WWE UK TV Event Memories

The Dart

With the next WWE UK TV events coming up soon, thought I'd start a topic for those of us who have attended to reflect on the various events over the last 8 years. The good, the bad, the awful, the great. Matches, angles, just generally your experiences of attending the shows. People who only watched on TV are welcome to join in too, but really I'm thinking of the live experience here.

So, since November 2004, WWE have held 32 TV events in the UK (Manchester x8, Birmingham x4, Sheffield x4, Liverpool x2, London x14.

Below are the results of all the shows. I've put it in spoilers just to avoid having a massively long post. Also, you never know, someone on here might get arsey about posting the results of a show from 5 years they haven't got round to watching yet.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Raw

Evening News Arena

Manchester

October 11th 2004

Maven beat Robbie Brookside

Nidia & Victoria beat Molly Holly & Gail Kim

Shelton Benjamin beat Stevie Richards

Tajiri beat Chuck Palumbo

Trish Stratus beat Stacy Keibler

La Resistance beat William Regal & Eugene

The Hurricane & Rosey and Val Venis & Stevie Richards wrestled to a no contest

Chris Jericho and Rhyno wrestled to a no contest

Chris Jericho & Rhyno beat Christian & Tyson Tomko

Shawn Michaels, Edge & Chris Benoit beat Triple H, Ric Flair & Batista

Smackdown

Evening News Arena

Manchester

October 12th 2004

Spike Dudley beat Scotty 2 Hotty

Orlando Jordan beat Funaki

Bubba Ray Dudley beat Rico

Rob Van Dam beat Rene Dupree

Billy Kidman beat Charlie Haas

Rey Mysterio won an 18 Man Battle Royal

JBL beat Hardcore Holly in a Hardcore Match

The Undertaker beat Heidenreich

Carlito beat Rey Mysterio

Eddie Guerrero beat Luther Reigns by DQ

Raw

National Exhibition Centre

Birmingham

April 25th 2005

Simon Dean beat Robbie Brookside

The Heart Throbs beat Domino & Eric Schwarz

The Hurricane beat Maven

Chris Jericho beat Sylvan Grenier

Muhammad Hussan & Daivari beat William Regal & Tajiri

Edge beat Val Venis

Batista beat Christian

Smackdown

National Exhibition Centre

Birmingham

April 26th 2005

The Basham Brothers beat Scotty 2 Hotty & Shannon Moore

Nunzio & Funaki beat Billy Kidman & Akio

Orlando Jordan beat Charlie Haas

Chavo Guerrero beat Paul London by CO

MNM beat Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio

John Cena beat Rene Dupree

Matt Morgan beat Mikey Whiplash

JBL beat Kurt Angle, Booker T and The Big Show in a Four Corners Match

Raw

Motorpoint Arena

Sheffield

November 21st 2005

Nick Nemeth beat Steve Lewington

Carlito beat Tommy Taylor

Snitsky & Tyson Tomko beat Chris Grey & Kenneth Cameron

Viscera beat Lance Cade

Ric Flair beat Trevor Murdoch

Tajiri and Rob Conway wrestled to a no contest

Kurt Angle beat Shelton Benjamin

Val Venis beat Triple H by DQ

Candice Michelle beat Mickie James

Shawn Michaels and JBL wrestled to a no contest in a Lumberjack Match

Smackdown

Motorpoint Arena

Sheffield

November 22nd 2005

Kid Kash beat Chris Grey

MNM beat Paul London & Brian Kendrick

Sylvan beat Funaki

Simon Dean beat Tommy Taylor

Chris Benoit and Booker T wrestled to a draw

The Dicks beat Animal & Heidenreich

Matt Hardy beat Mr. Kennedy by DQ

Melina beat Christy Hemme

Juventud Guerrera beat Nunzio

JBL & Rey Mysterio and William Regal & Paul Burchill wrestled to a no contest

Bobby Lashley beat Orlando Jordan

Batista and Randy Orton wrestled to a no contest

Raw

Wembley Arena

London

April 21st 2006

The Big Show beat Charlie Rage & The UK Kid in a Handicap Match

Lance Cade beat Eugene

Snitsky & Goldust beat Andy Simmonz & Eric Schwarz

Kane beat Trevor Murdoch

Rob Van Dam, Carlito & Charlie Haas beat Shelton Benjamin, Chris Masters & Matt Striker

Shawn Michaels and Shane McMahon wrestled to a no contest

Umaga beat Steve Lewington

Triple H, John Cena & Edge and Kenny, Mikey, Johnny, Nicky & Mitch wrestled to a no contest in a Handicap Match

Smackdown

Wembley Arena

London

April 22nd 2006

Chris Benoit beat Vito

Matt Hardy beat Andy Simmonz

Paul Burchill beat Nunzio

Orlando Jordan beat Scotty 2 Hotty

JBL beat William Regal

Paul London, Brian Kendrick & Super Crazy beat MNM & Gregory Helms

Bobby Lashley beat Mark Henry by CO

Finlay beat Gunner Scott

Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle wrestled to a no contest

Raw

Evening News Arena

Manchester

November 13th 2006

Carlito beat Doug Williams

CM Punk beat Mike Knox

Tommy Dreamer beat Daivari by DQ

Bobby Lashley beat Hardcore Holly by DQ

Shawn Michaels & Triple H beat Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Viscera & Charlie Haas in a Handicap Match

