Impact Wrestling Discussion and Spoilers 28/9/12

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It was a bit of comical show to be honest. It went all 24 a bit. Hogan and Sting got kidnapped and shoved into a van. We saw Hogan and Sting tied to a chair, and ERIC BISCHOFF (because it was definitely his voice) was in a mask with his chair turned around talking into a voice scrambler. They set up a match with Sting and Hogan's "two guys" (which will HAVE to be Hogan and Sting) vs two of "our guys", whoever they are for Bound For Glory. Joseph Park was lying on a slab with various tools next to his head.

ad3a86212541139.jpg 85ab22212541140.jpg 700448212541144.jpg f761de212541146.jpg

It was a bit over the top for me all this. I hope Hogan and Sting are the two wrestling this biker gang. Sting's definitely one of them, because he said so. Hogan kept quiet, so you would think they are leaving that till next week. I'm still into it as long as Hogan and Sting are tied to it. The stipulation is that if Aces and Eights win they (Bischoff) runs the show. Which means they'll probably be going over.

Also, Samoa Joe won the TV title and King Mo was announced as the enforcer in the Roode vs Storm match. The opener and the main event was pretty good as well. Last years build was much better than this.

It's actually 2 weeks until the go-home show so the build might be a bit better with another week. I hope so anyway, because it's a bit crap so far. There was nothing new with Aries/Hardy this week, and I'm dying for something to happen because it's Aries' most boring feud in his TNA tenure thus far. That might be down to Hardy and his stupid green facepaint though, he's such a mug.

All that was missing from the Aces & Eights stuff with Stogan was canned laughter. It was brilliantly horrible, and actually quite hard to not enjoy. It's too obvious that Bischoff is in charge. I really can't be bothered with another TNA power struggle storyline, they seem to have at least one a year.

Gut Check is fucking daft as well. I know that not everyone can win, but it's such a waste of time when people lose every week and it just gets forgotten about. It doesn't help that most of them are shit as well.

This post is overly negative though, there was a fair bit of good stuff. Samoa Joe as the TV Champion is great, and his inevitable match with Magnus at Bound For Glory should be really good.

• Paid Members

Yeah same here. I enjoyed the show for the most part, but there seems to be a lot of momentum lost from the Aces and Eights thing from when they first showed up. One thing about it though, we've now got a clear idea what they are up to, and why they are doing it and who the leader probably is which is a massive step in the right direction. D'Lo's fucked off as well, so it looks like he was just a fat lad making up the numbers. Hopefully "two of their best" that the leader spoke about isn't Gallows or Brisco and indeed two of their best. My big concern is when they do take their masks off everyone goes "who the fuck is that?" Hogan and Sting vs Jarrett and Steiner would be a fine match, if Steiner has calmed down a bit. You need some big names involved in the Aces and Eights side.

It was a bit of comical show to be honest. It went all 24 a bit. Hogan and Sting got kidnapped and shoved into a van. We saw Hogan and Sting tied to a chair, and ERIC BISCHOFF (because it was definitely his voice) was in a mask with his chair turned around talking into a voice scrambler. They set up a match with Sting and Hogan's "two guys" (which will HAVE to be Hogan and Sting)....

I read online that it can't be Sting or Hogan, because they want them to watch from the side lines? Again I only read online results so cant be certain.

If its two outside of Hogan / Sting, surely it has to be RVD & Bully Ray maybe?

Yeah, definitely. I also agree that is has to be Jarrett and Bischoff behind the gang, and Jarrett has to be one of the 2 wrestlers. I'd make the other one whoever they most want to push from the new recruits, so Butch's suggestion sounds good.

I'd love it to be Steiner, and I'd love all that shit on Twitter earlier this year to have been a work, but sadly I think Steiner's just a nutter.

Impact was just okfor me this week, good main event. Although im unsure why they're turning Aries. Mr Anderson can fuck off. Joes TV title was the old world title which was stupid, why have a title match if the title isn't even there. (guessing Devon hasnt returned the title yet).

I also enjoy how refs stupidly lift the injured arm of the winner. Hardy didn't look too happy.

Im guessing Ray/Sting vs A&8s with Ray turning in the match. Bischoff/Jerrett/Ray alliance sounds good to me.

Hogan won't be in the actual match. He's got to watch from the side, surley the story of match goes something like Aces and Eights brutally destroy everything in sight there about to win then Hogan comes in and saves the day or something predictable like that. There's no way this ends without a Hogan blowoff, that would be suicide.

• Paid Members

I agree there is nothing on the show that has anything that feels like a big time match/feud, but there is still time for that.

Hogan was amazing on this episode, he had me chuckling away like Tony Atlas. I personally like the way the angle has went with Aces & Eights, it feels like an 80s action film - just a shame they spent weeks fannying about doing nowt new. Given how distinct Bischoff's voice/delivery is, I'm surprised Tango & Cash didn't twig, the silly buggers. Sadly, I can see Abyss being involved in the match at BFG too.

This Aries/Hardy feud is rotten, I really like both men but there is no real conflict, and the tiny bit conflict they are trying to force isn't interesting. This feud needs Bully Ray, IMO.

• Paid Members

Yeah they made it pretty clear Hogan wasn't to be in the match which is pretty stupid, teasing Hogan and Sting being the 2 guys, then instead we're getting something else. I'm sure Hogan will get physically involved either way, but you'd want him in the match ideally...

BFG, based on that and the build of Aries/Jeff is not looking very good at all.

Reading this thread and watching Impact this week if it is indeed Eric Bischoff who is the leader of Aces and Eights I can understand logic wise he would be behind it after being chucked out of TNA so unceremoniously into a porta loo. It just does make me feel how serious could you take Eric Bischoff being the leader of a biker gang? Sure Eric was part of the NWO but that was a slick cool faction in the mid 90's. Today's Eric Bischoff being the leader screams naffness.

• Paid Members

I think Bischoff's going to be this kind of character in TNA when he comes back. The old biker gang big wig. Bischoff's a great onscreen performer so he'd be fine in the role.

425.sonsofanarchy.perlman.ron.lc.072909.jpg545972_10150740368876026_1945205009_n.jpg

You know, if they didn't jump the gun a few years ago with it, this would have been the perfect role for Hogan as a heel. He's always had that biker persona, it would have been a big reveal if they'd he hadn't already just turned babyface. If he turned now it would end with everyone rolling their eyes at TNA doing the same storyline again, but if he hadnt already turned he'd have been the ideal candidate for this. Hogan as the old biker gang leader would have been a nice change of his character. Could have even brought the Hulk Power Helmet back.

Looking at how the cards are currently stacked, you could see Hogan costing Sting the match against a returning Jeff Jarrett and handing it back over to Bischoff, Abyss being in on it since he was used as bait to put the control of the company up and Bully Ray helping Jeff Hardy to win the World title and all of Immortal might get back together. Doubt it, but all the pieces are a bit similar. If they are really stuck for an ending to this, knowing TNA they probably would do something like that. Hopefully we get a good reveal, though, because its not doing much for me at the minute. Shame because it looked pretty hot initially.

With Bischoff most likely being the "Clay Morrow" of the biker gang it kind of makes you wonder who the "Jax Teller" of the group will be. You know, the one guy who eventually starts to question the evil ways of the brotherhood and either gets kicked out because of that or leaves on his own, thus setting him up for a big babyface run.

Archived