Bye Bye Silvervision

ItsClobberingTime

Silvervision are amazing, I'm going to miss buying my WWE dvds there, I actually ordered a big batch of dvds, about ten of them on Thursday night (the 20th), pretty late on as I was working until 9pm and ordered them about an hour or two after I got home and they arrived on Christmas Eve. Considering I had ordered a book from another online shop the week before ordering those dvds (not anywhere like Amazon or ebay where there is a personal seller but an actual online store) and that has still not arrived it really shows how amazing Silvervision are with their delivery. When the doorbell rang for a parcel to sign on Christmas Eve I fully expected it to be the book and when I realised it was the dvds I thought how could I have ever doubted that it would be.

I don't buy too many TNA dvds but if Silvervision do get the contract with them I can see that changing as I'd imagine Silvervision would really help TNA with their UK dvd market and it's just genuinely always been a pleasure to buy anything from them.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TNA and 'Silver Vision's' parent company 'Clear Vision' have a deal. They will likely be released under the Queensway Digital label

This makes me very happy - have all the TNA DVDs released, aside from one or two of the best ofs (and, really, who needs a 3LK best of).

Although I agree that bluray is probably a nonstarter, who wouldn't love a best of BR every year ?

Rumour has it that BFG is due out at the end of next month, but hope that this is followed by the missing Twin Pack.

WWE are probably sick of getting full price for a DVD in the states while us free loading Brits who don't even pay for every PPV get them for

TNA and 'Silver Vision's' parent company 'Clear Vision' have a deal. They will likely be released under the Queensway Digital label

Can I ask where you've read this? A source would be great. It would certainly make me invest more time (and money) on TNA if it's true. A-Merchandise can be a little expensive for me (

Some of the TNA DVD's I've bought in the past have been encoded incorrectly (shoddy NTSC to PAL conversions that result in a choppy, unwatchable picture). Obviously, that's down to the TNA DVD makers, not A-Merch.

For clarity, the convertions have been done by TNA themselves when released in PAL format. It is pretty much the exact issue that Silvervision experienced with the delays to WrestleMania DVDs this year etc, the conversation was done incorrectly in the states and SV choose not to release the incorrectly encoded dvds, hence it was delayed.

Unfortunately, TNA's UK distributor never checked such issues, and the majority of PAL TNA releases suffer the same fate. Amerchandise / Wrestling Store, only ever stocked the PAL version of Twin Pack Vol 6 due to TNA's delay in releasing the Region 0 version. The majority of the first batch that sold on release were returned so no other PAL dvds were ever stocked.

In a rare poor showing from Silvervision I ordered a bunch of DVDs on Boxing Day and they haven't shown up yet. I ordered them late Boxing Day, so didn't expect them until the 28th. But the 28th, 29th have gone. Hopefully they arrive tomorrow, otherwise I won't get them 'til at least Wednesday.

Disappointing, but if I'd ordered them from anywhere else on Boxing Day I wouldn't have expected them so quick - just got used to such quick delivery from them.

It could be the post....it's more likely to be the post. Disappointing nontheless.

Some of the TNA DVD's I've bought in the past have been encoded incorrectly (shoddy NTSC to PAL conversions that result in a choppy, unwatchable picture). Obviously, that's down to the TNA DVD makers, not A-Merch.

For clarity, the convertions have been done by TNA themselves when released in PAL format. It is pretty much the exact issue that Silvervision experienced with the delays to WrestleMania DVDs this year etc, the conversation was done incorrectly in the states and SV choose not to release the incorrectly encoded dvds, hence it was delayed.

Unfortunately, TNA's UK distributor never checked such issues, and the majority of PAL TNA releases suffer the same fate. Amerchandise / Wrestling Store, only ever stocked the PAL version of Twin Pack Vol 6 due to TNA's delay in releasing the Region 0 version. The majority of the first batch that sold on release were returned so no other PAL dvds were ever stocked.

Yes, I should have mentioned. All the DVD's bought from yourselves have been fine with no issues. Some I bought from Play.com were not ...

I had no idea that was the issue with the Silvervision delays earlier this year. Thanks for the info. :-)

Archived