The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members
07_NAO_SkySports_04232013cm_0204.jpg

I love the Outlaws. Look how dead serious the presenters are, you can tell the bloke's thinking 'Sky Sports News is serious business' and Billy's thinking 'Fuck you'.

While I'm here (sorry if some of these have been posted already);

RonSimmons.jpg

Bad News Allen/Brown

AC2_main.jpg293_106764_050.jpg

williams2.jpg

tumblr_lqg4yxE0vX1qgudl3o1_500.jpg

photo808.jpg

12.jpg

l_714733bb.jpg

• Paid Members
You're prob right. Seen loadsa shows there and have been bevvied at a lot of them. Come to think of it, it was prob a one on one mat h which taker lost by dq.

Lesnar won by pinfall after smashing Taker with a chair after a ref bump.

This was my first WWF house show & it was great. The 3 matches that I always rememebr from that show were Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon (pre-interval main event), Crush vs Randy Savage (main event) and for some reason Diesel vs Virgil (Diesel as the heel was MASSIVELY over with the crowd who just wanted to see him destroy Virgil like the jobber he was).

bitsbobs3.jpg

This was my first WWF house show & it was great. The 3 matches that I always rememebr from that show were Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon (pre-interval main event), Crush vs Randy Savage (main event) and for some reason Diesel vs Virgil (Diesel as the heel was MASSIVELY over with the crowd who just wanted to see him destroy Virgil like the jobber he was).

bitsbobs3.jpg

I remember that poster well. I saw a huge version of it in Candleriggs in Glasgow when I was getting tickets for the show on 27 March.

I think you have your tours mixed up as aside from Diesel the talent you mentioned worked the German shows or weren't there at all (ie Virgil).

Perhaps it was the pre WrestleMania tour you attended?

bitsbobs3.jpg

I remember that poster well. I saw a huge version of it in Candleriggs in Glasgow when I was getting tickets for the show on 27 March.

I think you have your tours mixed up as aside from Diesel the talent you mentioned worked the German shows or weren't there at all (ie Virgil).

Perhaps it was the pre WrestleMania tour you attended?

I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one. I remember now there was a rematch from Mania 10 (that happened 9 days earlier) between Earthquake & Adam Bomb and I commented at the time that it lasted a darn sight longer than the one they had at MSG. :laugh:

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one. I remember now there was a rematch from Mania 10 (that happened 9 days earlier) between Earthquake & Adam Bomb and I commented at the time that it lasted a darn sight longer than the one they had at MSG. :laugh:

Sorry, you're wrong. Seeing those matches means you went to the card at the Albert on March 12th 8 days before Mania X, and that the laughing you are remembering must be watching Mania and commenting then that you'd seen the longer version.

The card on the 29th featured the same crew that Ant remembers, that I saw in Telford on Friday 25th, albeit slightly rearranged card :

Bret VS Owen, Quebecers VS MOM (infamous match where MOM accidentally won the belts), Tatanka VS Diesel, Earthquake VS Bam Bam, IRS VS Doink, Double J VS Koko, Kid VS Kwang.

Sorry, you're wrong. Seeing those matches means you went to the card at the Albert on March 12th 8 days before Mania X, and that the laughing you are remembering must be watching Mania and commenting then that you'd seen the longer version.

The card on the 29th featured the same crew that Ant remembers, that I saw in Telford on Friday 25th, albeit slightly rearranged card :

Bret VS Owen, Quebecers VS MOM (infamous match where MOM accidentally won the belts), Tatanka VS Diesel, Earthquake VS Bam Bam, IRS VS Doink, Double J VS Koko, Kid VS Kwang.

I saw the exact same card as you, only in Glasgow.

And without the tag title switch! How did that happen? Clean finish or some kind of injury/balls up?

• Paid Members
I saw the exact same card as you, only in Glasgow.

And without the tag title switch! How did that happen? Clean finish or some kind of injury/balls up?

Nah, you didn't. You saw the same card as London which I didn't attend. I had Kwang/Koko, Diesel/Kid, Earthquake/IRS, Tatanka/Bam Bam and Jarrett/Doink in addition to the title matches. While I think Earthquake/Bam Bam might have been preferable to IRS' interminable chinlock, I'm very pleased I didn't have to see Kid losing to fucking Kwang.

The finish was that Mabel dropped on Pierre, Jacques was either incapable of breaking it up or forgot, Pierre couldnt get his shoulder up from under Mabel's mass, and the ref counted the three in panic, from what I've heard.

They switched the belts back two nights later in Sheffield. I only assume MOM retained the night in between because the WWF didn't think Peterborough was glamourous enough to get a title change. The cheek.