Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Id love to be one of these dudes who have a hard time sorting fake from reality with the arl wrestling.

My dad is a total mark for Total Divas (the pervy bastard) and constantly asks if Bryan and Bella are REALLY married.

My girlfriend loves it. She thinks every bit of it is 100% real and keeps asking "why are they saying that in front of cameras? Isn't Nattie worried her boyfriend will see this?"

On the plus side she has now officially decided she prefers women without boob jobs, which means I don't have to pay for her to have a boob job

Paddy Power have Cena at 7/2 to win on Sunday. Surely worth a tenner?

How often do they stick to the rule where having the upper hand on the go-home means you're losing at the pay per view? If Cena was winning Sunday, I think Brock would have been the one standing tall after their Raw encounter. But I don't know if they go by that anymore, or even if they ever did. Maybe it was all Internet bollocks.

Edited by King Pitcos

How often do they stick to the rule where having the upper hand on the go-home means you're losing at the pay per view? If Cena was winning Sunday, I think Brock would have been the one standing tall after their Raw encounter. But I don't know if they go by that anymore, or even if they ever did. Maybe it was all Internet bollocks.

I'm amazed that PP take bets on a scripted show with numerous people in the know about outcomes.

Don't think it makes a difference these days. Case in point was Lesnar leaving Taker laying on the Raw before Wrestlemania this year and we all know how that went.

Edited by Callum1993

They did seem to be really into it at the start didn't they? It was a good idea, they got the guests in, spent the money, tried to run it against the competition, etc. And then just suddenly got bored of it. Were the ratings really that atrocious? Or was there a change in personal high up or something?

Minds you Lucha Libre USA started off with a pilot showing highlights from AAA didn't it? And then they delivered something different anyway.

• Paid Members

It wasn't a ratings thing, from what I remember. I believe they got sick of it before it aired. When they commissioned it, they had this idea of it being this big cult thing that kids would love, so pumped millions into it. A months worth of Raw cost less than this thing. But (as with the ever moving MTV), by the time it was all filmed, they had already fallen out of love with the idea and moved onto the next thing. I said this in another thread, but that is the only way you'll ever compete with WWE. You need a giant network who doesn't mind giving 5 figures to Vampiro and Ricky Banderes. A start up isnt going to cut it. You need someone to pump millions into it without battering an eyelid.

So from the 22nd September the new season of The Big Bang Theory is going to air on a Monday night. Knowing this show draws huge numbers for CBS i wonder if it will effect Raw's ratings for the first half hour. Season 8 kicks off with a double episode too.