Bye Bye Silvervision

ItsClobberingTime

• Paid Members

I've not used Silvervision in years, but when I was a kid and I was just discovering wrestling, the VHS' they released were a massive part of not only me becoming a fan, but growing up.

Going to town and coming back with a VHS of Wrestlemania 14 or Judgement Day 2000 and watching them for the first time without knowing anything about them or even some of the roster on them was fantastic. Sad to see them go.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any truth to what I posted previously?

Quick bit of news,

So I called up on the off chance they had limited copies of Extreme Rules 2012 left and could sub out Over The Limit 2011 for it and I'm happy to say they accommodated me.

When thanking the lady and saying how it was a shame they no longer could sell WWE, I asked if there was any chance of them releasing previous TNA titles and or PPV's even if in the Tagged Classics variety as I feel there is a definite market there as previous TNA titles are terribly put together and mastered.

She then went on to say that they are currently looking into it, so this is great news for those who want a complete TNA PPV run from the beginning.

• Awards Moderator
Being the first to see the release schedule, the masters, organise the Tagged Classics release order and create my own match lists for compilations was a thrill.

I remember you suggested a title and match list commemorating 25 years of WWE Live UK events which unfortunately got shot down. Not exactly a mainstream release but hardcore fans would've loved it. And would've been a rarity on the US market.

Being the first to see the release schedule, the masters, organise the Tagged Classics release order and create my own match lists for compilations was a thrill.

I remember you suggested a title and match list commemorating 25 years of WWE Live UK events which unfortunately got shot down. Not exactly a mainstream release but hardcore fans would've loved it. And would've been a rarity on the US market.

I forgot about that! That was a killer match list! There were a lot of titles shot down by WWE over the years. I remember spending hours trying to sell them a 'WWE Interactive Quiz' DVD when that was massive a few Xmas' back. They didn't understand the concept at all. I even had 'What happened next' with Batista climbing over the cage and stuff like that. They would say stuff like 'right we're doing a Big Show DVD for Italy go and find his 5 best matches for the DVD'. What great afternoon research!

• Paid Members

Like everyone else, I have fond memories of Silvervision. I remember getting those Mega Mail booklets through the door and trying to work out how many videos I could get with my birthday or christmas money.

And I always remember when that DX video came out, with Shawn Michaels on the front, bollock naked with just the WWF title hiding his Showstopper. I got home from school one day and it was on the kitchen table (the video not Shawn's willy). My Dad had opened it, half asleep thinking it was for him. The look on his face clearly read 'can we swap him for a straight son?'

Looks like Silvervision have actually finally gone - their website has now switched over to their new non-WWE related stock.

Thanks for all the great years.

With regards to Fremantle, I've already used them many times now and so far they've been a more than capable replacement.

• Paid Members

Yep that's it gone :( RIP to a fantastic company, I'll always have fond memories of. I actually managed to make one final order last night - Extreme Rules 2012, Greatest Cage Matches, Best Finishers, Ricky Steamboat's DVD, Rebellion 99/Insurrection 2000 tagged classic and The Streak dvd for the princely sum of

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived