Bye Bye Silvervision

ItsClobberingTime

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a rare poor showing from Silvervision I ordered a bunch of DVDs on Boxing Day and they haven't shown up yet. I ordered them late Boxing Day, so didn't expect them until the 28th. But the 28th, 29th have gone. Hopefully they arrive tomorrow, otherwise I won't get them 'til at least Wednesday.

Disappointing, but if I'd ordered them from anywhere else on Boxing Day I wouldn't have expected them so quick - just got used to such quick delivery from them.

It could be the post....it's more likely to be the post. Disappointing nontheless.

Yeah, i ordered some on Friday (28th), nothing yet, mind you my postie hasn't been in 3 days :rolleyes:

In a rare poor showing from Silvervision I ordered a bunch of DVDs on Boxing Day and they haven't shown up yet. I ordered them late Boxing Day, so didn't expect them until the 28th. But the 28th, 29th have gone. Hopefully they arrive tomorrow, otherwise I won't get them 'til at least Wednesday.

Disappointing, but if I'd ordered them from anywhere else on Boxing Day I wouldn't have expected them so quick - just got used to such quick delivery from them.

It could be the post....it's more likely to be the post. Disappointing nontheless.

Yeah, i ordered some on Friday (28th), nothing yet, mind you my postie hasn't been in 3 days :rolleyes:

None of this is anything to do with SV. They are still sending stuff 1st class - they can't control Royal Mail. I ordered on Thursday and have nothing yet but thought nothing of it - you expect delays at this time of year.

None of this is anything to do with SV. They are still sending stuff 1st class - they can't control Royal Mail. I ordered on Thursday and have nothing yet but thought nothing of it - you expect delays at this time of year.

Definetly mate, my gripe is always with Royal Mail tbh, SV have always been outstanding as you all know.

Still waiting on my WM 28 Bluray which I ordered along with the ECW Bluray and Highest Flyers DVD (which I have received). Customer Services said it would despatched on Dec 28th, but my account still says pending. Will give it a few days into the new year before I contact them again

TNA and 'Silver Vision's' parent company 'Clear Vision' have a deal. They will likely be released under the Queensway Digital label

Can I ask where you've read this? A source would be great. It would certainly make me invest more time (and money) on TNA if it's true. A-Merchandise can be a little expensive for me (

How anyone can complain about deliveries being a few days later than usual this time of year is beyond me.

Fremantle have said that they will be re-releasing all the back catalogue. I can't begin to think how big a job that will be.

20 years of up to four titles (multi-disc) per month that they have to re-author to remove the Silver Vision logo and then re-edit the SV logo out of all packaging and re-print it all. I can't see them getting on top of the back catalogue for a couple of years.

How anyone can complain about deliveries being a few days later than usual this time of year is beyond me.

Fremantle have said that they will be re-releasing all the back catalogue. I can't begin to think how big a job that will be.

20 years of up to four titles (multi-disc) per month that they have to re-author to remove the Silver Vision logo and then re-edit the SV logo out of all packaging and re-print it all. I can't see them getting on top of the back catalogue for a couple of years.

I'd imagine them getting wwe's master copies, not silver visions hand me downs.

100% agree with your first comment.

Freemantle are not re-releasing the entire back catalog, however. They are releasing 80 titles from the back catalog.

I'd imagine them getting wwe's master copies, not silver visions hand me downs.

Getting WWE's masters is an even bigger job. All WWE have are the PAL master tapes, not the encoded videos ready for DVD release. So it will all have to be re-encoded.

No one's complaining. I was saying because you've come to expect such a good service from SV that you would even think about it. If you order from anywhere else you wouldn't expect things so quick, especially this time of year.

Archived