The Belt Thread

Rule One

You know, I don't post here often anymore, but this was the finest and most informative thread i've read on here in a very, very long time. It was great that despite being a fan for longer than I care to remember, I actually learned so much stuff that I didn't know.

Thanks to Rule One for taking the time to do this and hopefully, all the issues can be ironed out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BeltfanDan has nothing to do with the issues, he was the one informed about things at first but he has done nothing wrong but protect his interests. Due to people going to him, other stuff spilled out from the people who were the centre point of the trouble. They have and are continuing to be dealt with. To be fair to him, he's helped sort some of them out so I tip my hat to him. He's one of the few good, trustworthy people in the belt game and is generally targeted because of his position, which is a tough one to deal with. Just want to make this clear with everyone.

I've kept low to deal with the trouble and made sure that the people who I deal with were put first and foremost to protect their business/deals and future interests. I've also been dealing with a very tough month or so at home which has taken my time up.

I'll try and get something up over the next few days because this thread will continue.

If you have any questions or anything else, shoot here or PM. I'll be happy to answer you as best as I can.

Thank-you for your support and for reading this thread.

Regards

Rule One

BeltfanDan has nothing to do with the issues, he was the one informed about things at first but he has done nothing wrong but protect his interests. Due to people going to him, other stuff spilled out from the people who were the centre point of the trouble. They have and are continuing to be dealt with. To be fair to him, he's helped sort some of them out so I tip my hat to him. He's one of the few good, trustworthy people in the belt game and is generally targeted because of his position, which is a tough one to deal with. Just want to make this clear with everyone.

I've kept low to deal with the trouble and made sure that the people who I deal with were put first and foremost to protect their business/deals and future interests. I've also been dealing with a very tough month or so at home which has taken my time up.

I'll try and get something up over the next few days because this thread will continue.

If you have any questions or anything else, shoot here or PM. I'll be happy to answer you as best as I can.

Thank-you for your support and for reading this thread.

Regards

Rule One

Hope things work out for you and it's nice to see you again.

Really good thread. Only thing I can think about why Rule One has discontinued his in depth look at the belts is that the information may lead to someone trying to sell a belt as an original but a thread like this may expose it as being a copy of the original and therefore screw someone out of making more money in selling a belt? In doing so Rule One loses his connections and info about belts in the future?

Bit of a lite version of this thread on the WWE site:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/from-the-vault-championships

I assume they've photoshopped the WWE logos on to some of those and not actually gone to the trouble of having the belts modified??

God I hope so. But if they display them at Axxess I dread to think.

• Paid Members
Really good thread. Only thing I can think about why Rule One has discontinued his in depth look at the belts is that the information may lead to someone trying to sell a belt as an original but a thread like this may expose it as being a copy of the original and therefore screw someone out of making more money in selling a belt? In doing so Rule One loses his connections and info about belts in the future?

Incredible. Only your wonderful mind could come to that conclusion. You make me sick.

Bit of a lite version of this thread on the WWE site:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/from-the-vault-championships

I assume they've photoshopped the WWE logos on to some of those and not actually gone to the trouble of having the belts modified??

God I hope so. But if they display them at Axxess I dread to think.

With the exception of the WWE Womens title, all the belts in the article are real and ring used aside from the Rock's Brahma Bull belt which never even made it to television. All belts with the possible exception of the WWE Womens title have been and probably will be used at the Axxess events. (A Women's title is used at Axxess but I don't think its the one in the article.) The WWF World Heavyweight title (Steve Austin version/Smoking Skull) has been photoshopped for the article but the rest are untouched. The Rock's Brahma Bull belt is cropped so you can't see the logo but you can still see the words World Wrestling Federation on it. The WWE can use the name but not the initials or scratch logo. The WWF World Tag-Team title was altered using a drill/type tool to scratch off the F. The

At the Axxess displays the WWF scratch logo belts have either had the F drilled off/mashed up or a piece of tape put over them.

You can find a lot of the information I have posted around the internet and many people do this currently on e-bay, questioning and research is usually the best way to combat being scammed. The people I know would never lower themselves to do this sort of thing and doesn't/hasn't/won't affect our dealings.

Belt game? Business interests? "The Belt Man"? This keeps getting more absurd. They are pictures of belts, guys, not military secrets.

Certain pictures can cause loads of trouble, just like the leaked WWE title picture just a few months back. Imagine you have worked on something in private and it got out before it was finished? It would no doubt cause a loss of earnings or at least trouble in some form. Some stuff is meant to be kept private but sometimes people can't help themselves spoiling things for others.

Belts are a small niche but are big business to those in the know, they are collectors items to some, who in turn will pay good money to get what they want. Sometimes its not possible without a lot of secrecy. I know it sounds daft but I'll try and do a write up explaining everything. Put it this way, this year, I had a collection worth

Edited by Rule One

[With the exception of the WWE Womens title, all the belts in the article are real and ring used. All belts with the possible exception of the WWE Womens title have been and probably will be used at the Axxess events. The WWF World Heavyweight title (Steve Austin version/Smoking Skull) has been photoshopped for the article but the rest are untouched. The Rock's Brahma Bull belt is cropped so you can't see the logo but you can still see the words World Wrestling Federation on it. The WWE can use the name but not the initials or scratch logo. The WWF World Tag-Team title was altered using a drill/type tool to scratch off the F.

The Brahma Bull belt on the website has the WWE logo on the main plate and the side plates. Have they changed that belt too or have they photoshopped it?