Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I love going back and revisiting the Gimmick Battle Royal from Mania 17 just because it's one of the last times we got to see Bobby at full health, and you can tell he's having so much fun at what he and Gene refer to as their "homecoming". 

"By the time the Iron Sheik gets to the ring it'll be Wrestlemania 38." Brilliant stuff. 

Edited by Jizzlobber

Love the Brain, great to see he's still out and about with the boys.

A few thoughts on the main event of WrestleMania 14...

Firstly, it might be the most underrated of the lot, due to the whole "how good would it have been if Michaels wasn't hurt" thing.

And secondly, if things had panned out differently and Austin ended up taking the title from Bret that night... surely that would've made theirs the best feud ever. It might still be anyway, but what a perfect final chapter that would have been .

Love the Brain, great to see he's still out and about with the boys.

A few thoughts on the main event of WrestleMania 14...

Firstly, it might be the most underrated of the lot, due to the whole "how good would it have been if Michaels wasn't hurt" thing.

And secondly, if things had panned out differently and Austin ended up taking the title from Bret that night... surely that would've made theirs the best feud ever. It might still be anyway, but what a perfect final chapter that would have been .

Weirdly enough, I watched that very same event earlier today. One of my favorite things to watch and aside from all the stuff that is usually mentioned (the main event, Undertaker's entrance, Tyson etc) I forget how much fun the mixed tag match was. Jesus Christ Sable was over, I think she got more or less the biggest pop of the night when she TKO'd Luna.

• Paid Members

Its more to do with Austin being hurt than Michaels. Michaels was a superman anyway. Bad back or not, he still went for it. Austin had that compressed neck from the piledriver at the time and hadnt really bumped since he returned. From SummerSlam 97 to SummerSlam 98 all of Austin's matches were either gimmick matches or super short with Austin barely taking a bump. WrestleMania 14 was the first match he couldnt get away with a million short cuts.

What's funny is, when I was young, I couldnt tell really. They did a great job in highlighting all of Austin's good points.

• Paid Members

Its not banned, but "on hold" until the concussion lawsuit they are facing is out of the way. Its one of those "better safe than sorry" jobs. I imagine they'll bring it back as one of those moves that put people out for a long time if they do bring it back. Like Randy Orton's Punt used to (I do think the Punt is banned, though).

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

WRESTLING MIDI FILES! RELIVE 1999 ALL OVER AGAIN!

http://snowman31.tripod.com/

The rendition of Real American on there has to be heard to be believed. The Benoit one is pretty badarse though, truth be told. As is the Lex Luger one.

MOAR (WITH GIFS OF FIREBALLS!) - http://tengukun.tripod.com/wcw/wcwmidi.html

Dangerous Alliance and Hardcore Hak are the standouts there.

THIS IS EXTREME - The music of ECW on a shitty keyboard - http://tengukun.tripod.com/ecw/ecwmidi.html

LAST BUT NOT LEAST - A veritable feast of WWF audio gold - http://tengukun.tripod.com/wwf/wwfmidi.html (This one is well the best - http://tengukun.tripod.com/wwf/bossman.mid)

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Anyone else dislike that Mike Tyson seemingly fast counts Austin's first title win at Mania 14? Doesn't take the shine off and had no lasting effect on what he went on to do and achieve, but every time I see it, it bothers me. I wonder if Austin was pissed about it at the time.

I'll just put it down to Tyson being a little nervous.

• Paid Members

Maybe it was, I never thought of it that way. Shawn was never getting up from that Stunner, so it would seems a really bogus way of crowning your new champ and biggest name in the business. 

• Paid Members

I hated it and assumed it was a fuck up. Steve Austin stepping up and beating Shawn Michaels no questions asked was 100% what needed to happen. If it wasn't a fuck up, it was a terrible booking decision. I've tried to never dwell on it because I've always thought it was a fuck up.

• Paid Members

If it was meant to be a screw job, Michaels wouldnt have stayed down for ages. Michaels sold it like he was flat out from the move. Tyson did nothing with subtly and calmness during his WWF run. He was always overexcited and couldnt sit still. I've always thought he got in and just slapped the mat like an overexcited nutcase.