Bonfire Night

Richie Freebird

Couldn't resist, after his nonsense in the TNA threads.....

We went up to local park, along with the other 1000 or so who live in this wee village. Decent display, about 15 mins of continuous explosions. The last couple were seriously meaty. Like claymores going off.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As a Catholic in Northern Ireland we don't do much but I hate the way firework season always scares the absolute shit out of my dog, takes awhile too get her calmed down after they go off and every single one sends her mad.

Protestants do celebrate it more than you'd think they generally love all things/occasions British and celebrate them as enthusiastically as any other Brit. You'd love it over here Richie they have like 5 things that they celebrate with fireworks and burning things throughout the year.

Cool, cheers for that. Yeah, I probably would enjoy it over there. I

• Paid Members

Stop being the bloody forum referee, Richie. dangerously has said he doesn't need to post here any more and yet still does and is therefore fair game for the widespread mockery he gets.

I know you're eager to be everyone's friend on here but come on.

I was working till 8, so I didn't do anything.for it. I had to catch my bus home from tha Barras, right next to Glasgow Green where they have the big "official" display, so it was an utter nightmare getting home.

Ever since I got my dog a few years ago, I've kind of turned sour on fireworks, because he is bloody terrified every year and it's quite upsetting seeing how distressed he gets. That said, I wouldn't ban fireworks purely because when you're a kid, Fireworks Night is BRILLIANT. They're never going to get watch a moon landing or know the joy of a video shop as it is, so taking away Fireworks Nigfht and the pure unadulterated joy of going round houses collecting wood and finding out the guy at number 6 has just had a kitchen fitted and needs to get of the conveniently wooden old one pronto, is just rotten.

• Paid Members
Stop being the bloody forum referee, Richie. dangerously has said he doesn't need to post here any more and yet still does and is therefore fair game for the widespread mockery he gets.

I know you're eager to be everyone's friend on here but come on.

That, plus it wouldnt be a Tommy post without some reference either to his financial standing, or the good work his money has gone on to do.

I'm sure the rugby club will be able to mark out a touchline with the tub of field paint he's bankrolled.

• 11 months later...

I'm working this evening and dreading it, because I'll be patrolling an industrial estate and a lot of fireworks tend to set off the alarms on the buildings. Never mind the fact there's going to be a lot of people who think they can park around there to go the fireworks display at a nearby rugby club. I'd much rather be sat in my shack drinking cups of tea for 8 hours than having to keep patrolling the site in the pissing rain.

Archived