Halloween

CuckedByMenry

• Paid Members

Does anyone have any plans for this arguably Marmite time of the year? Do you like to go out and make the most of it, stay indoors and watch a few horror films or just close the curtains and pretend you're not home?

Having not done anything for it in two years, I'm hoping to drag myself out to a local Halloween gig. Ideally I'd like to dress up, but apparently a similar gig last year saw just a fraction of a mediocre turnout making the effort. Even though some of my friends have said that they're doing the costume thing, there's still the slight concern of looking like Delboy and Rodney at a wake. Halloween-lite history of the gig aside, I can't think of anything to go as that hasn't been or won't be overdone. The only things I keep thinking of are Jason Voorhees (a decent one) and Bane. I'd really love to do the former, being a massive Friday The 13th fan, but I imagine the same idea will be had by some last minute, half-arsed party shop bandit.

It's my dad's 60th birthday that night, but we are saving the party for him till the following weekend. In college most of the day so will most likely chill out and watch a couple of horror films, been contemplating doing a full series like I did for Friday the 13th a couple of years ago but outside of that and NOES I don't have many other full franchises. Been looking round for cheap copies of Child's Play 1-3 as I have Bride of and Seed of Chucky already

I'm normally working in nightclubs on Halloween. Have done pretty much since I left college. I've been free the past two halloweens and one year I went out, which was an absolute nightmare as my mate had a bit of an emergency and left without saying. My change of clothes, house keys and everything I needed to get home was in his car. Dressed as Andy Pandy also made me feel like a right tit trying to sort that mess out.

I too have fallen into the 'Delboy/Rodney at a wake' trap, but if its on the Halloween weekend itself you don't feel as much of a knob.

Last year I stayed at home and just ignored the door. Which thankfully wasn't that busy. However there's rampant rumours about a nutter in my area trying to snatch kids in a white van, so I'm pretty positive there won't be many people going door to door this year.

I could go out, I'm free and I know some of my mates will get dressed up like a tit and go out, but I don't know if I can be bothered with all the hassle to be fair. Plus I like to have a good costume, not some last minute rush thing from the joke shop the day beforehand. So if I am going out, I'd need to get looking online and order in asap.

• Paid Members
I just stay in, don't answer the door, and keep a lookout for scrotes sticking condoms / dog shit / fireworks through the letter box.

Good plan!

Halloween night is "War Night" here. I made the mistake of opening the door a few years ago, forgot it was Halloween, didn't have anything to give them, and my windows were tanned with eggs for the next three Halloweens.

Tip is, DO NOT ANSWER YOUR DOOR. Door is staying firmly locked.

I've never lived anywhere where door to door Halloweenery actually happens... I feel like I'm missing out.

yeah same here :( i thought it really was just an American thing and nobody else really seemed to bother...but i've always lived in the countryside so never known of any trick or treating or whatever!

I always, always watch this, just been a tradition since I was a young lad and maybe a horror movie if I can fit any in! I hate going out on Halloween, went out once and it was just a bit shit. However Im having a party/send off for myself at my house on Halloween night as Im off travelling days later so it'll be a good chance to say goodbye to all my friends and stuff like that!

Long story, on halloween about 7 years ago one of our in house guinea pigs had kidney failure and my mum was pulled over by police for having an old car. Basically it was a right shitter and my mum was pretty much traumatised by it. So we ignored halloween for about two years, with young kids in our road wasn't the nicest thing but we just remembered it as that shite day.

We then decided it wasn't right and me and my friends use to trick or treat so we got in a load of cheap arse sweets. I've never had a single child knock on our door in about 5 years now. So I spend halloween watching tv eating cheap arse sweets.

I like to contribute to the "horror" theme of Halloween by parking a white transit van outside my house a few days before, with the back doors left open, and visible inside a coil of rope, some blankets, a shovel, a bottle of ether and a large tub of vaseline.

Sadly though, on the actual night nobody comes round to collect their chocolates :(

Archived