sounds like you had s fun evening Richie. I don't have a child, and neither do any of my friend or family who live nearby, so I didn't do fireworks.Anyway, shame no one tried to blow up parliament. Maybe next year.P.S. Despite your caveat addressing this, I feel I should still point out that Bommy Night is a stupid name and makes you sound (even more) like a yokel.

• Paid Members
I spent most of the evening tutting, peering out of the window and uttering a selection of "Cunts", "Fuck sake", "This better not go on all night", "Listen to that fucking racket" and "I can hear it over the shower"

:laugh: That's outstanding.

• Paid Members
I spent most of the evening tutting, peering out of the window and uttering a selection of "Cunts", "Fuck sake", "This better not go on all night", "Listen to that fucking racket" and "I can hear it over the shower"

I have no issue with organised displays, but under no circumstances should fireworks be sold to the public.

I couldn't agree with this more. Dangerous, annoying and they also look shit.

• Moderators

They're only dangerous if you're a total moron. You're not a moron, are you?

I used to love it when my dad would set up a big display in the garden for diwali when we were kids.. And when I lived in countries where bangers were really available I had loads of fun with them, too. We still all got all our fingers and faces.

• Paid Members
They're only dangerous if you're a total moron. You're not a moron, are you?

I know that wasnt aimed at me, but with my pedant had firmly on you dont have to be a moron to be on the recieving end of the behaviour of actual morons.

That's where i have the issue, people who think they aint doin no 'arm fucking well could do, even with the best intentions.

• Paid Members
but on the whole, bonfires and fireworks seem to have almost died a complete death in recent years.

Not around here they haven't. Little cunts in our street were still setting fires and letting fireworks off gone midnight. We had a fire engine parked outside until about 1am because they'd set fire to this old couple's wheelie bin.

Same little fuckers are letting fireworks off as I type this. In broad daylight. Why? Talk about a waste of JSA. And oxygen.

Archived