2012 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

We're talking about a lad who is 19 years old. Dar regularly gets international bookings in Germany and is so highly regarded that he's booked in good positions by a number of the higher regarded promotions in Britain. As a 17 year old he was booked in a dark match at the DG:UK shows and he fucking ran far with the ball. He is THAT good at such a young age. Give him 3 or 4 years and watch him fly!

I was once told that he another another Scottish wrestler PAID to work the DG:UK show, and were not their for their talent, but because they paid the promoters money to work there.....

True or not it is unknown but I have a very trustworthy source

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I was once told that he another another Scottish wrestler PAID to work the DG:UK show, and were not their for their talent, but because they paid the promoters money to work there.....

New member signs up in time for the top 50 list to come out and has "insider" Britwres info. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Dont think Mark Sloan will be happy with that comment. Dar is a great talent for his age, still has a lot of learning to do but is getting bookings and winning titles all over the country. The reason why he is so high on the list is because a lot of people rate him and have seen good performances from him.

Dont think Mark Sloan will be happy with that comment. Dar is a great talent for his age, still has a lot of learning to do but is getting bookings and winning titles all over the country. The reason why he is so high on the list is because a lot of people rate him and have seen good performances from him.

It's a absurd comment. Dar was absolutely there on merrit and merrit alone. For my money is one of the brightest prospects in Europe right now.

I would love to hear who this very trustworthy source is , they aren't very trustworthy in relation to that statement!

• Paid Members

Would it not have been Mark Sloan that had a say in who worked the DG:UK show? Given that he has pretty much every worker in the country to choose from, would he really let someone "gash but with cash" have a spot on such an important project?

We're talking about a lad who is 19 years old. Dar regularly gets international bookings in Germany and is so highly regarded that he's booked in good positions by a number of the higher regarded promotions in Britain. As a 17 year old he was booked in a dark match at the DG:UK shows and he fucking ran far with the ball. He is THAT good at such a young age. Give him 3 or 4 years and watch him fly!

Here's the thing - You're saying Dar and another Scottish wrestler paid to work the DG:UK show, yet to date Noam is the only wrestler living up in Scotland to work for DG:UK.

So what's that say about your source?

I've only seen Noam Dar live once (against Eddie Edwards I think in IPW). He'd been hyped so much on here, I was curious to see if he lived up to it. In my opinion he did. I didn't think he was amazing, but knowing how young and reasonably new to the scene he is, he'll go far.

to be honest no one can with this anyway we had a complaint about Dave Rayne being higher than Rampage Brown, now its why is Dar so high, obviously the people who did vote had him on their list, and probably high on their list.

Aye, the age is the key thing to remember here. Personally I think he's already excellent. One thing that's been brought up is the way he overdoes things, but I love the way he reigns on the cockyness. It's part of the reason why I'm such a fan, but at the same time, when he's a babyface I just can't buy him in the same way, and that might be a problem.

The "Zack lite" thing is something I disagree with, but given the styles, I can understand it. He's certainly not as good as Sabre Jr. but I don't think he's that far off.

And given the "trustworthy" rumours of Tombstone, it's safe to say I won't be giving his opinion anything more than ignorance.

Is this the try and Besmirch 2012 or something

Noam is a fantastic in ring talent, plays the cocky bastard heel to perfection, gives it just the right amount of gob so every fucker hates him and can go with anyone pretty much. I'm failing to see what peoples issues are as clearly they must be expecting something else?

Just to add, wouldn't also the amount of ground he covers have something to do with it. He is a scottish wrestler based in Scotland. Not in the voting period but I've probably seen Dar more than 10 times this year and I live in the South. This list is about rating who you've seen and the audience he's reached must be greater than most. I see a sort of north-south divide in the list with Northern favourites that I have never had the opportunity of seeing and Southern favourites who people more North have been less exposed to. Noam is one who is pretty much everywhere so gets solid voting all round. I like the Oasis gimmick the music and mannerisms are a good fit for wrestling, his crowd work is far beyond his years, he's good in the ring and he's 19(what a cunt)

He's young yeah, but I never thought Renee Dupree deserved more credit because he was younger than everyone else in 2003. Nobody has said anything particularly bad about Dar other than the guy who said he thought he was gash. I just don't rate Dar as highly as others and that's okay because this topic actually seems like an appropriate place to talk about the guys that made the top 50.

I'd rather see T-Bone any day of the week over Dar and he is much further down the list, we have different tastes and I don't think those that aren't fully sold on Dar are trying to besmirch him in any way.

I think the thing with Noam Dar is he is an amazing wrestler but just needs to find that character that defines him to make him the total package that will make him go places.

• Paid Members

Not really a point, more of an observation: from his original look and the Israeli Hebrew name, he sort of reminds me of Aviv Maayan. Never seen him wrestle, so that's all I've got to go on.

• Paid Members

New member signs up in time for the top 50 list to come out and has "insider" Britwres info. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Indeed. The amount of deep throating in this thread this year would put Belladonna to shame.

Archived