O2 Network Outage last week

dangerously420

• Paid Members
When the fuck did outage become a reasonable word to use in this country? I'm fairly certain it's a hideous Americanism. I was watching an episode of Holby City and a girl in it said "this blows" That's too much, surely? And no she wasn't referring to the quality of Holby City. The BBC also had an article saying that somebody "was having a blast" Fuck off.

Get bent.

If there's a completely irrelevant time to have a stupid anti-BBC rant, you can be sure BiffingtonClyro will be all over it.

He's such a jerk-off.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Working fine here Tommy. Have you been drinking Tommy? You know what happens when you drink?

Sigh, sorry to interrupt a Tommy badgering, as fun as they are. I had to try and send you the picture of the best energy drink ever about 10 times this afternoon.

• Paid Members
When the fuck did outage become a reasonable word to use in this country? I'm fairly certain it's a hideous Americanism.

You're wrong.

"The custom and fashion of today will be the awkwardness and outrage of tomorrow - so arbitrary are these transient laws."

- Alexandre Dumas Pere, c19th.

At least 200 years of witty Europeans speaking of their outrage. And the very suggestion that there is something wrong with it as a word, quite frankly, I find outrageous.

• Paid Members
Not to be a cunt but can we keep Dangerously420 in the wrestling threads please. He posted in the MMA threads for a week and added nothing of worth, talked bollocks and then posted he was pissing back of to watch wrestling again.

We get on in the MMA threads

Really? That sounds boring.

Not to be a cunt but can we keep Dangerously420 in the wrestling threads please. He posted in the MMA threads for a week and added nothing of worth, talked bollocks and then posted he was pissing back of to watch wrestling again.

We get on in the MMA threads

Really? That sounds boring.

Well we have arguments and disagreements, but no one wasting space and talking complete shite like he was.

So you can keep him :)

When the fuck did outage become a reasonable word to use in this country? I'm fairly certain it's a hideous Americanism.

You're wrong.

"The custom and fashion of today will be the awkwardness and outrage of tomorrow - so arbitrary are these transient laws."

- Alexandre Dumas Pere, c19th.

At least 200 years of witty Europeans speaking of their outrage. And the very suggestion that there is something wrong with it as a word, quite frankly, I find outrageous.

Do you need spectacles? Outage not outrage.

• Paid Members
Do you need spectacles? Outage not outrage.

Aha, my mistake, apologies. I clearly misread "outage" as outrage because "outage" is not a real word.

And yes, I both need and wear spectacles.

• Paid Members
Working fine here Tommy. Have you been drinking Tommy? You know what happens when you drink?

Sigh, sorry to interrupt a Tommy badgering, as fun as they are. I had to try and send you the picture of the best energy drink ever about 10 times this afternoon.

It's ok. Tommy doesn't like energy drinks. He prefers San Miguel.

• Paid Members
My favorite stupid americanism is "pedophile". I've been laughed at for using the correct pronunciation, and then pointed out that they don't send their kids of a "pedotrician".

Note - I'm not a pedophile, nor a paedophile. I'm an ephebophile.

One that I always notice is American's pronunciation of the name Craig. They say Cregg for some reason. And A's become O's a lot. X Poc is my favourite wrestler. Posta is my favourite food etc. And aluminium becomes aloominum.

Docile becomes dossil. See we got back to Dangerously eventually.

Archived