The Belt Thread

Rule One

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another top post, cheers - very interesting reading.

In regards to that last picture, it raises a point Ive often wondered about....

whats the story with belts being spraypainted? Obviously the gangstas and nWo did it, possibly others - does that ruin the belt, or can it be restored afterwards?

I remember when I first saw Hogan do that It seemed a bit of a shame, and wondered if that means they needed a new belt

Generally if a belt is spray painted then it is part of an angle. I can't think of any instances off the top of my head where a belt has purposely been spray painted.

Belts can be restored depending on the methods used, usually with a bit of grit, a belt can be cleaned up but if the paint has settled or ate at the plating then it would have to be stripped and re-plated, though that method is cheaper than paying for a new one.

The WCW World Heavyweight title that Hogan spray painted was the original and used since its introduction in February 1986 up until Scott Steiner switched it over in 2000. The belt had to be releathered, repaired and re-plated many times throughout its run.

Hi Rule One

I might be missing something here in regards to what re-plating is (I figure it is just taking one of the metal shiny pieces off and putting a new one on). But isnt changing the leather and the plates many times a bit like when trigger in only fools and horses says "This broom has lasted me 25 years is only had x new handles and x new brushes". Can it really be classed as the same belt after a certain time?

Couldn't post this until now thanks to cloudflare errors:

Rick Petko of American Choppers/Orange County Choppers posted this on twitter:

Rick Petko Twitter

13512a4eec8f11e1877122000a1e9e66_7.jpg

He says he's annealing aluminium for a WWE belt, the belt in question is the one leaked not so long ago. However, they may be looking into making the plates lighter because the zinc plates on the leaked picture would be heavy. Once I get further information, I will let you all know as best I can.

Sorry I haven't posted anything, life has been shit and there has been too many idiots in the belt world fucking things up for me and few others. I will try and get back on track as soon as possible. Thank-you for reading, I hope you continue to do so.

NewROHBelt.jpg

Ring Of Honor are getting new belts made as well. However, from what I have been told, they haven't been very honourable with their dealings.

Edit: Judge Jeff Jones of ECW fame, let this out.

Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members

Jesus. If I were running ROH, the last thing I'd be doing right now is pissing away money on new belts.

EDIT: Just re-read Rule's post. Is the story that they ordered new belts (for whatever fucking reason, the money-hating idiots) and haven't paid up?

Edited by opcws

Jesus. If I were running ROH, the last thing I'd be doing right now is pissing away money on new belts.

EDIT: Just re-read Rule's post. Is the story that they ordered new belts (for whatever fucking reason, the money-hating idiots) and haven't paid up?

I pretty much can say no more about the issue as it is not for me to get into. However if the people involved decide to make it public then it could be another black eye for the company depending on what action would be taken.

Edited by Rule One

Then why mention anything at all? It really isnt your place to do so at all.

On that front no but in their previous dealings with the maker of their original Heavyweight, Pure and third version of their tag-team titles, Reggie Parks, they messed him about no end.

You are right though, I shouldn't have brought it up. I have made my bed, so I will have to lie in it.

• Moderators
Then why mention anything at all? It really isnt your place to do so at all.

Don't be a fucking dick. RuleOne can say whatever the fuck he wants in this great thread. In fact I encourage it.