Halloween

CuckedByMenry

I like to contribute to the "horror" theme of Halloween by parking a white transit van outside my house a few days before, with the back doors left open, and visible inside a coil of rope, some blankets, a shovel, a bottle of ether and a large tub of vaseline.

Sadly though, on the actual night nobody comes round to collect their chocolates :(

Most likely due to the fact you're not allowed within 50 metres of a school.

• Paid Members

had a couple of quality Halloween house parties a couple of years back at a mates but we knocked them on the head due to house damage (fire, broken tv, damaged carpet). Until that i always made the point of watching a horror movie and chill out, Halloween can be fun though. Was hoping to go see Alice Cooper a couple of days before for his Halloween tour but i dunno if i can an afford it.

I like to contribute to the "horror" theme of Halloween by parking a white transit van outside my house a few days before, with the back doors left open, and visible inside a coil of rope, some blankets, a shovel, a bottle of ether and a large tub of vaseline.

Sadly though, on the actual night nobody comes round to collect their chocolates :(

Where do you get your ether? Could do with some of that shit.

Was thinking about this the other day, we've got a 6 month old baby who is usually asleep by 7pm. We've also just moved into an old Victorian style house with the original doorbell (no battery to remove) located about 12 feet up the wall in the hallway. What's the best way to make sure no one rings the doorbell that night? Would a note on the front door do or is that likely to encourage a load of "ding dong dashes"?

Hang on, why was your Mum pulled over for having an old car?

I don't know. But the reason they pulled her over was because they thought it might not be road worthy as it's so old. It was just a Mazda 323, so I don't really know why they did but that was the reason the cop said.

Was thinking about this the other day, we've got a 6 month old baby who is usually asleep by 7pm. We've also just moved into an old Victorian style house with the original doorbell (no battery to remove) located about 12 feet up the wall in the hallway. What's the best way to make sure no one rings the doorbell that night? Would a note on the front door do or is that likely to encourage a load of "ding dong dashes"?

Is the button made of metal? Get it connected up to the power supply out of your plug sockets. That will stop the little twats ringing it.

My friend once

• Paid Members

I wouldn't go out of my way to celebrate it but always make sure we are stocked with sweets for any kids who are trick or treating. At work a colleague has suggested a pumpkin carving competition - never carved one in my life so hoping I'll still have all ten fingers by the end of it.

• Paid Members

I'm in the middle with Halloween. I used to it when I stayed at my old house because older kids would use it as an excuse to go door to door begging for money. In their regular clothes. From September until around November when they'd start "Carol Singing" instead.

I live in a much much better area now so it's nowhere near as bad. It's very hard to get pissed off with it when the kids coming to the door are really young and clearly loving the whole thing.

Don't know what I'm doing this year. Going to a Fancy Dress Party on the 27th but that's about it.

I haven't bothered with Halloween since I was young, and as I now live in a top floor tenement with an external security door I'm confident I won't have anyone at my door this year. The weekend nearest to it the last few years has coincided with a football cup match as well, which normally provides me with a good excuse for not going out. Unfortunately, my work have had the great/awful idea to have people dress up this year so I've got the choice between making the effort or being awkward.

Can you tell I'm a lazy sod who just can't be bothered with the hassle??

Archived