Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

So for two weeks WrestleTalk TV have been hyping up an exclusive interview with Dixie Carter, complete with a teaser clip of her being about to tell all about a meeting with Stephanie McMahon.Show comes along and it turns out the entire story is that they were both at Reid Flair's funeral and said hello.Real classy hype job.

So for two weeks WrestleTalk TV have been hyping up an exclusive interview with Dixie Carter, complete with a teaser clip of her being about to tell all about a meeting with Stephanie McMahon.Show comes along and it turns out the entire story is that they were both at Reid Flair's funeral and said hello.Real classy hype job.

LOL, some people have no sense of decency or credibility. That show is beyond awful in every sense of the word which is why I don't bother with it. Hearing something like that reinforces my decision.

• Moderators

1-900-MEANGENE would be proud of that one.

LOL, some people have no sense of decency or credibility. That show is beyond awful in every sense of the word which is why I don't bother with it. Hearing something like that reinforces my decision.
Agreed.I watched the first 2 or 3 shows and still can't get over how shockingly bad it was. But to read this sort of stuff is going on is baffling.

• Paid Members

I've been watching this cracking fan made documentary about Sabu. Its great. Its clipped together using match footage and talking heads from shoot interviews. Its pretty much a WWE level DVD piece in terms of the chronology and the relevant interviews put in with the footage.

Watching it really paints a picture of just how innovative Sabu was. It seems to get lost now, but I remember seeing this bloke for the first time and thought he was the coolest bloke on the planet. I've still never seen someone with the scars all over his body like he had. He got over with the WWE audience as well when he turned up in 2006. I've always thought Heyman tying him up in court in 2000 to stop him making a living was pretty disgusting. Heyman always seemed to have a hard on when it came to Sabu.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Dave Batista in London.Gmorning tworld! Sun's out again in London n somebody told me there r albino deer in the park down the way! Holy shit! #gottaseethat PEACE!So I asked an older gent where I could find the albino deer n he looked at me like a was a dick n responded "follow the yellow brick road"!I'm not sure because he was walking away but I swear he mumbled "bloody American wankah".. #grouch

Has joel quit yet?

• Paid Members

As great as the card is, how much of a mess is Wrestlemania 8! The difference between the proposed original card to the card we got is staggering. In the original card you have the conclusion/advancement of several long running feuds and angles and in the revised card, you have some entertaining but completely shoehorned matches. It's not really the lads fault like. Vince lost his arse with the Flair/Hogan main event, thrown in with the problem of Hogan deciding to do one after Mania meant that the 'dream match' (that while a dream match drew fuck all on the spot shows) was binned. Apparently, Sid had a little deal in his contract which guaranteed him a Wrestlemania main event anyway (true or not true, I'm unaware) so I'm not sure where they were going with that whole main event deal. But it was a mess.Then as if that isn't bad enough, Jake Roberts feels buttfucked about not getting the recently resigned Pat Patterson's job on the booking team (because he was coming back anyway) so he decides the feck off to WCW, killing off any return matches he could have had with Undertaker but allegedly holding Vince up at Wrestlemania for a contract release. The confusion with the main event also meant that Savage/Jake didn't get the PPV blow-off match that was in the works or Undertaker/Sid which was proposed for both men (and Taker might have jobbed too). Flair/Savage get's created from this as well.The rest of the card is still a mess beyond that. The show ran over so Bezerker/Bulldog are left holding their dicks because their match gets canned. Jim Neidhart left in February so the New Foundation are out of the 8 Man Tag, meaning Owen gets reshuffled around the card. God knows what happened with the LOD. A few stories have circulated around like, drug failures and not wanting to drop the belts on TV. If you believe whatever, the plan was for The Disasters to cost them the titles anyway and we would get LOD/Disasters and Money Inc/Duggan & Slaughter. Maybe still those matches with the titles swapped about anyway. Marty Jannetty also got himself busted for coke in late January as well so he was bunked off, add that with a load of stars leaving/suspended, the sex and steroid scandals and the WBF on it's arse it's amazing the product was so good still in 1992. This could have been our Wrestlemania 8 card.Hogan/FlairSavage/JakeSid/UndertakerMichaels/JannettyLOD/DisastersBret/PiperVirgil, Boss Man, New Foundation/Repo, Mountie & NastysMoney Inc/Slaughter & DugganBezerker/BulldogTatanka/MartelWhich means poor Skinner gets absolutely fucked as well. That's another story mind.

