Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Haha, that's basically one change every other week in 2000.  I do kind of like it when it's unpredictable like that; but also like a nice year long title run.  I'm not sure exactly what point I'm making here.  Other than one thing is good, but so is the other.

• Paid Members

When you get garbage booking like Nash winning the belt from Jarrett on Nitro, then giving it to Flair at the start of Thunder and then at the end of Thunder Flair loses it back to Jarrett.... so you end up with three title changes in four televised days, the belt back on the bloke it started on. Net gain for any of the wrestlers or storyline advancement - FUCK ALL.

Yeah. WCW in 2000 was booked as though they WANTED it to fail. One for Keiran's Konspiracy Korner.

The WWF had it about right around 2000. Title changes were frequent enough that title matches were dramatic, but not so often that you couldn't be bothered investing in a title reign.

It's been said before on here, but an out-of-nowhere world title change would be really refreshing in 2015. Every title change has been at least partially telegraphed by months in advance for ages.

The WWF had it about right around 2000. Title changes were frequent enough that title matches were dramatic, but not so often that you couldn't be bothered investing in a title reign.

It's been said before on here, but an out-of-nowhere world title change would be really refreshing in 2015. Every title change has been at least partially telegraphed by months in advance for ages.

Wrestlemania was pretty out-of nowhere surely?

That's an interesting point actually. The only 'Out of nowhere' title wins are the cash ins now. Which I guess really aren't out of nowhere as we all know they're coming eventually. A lot of people were predicting Rollins anyway. 

Will we ever get the title change hands on TV again? In fact when was the last time that happened?

• Paid Members

The prospect of santino winning in the chamber had me yelling at the television. No interest in him but the thought of the unthinkable happening had me enthralled.

The dean ambrose as interim champ appealed to me as well, again just because it would have gone against the trend of long, tedius reigns we get nowadays.

That's an interesting point actually. The only 'Out of nowhere' title wins are the cash ins now. Which I guess really aren't out of nowhere as we all know they're coming eventually. A lot of people were predicting Rollins anyway.

Will we ever get the title change hands on TV again? In fact when was the last time that happened?

If we don't count Money in the Bank ones or vacating, Del Rio beat Big Show on Smackdown for the world title in late 2012/early 2013.

Cena beat Rey for the (interim?) WWE title on Raw in 2011.

I think they're the two most recent.

Wrestlemania was pretty out-of nowhere surely?

Not really. The cash-in had been suggested all over the place, and Brock's reign was clearly projected to end one way or another at 'Mania from the moment he won it from Cena.

Genuine question... Would anyone buy into the idea of a title switching reasonably often between the same two guys? For example, basically saying that two guys in a best of seven series are so evenly matched that either one could win on the night. Or would it just completely diminish the title?