2012 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top notch job as usual Ben, nice one. Chuffed to see El Ligero No.1 as he was mine and deserves it again. Outside of one or two list looks pretty spot on for my taste.

Have a feeling we're in for a cracking year of shows on our shores in the next year from various sources, so I think the number of voters will rise next year too.

Joint 84th ever!!!

By my calculatorations, this year there were 57 ballots posted as (unless I am not mistaken) I counted 57 nominations of 1st place. If I don't have a life occupying me next year - I am definitely pulling some favours out of the woodwork....

Very interesting point here! It would not take too much effort for all those who think that Benny's hard work has been undermined by the lack of votes to all next year vote Gillian Gordon the UKFF's N0.1 most popular wrestler.

Perhaps we should open multiple accounts to counteract the 64 voters (some rather aggresive & mainly from the Preston area) thus highlighting the farcical nature of this years results (Obviously Rampage Brown will be N0.2 ;))

For what is worth i do still recognise the hard work put into this pointless venture & El Ligero is an awesome wrestler, Worthy of the top spot regardless of how many or how few have voted. He only has good matches.

Joint 84th ever!!!

By my calculatorations, this year there were 57 ballots posted as (unless I am not mistaken) I counted 57 nominations of 1st place. If I don't have a life occupying me next year - I am definitely pulling some favours out of the woodwork....

Very interesting point here! It would not take too much effort for all those who think that Benny's hard work has been undermined by the lack of votes to all next year vote Gillian Gordon the UKFF's N0.1 most popular wrestler.

Perhaps we should open multiple accounts to counteract the 64 voters (some rather aggresive & mainly from the Preston area) thus highlighting the farcical nature of this years results (Obviously Rampage Brown will be N0.2 ;))

For what is worth i do still recognise the hard work put into this pointless venture & El Ligero is an awesome wrestler, Worthy of the top spot regardless of how many or how few have voted. He only has good matches.

Out of the top 10 eight have worked for PCW this year. Out of those 10 eight have worked for NGW. 9 have worked for SWE and 8 for RPW/IPW:UK.

Are you really inclined as to state that NGW didn't get a fair shake because their Champion wasn't able to break the top 20?

I don't for a second believe the majority of the voters are from Preston. All 10 of those wrestlers wrestle up and down the country, not just Preston, Hull, Kent, Cambridge, etc etc.

I feel it's insulting to negate all Ben's hard work and refer to this as a "pointless venture" solely because one man did not get the recognition you feel warranted.

So please I encourage you for you to cast your vote next year (one I might add....) so your voice can be heard. Not to stand on the sidelines grumbling.

Joint 84th ever!!!

Out of the top 10 eight have worked for PCW this year. Out of those 10 eight have worked for NGW. 9 have worked for SWE and 8 for RPW/IPW:UK.

Are you really inclined as to state that NGW didn't get a fair shake because their Champion wasn't able to break the top 20?

I don't for a second believe the majority of the voters are from Preston. All 10 of those wrestlers wrestle up and down the country, not just Preston, Hull, Kent, Cambridge, etc etc.

I feel it's insulting to negate all Ben's hard work and refer to this as a "pointless venture" solely because one man did not get the recognition you feel warranted.

So please I encourage you for you to cast your vote next year (one I might add....) so your voice can be heard. Not to stand on the sidelines grumbling.

Nothing to do with NGW at all, I recognise my boy Rampage's talent wherever he works. I actually commended Benny on his hard work & only feel it pointless on the lack of votes. This is not Benny's fault & thus not meant to insult him or any of the wrestlers on the list.

I shall be voting next year for sure! Perhaps if enough of us threaten to vote for Gilligan Gordan it will encourage more to participate & make Benny's hard work more accurate & worthwhile :thumbsup:

Last year when Ligero won it, I was surprised, I knew he was good but wasn't sure if he was the very best. But since he came in at number 1 he's been on a role and completely justified his position and removed any doubts. He's had a great year with a number of great matches including Mastiff, Banks, Corino and Generico plus 2 UK MOTY candidates with Tozowa and Ego Dragon. Not to mention what could be another epic MOTY candidate with Ego this Sunday.

I thought that Marty would get number 1, but I'm not at all surprised that Ligs won after Marty's name came out so early, he's been well worth retaining his place at the top of the poll for the year he's had. Let's hope DG:UK have been paying attention and give him a chance in their dark matches.

• Paid Members
Joint 84th ever!!!

26028454.jpg

Archived