Edited by WWFChilli

As great as the card is, how much of a mess is Wrestlemania 8! The difference between the proposed original card to the card we got is staggering. In the original card you have the conclusion/advancement of several long running feuds and angles and in the revised card, you have some entertaining but completely shoehorned matches. It's not really the lads fault like. Vince lost his arse with the Flair/Hogan main event, thrown in with the problem of Hogan deciding to do one after Mania meant that the 'dream match' (that while a dream match drew fuck all on the spot shows) was binned. Apparently, Sid had a little deal in his contract which guaranteed him a Wrestlemania main event anyway (true or not true, I'm unaware) so I'm not sure where they were going with that whole main event deal. But it was a mess.Then as if that isn't bad enough, Jake Roberts feels buttfucked about not getting the recently resigned Pat Patterson's job on the booking team (because he was coming back anyway) so he decides the feck off to WCW, killing off any return matches he could have had with Undertaker but allegedly holding Vince up at Wrestlemania for a contract release. The confusion with the main event also meant that Savage/Jake didn't get the PPV blow-off match that was in the works or Undertaker/Sid which was proposed for both men (and Taker might have jobbed too). Flair/Savage get's created from this as well.The rest of the card is still a mess beyond that. The show ran over so Bezerker/Bulldog are left holding their dicks because their match gets canned. Jim Neidhart left in February so the New Foundation are out of the 8 Man Tag, meaning Owen gets reshuffled around the card. God knows what happened with the LOD. A few stories have circulated around like, drug failures and not wanting to drop the belts on TV. If you believe whatever, the plan was for The Disasters to cost them the titles anyway and we would get LOD/Disasters and Money Inc/Duggan & Slaughter. Maybe still those matches with the titles swapped about anyway. Marty Jannetty also got himself busted for coke in late January as well so he was bunked off, add that with a load of stars leaving/suspended, the sex and steroid scandals and the WBF on it's arse it's amazing the product was so good still in 1992. This could have been our Wrestlemania 8 card.Hogan/FlairSavage/JakeSid/UndertakerMichaels/JannettyLOD/DisastersBret/PiperVirgil, Boss Man, New Foundation/Repo, Mountie & NastysMoney Inc/Slaughter & DugganBezerker/BulldogTatanka/MartelWhich means poor Skinner gets absolutely fucked as well. That's another story mind.

That's basically what I think too. The natural lineup for WM8, as was anticipated around Rumble time, would have guaranteed one of the all time great cards. As it was, you can't be too hard on it as it was still a good show, and we did get Savage/Flair out of it.... but man, something like that above would just have been on another planet for a young me.Wonder how they'd book it (and the build up) if they were contemplating going with something like that. How would they do the double turn?What about Warriors return, and in what match? etc. Edited by Reznor

Would have been interesting to see what route Shawns career would have taken had he stollen THAT show, which may have been likely. Or knowing such, would Bret have stepped it up even more? Great possibilities.But yeah, that above card rocks.

• Paid Members

I guess that all depends on how the matches were booked. Could Hogan be convinced to lose, it would be hard to think so. Maybe even passing out in the figure four? You certainly could not put Hogan/Flair on in the same spot as Savage/Flair.

• Paid Members

Why would Hogan be asked to lose to Flair? What scenario would that have done any good for WWF? Flair was in his 40s at the time. Hogan was their Babe Ruth who they wanted to bring back to pop buyrates as a special attraction (like he did at WrestleMania 9). Having him lose to a guy they didn't see as anything long term would have been disastrous. The reason there was no Flair vs Hogan match was because they exhausted their drawing power in WWF's major markets and they had no confidence that it would out draw a Sid and Hogan main event. If Hogan would have stuck around, they still wouldn't have done Hogan vs Flair.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Why would Hogan be asked to lose to Flair? What scenario would that have done any good for WWF? Flair was in his 40s at the time. Hogan was their Babe Ruth who they wanted to bring back to pop buyrates as a special attraction (like he did at WrestleMania 9). The reason there was no Flair vs Hogan match was because they exhausted their drawing power in WWF's major markets and they had no confidence that it would out draw a Sid and Hogan main event. If Hogan would have stuck around, they still wouldn't have done Hogan vs Flair.

Ah damn, I forgot they wanted Hogan to do the special attraction role. I still think that the imaginary Mania card would have been really interesting to see. The Undertaker's streak may have never existed has Flair/Hogan proved to be a draw.