The Belt Thread

Rule One

What a mixed up looking belt, it looks like they forgot to put the words world and wrestling on so were botched in later. The actual main plate looks nice in general however the side plates look like cheap generic belt pieces and ruin it. I think I prefer it to the last belt however, although that one was more striking memorable. My favourite was the original design they had for the majority of there ten years

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mr. Levity 84: They last had a new set of belts made in 2010 by All Star Championship Belts which comprised of the ROH World, World Tag-Team and World Television titles. If you look at a few posts back, I list what belts ROH have gone through during their time.

@SimonWorden: The belt is essentially a mash up of the WEC title (Second version) and the NWA World Heavyweight belt that was synonymous with Lou Thesz's title reigns.

WEC_Belt_Mad_Media.jpg

+

l.jpg

=

roh%20world.jpg

A lot of people have been receptive but I think its a lazy and over killed design. The belt won't last long if the iPPV was anything to go by, it was bounced off a ladder a few times and thrown to the ground.

• Paid Members

I actually like it.

It's a bit "different" and I personally think it looks better than the last one at least. Then again I still think they should of kept the original design, but maybe just update the logo.

My only gripe is all three of these belts don't really follow the same sort of design scheme. It is just me being picky really, but as with the WWE had the old "Winged Eagle", IC and Tag team belts following a similar look, and then in the Attitude era with the "Big Eagle", Oval IC and new age tag belts and so on. Current WWE is a mish-mash and also really annoys me a bit.

I actually like it.

It's a bit "different" and I personally think it looks better than the last one at least. Then again I still think they should of kept the original design, but maybe just update the logo.

My only gripe is all three of these belts don't really follow the same sort of design scheme. It is just me being picky really, but as with the WWE had the old "Winged Eagle", IC and Tag team belts following a similar look, and then in the Attitude era with the "Big Eagle", Oval IC and new age tag belts and so on. Current WWE is a mish-mash and also really annoys me a bit.

Yes, that annoys me as well. NJPW and NOAH have it right, in my opinion. The GHC belts are all similar and look great together, and the NJPW (IWGP) Belts are expertly designed to all compliment each other perfectly (well, except for the new NEVER Openweight title, which was a shit idea anyway).

• 1 month later...
301741_149122945222805_947921959_n.jpg

I just came across this photo and thought the belt there looks quite unique and interesting. I don't recognise it though.

I think that's a PWI Title. They're like a Canadian NWA of sorts, having one champion that covers a lot of different promotions.

*Picture*[/img]

I just came across this photo and thought the belt there looks quite unique and interesting. I don't recognise it though.

I think that's a PWI Title. They're like a Canadian NWA of sorts, having one champion that covers a lot of different promotions.

Nothing is on the mark.

The belt was made by Top Rope Belts

PWI Ultra J Title