2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The players seem gutted. Charlie Adam tweeted saying "Can't believe the Scottish Papers got what they wanted"

Petulant child, or does he have a case? If the players were behind him how will they react to the new appointment, whomever that'll be?

I never even seen much comment on it from the papers for a change, it's the fans that wanted rid, including me.

• Paid Members
The players seem gutted. Charlie Adam tweeted saying "Can't believe the Scottish Papers got what they wanted"

Petulant child, or does he have a case? If the players were behind him how will they react to the new appointment, whomever that'll be?

Perhaps if Charlie Adam was as quick to track Gareth Bale as he was to go crying on Twitter Levein would still be in a job.

• Paid Members

Only thing about Strachan is you'll get the "Can't be arsed being up here, doing it for the money" carry-on vibe with him. His daily Glasgow social commentaries from behind the curtains in his Coventry home with a baseball bat in his hand won't be fun either.

Yes, we know it's a shithole Mr. Strachan. You're not the only one that's suddenly figured that out.

• Paid Members

Worrying times for Hearts ahead.

The future of Heart of Midlothian

Today the Board of Heart of Midlothian plc is writing to you with the express wish that every supporter provides emergency backing for the club.

This is not so much a request as a necessity.To use the words yesterday of John Robertson, one of the greatest players in this club's history, this is a "Call to Arms".

There is no greater need than now for supporters to invest in the club in whichever way you can, without delay. How can you do this?

1. Invest in the Share Issue! Take time to look at the Share Offer brochure and give some thought to what you might be able to afford to commit to the Offer. There are risks, we know, and these are laid out clearly so be very sure this is right for you before committing but please at least consider it.

2. Buy a ticket for you and a friend for the St Mirren game next weekend (Saturday 17th November KO 3pm)! We currently have 4,700 available seats for this game and we must fill the stadium for every game from now on to have any chance of avoiding future financial consequences.

3. Buy a ticket for you and a friend for the Celtic game on 28th November. It's always a cracking atmosphere under the floodlights at Tynecastle and we will welcome the champions for what we expect to be a cracking game. Let's fill the stadium and help the club continue to operate.

4. Buy a ticket for you and a friend for the Aberdeen game on 8th December. Aberdeen has already requested additional capacity as they vie for top spot in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League and this could squeeze availability for home fans. However, we want to look after our own fans and if demand from you is there, then we will make the Roseburn Stand available once again to Hearts fans.

Without the support of fans there is, as we issue this note, a real risk that Heart of Midlothian Football Club could possibly play its last game next Saturday, 17 November against St Mirren.

This isn't a bluff, this isn't scaremongering, this is reality.

Discussions on whose name is above the door, talk about how the money has been spent and debate on whether the investment in silverware has been appropriate is all natural but quite simply worthless at this moment in time.

The only valid debate now is how can you help the club. Is the club worth less than

Is there any real need to post something like that? It's not going to generate any worthwhile debate - Jardine is clearly talking out his arse and of course he's going to think Rangers are the bigger club, he played for them for Christ's sake. I don't see any merit in what he says and frankly I don't see any point in that article being put in this thread. All it's going to do is cause angry retorts or start arguments.

EDIT: Just so my post doesn't come across as whiney or equally pointless, I wanted to bring something up. Next year, Hampden closes for a year whilst the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow are prepared for. Now, there are two similarly large stadia in the same city, either of which would be perfectly suitable to house the national team and any finals for that season and possibly the season afterwards. However, would anyone else support (as I do) the idea of possibly bringing Scotland's national team and cup competition finals to Edinburgh and playing them at Murrayfield? Seeing as it is the largest stadium in the country and is also in the capital, plus with the stigma of 'no football shall be played there' having been removed when Hearts were playing in the Champions League, I think it'd be terrific.

Is there any real need to post something like that?

All it's going to do is cause angry retorts or start arguments.

Answered your own question there!

Jardine is doing the Newco when it suits thing there, isn't he?

The first post-Levein era team has been announced, facing Luxembourg tonight;

Gilks, Dixon, Hanley, Berra, Whittaker, D Fletcher, Mulgrew, Shinnie, Naismith, Miller, Rhodes

I have to admit that I was hopeful that we'd see Griffiths play from the start rather than Miller. We know what Miller can do, and Griffiths has been in superb form thus far this season for Hibs.

Archived