Johnny & Kenny beat The Highlanders

John Cena beat Umaga by DQ

Jeff Hardy beat Johnny Nitro

Mickie James beat Lita

Edge & Randy Orton beat Ric Flair & Rowdy Roddy Piper

Smackdown

Evening News Arena

Manchester

November 14th 2006

Funaki beat KC James

The Boogeyman and The Miz & Kristal wrestled to a no contest in a Handicap Match

Chris Benoit beat Tatanka

William Regal beat Paul London

MVP beat Kane in a Street Fight

Matt Hardy beat Gregory Helms

Batista & Bobby Lashley beat Booker T & Finlay

Raw

Earls Court

London

April 23rd 2007

Jeff Hardy beat Kenny Dykstra

Mickie James beat Victoria

Chris Masters beat Val Venis

Val Venis beat Chris Masters

Cryme Tyme beat The World

• Paid Members

I attended Raw in Manchester in 2006, can't really remember much of it tbh however, my mates mum and dad decided they'd drive us down and they'd spend the day and evening in Manchester while we went and done our own stuff and went to the show. Just as the show starts my mates mobile starts ringing, it's his dad's calling him but he just ignores it thinking he'll be getting hounded as to when the show's going to finish. A good hour or so in there's a DX promo on the screen that had been filmed outside the MEN Arena and my mate turns to me and says "I think that was my dad's taxi in the background", we shrug it off thinking nothing more of it. When the show ends and we get in to his dad's car, his dad turns to us and asks why we didn't answer the phone and we explain. It turns out his dad had been calling us because HHH and Shawn Michaels had come over to the car and asked them to move it so they could film their promo, my mates dad being the kinda stubborn guy that he is, refused and had gotten in to a bit of an argument with them over it. My mate and I didn't believe it could have been either of them that had come over but sure enough my mates dad had recorded them just after the argument and it was definitely them, unfortunately the phone he recorded it on was the phone he used solely for his taxi and the car got broken in to about a week later and the phone was nicked.

True story.

• Paid Members

I've been to a few of the shows listed, reading through that the thing that really stands out was the Umaga/HHH match after Raw went off air. One of the most enjoyable things i've seen live. Umaga (with Vince in his corner) ripping through the jabronis was great fun too. I remember coming away thinking that Umaga looked like an absolute Superstar. A sad loss.

• Paid Members

I won't lie, I've never bothered with a tv taping over here. It doesn't help that my interest in the product is not where it used to be and I'm now fairly selective in what wrestling I'll put my hand in my pocket to go and see, but while I've occasionally pondered a house show tour my attitude to tv was always "short matches, crap finishes, lots of talking." But boy, if someone had told me that Raw taping would have featured Shawn and Cena wrestling nearly an hour with a clean finish, I'd have been there.

Re-reading those results and remembering the shows as they aired, it's very much been a lottery over the years hasn't it??

The Smackdown taping in Liverpool was highly enjoyable for me, had wanted to go to Raw the previous night but was unable to get ringside for that so opted for the blue brand instead. Took my 10 year old cousin with me which was his first ever show and to see his face light up at the sight of the ring, the stage and seeing all these names that he's been watching on tv come out just made my night

I loved my first taping in April 2005 when we went to the NEC for Smackdown. The main event 4-way was top stuff and was cool seeing a fairly big happening like Eddie walking out on Rey. Also really enoyed the Raw taping in October 2007, seeing Vince live over here was a real treat and his segment was probably the highlight, three Orton matches during his boreathon days wasn't so much. Still we saw Michaels who'd not long returned and the dark match with HHH vs Umaga was great stuff.

Looking forward to going again in November now Birmingham has tapings for the the first time since then. Even more so with not having even been to the house shows for a few tours.

Scotland needs to get a television taping when The Hydro arena opens. The main reason they have never done TV in Scotland is the Braehead Arena only holds 4000 for a WWE house show so would not be viable business in WWE's eyes for them to do so. The Hydro is a 13,000 seater venue so take away 1000 seats for the production set up for TV and you know it will sell out 12,000 no problem.

• Paid Members
Scotland needs to get a television taping when The Hydro arena opens.

I hope they don't, because you'd spent about eight months banging on about it from the second it was announced.

• Paid Members
Scotland needs to get a television taping when The Hydro arena opens. The main reason they have never done TV in Scotland is the Braehead Arena only holds 4000 for a WWE house show so would not be viable business in WWE's eyes for them to do so. The Hydro is a 13,000 seater venue so take away 1000 seats for the production set up for TV and you know it will sell out 12,000 no problem.

Is there a Hilton near the Hydro?

Nah, The Leeds arena will be where it's at.

• Paid Members

Is there a Hilton near the Hydro?

:laugh: It'll be the suite next time, get those Hilton Honours points spent.

I remember the Jeff Hardy v Taker match being good at the Nov 2008 Manchester taping. Got to see Hardy up close as he interrupted a contract signing by running through the crowd (taller than I thought). Best segment I've seen live has to be the Santino tea party, Santino could do no wrong the crowd loved him. Always great when Regal has a match as well and last April's event was good were he tagged with Kidd. Nice little match with funny moments.

Archived