The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Is it just me that finds Perry annoying as fuck? I thought he looked dreadful against Danny Roberts. Zero footwork, zero head movement. Just stood there and relied on his chin to hold up until he landed something big. Matt Brown will blow through him, he's on another level.

yep, he's a bit of a twat, and although his technique is lacking, he does throwdown with some serious power. You'd expect Brown to put a bit of a beating on him but Perry has some dynamite in his hands, Matt Brown likes to get close too so i could see him getting clipped.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mike Perry needs to get drilling the shit out of body kicks. Yesterday. It's Brown's Achilles heel. Erick Silva and Robbie Lawler had him in all kinds of trouble from body kicks, and Ellenberger stopped him after landing one. There might be more examples than that as well. My memory's sketchy but I could swear Jordan Mein hurt him to the body as well.

And yeah, Perry's a cunt. He's basically Phil Baroni stripped of the goofy likability.

• Paid Members

Bellator won't need to give him the huge money he wanted from the UFC as he will be able to keep his own sponsors. He'll still be expensive though obviously. Either there or Rizin I guess. UFC shit the bed with this one.

Matt Brown/Mike Perry about set for 207. Fight of the Night sewn up.

Ooh la la. Perry is a platinum twat but I enjoy his fights. 

Perry is fighting Alan Jouban on the undercard of UFC on Fox 22 “VanZant vs. Waterson” on Dec. 17 now.

• Paid Members

Matt Brown/Mike Perry about set for 207. Fight of the Night sewn up.

Ooh la la. Perry is a platinum twat but I enjoy his fights.

Perry is fighting Alan Jouban on the undercard of UFC on Fox 22 “VanZant vs. Waterson” on Dec. 17 now.

Ahhh well, i like that one too.

• Paid Members

Personally I think it's an abysmal fight and unfortunately shows just how far Faber has fallen to be matched against Pickett who has lost 4 of his last 5 fights.

But as Chunk says, it's probably a last go for both. 

• Paid Members

Faber's time was very obviously up after watching his last fight that he should have retired then. He gets a nice purse though, so a winnable fight to finish up on I'm sure isn't something many would turn down.

• Paid Members

Bit harsh on Faber there I reckon. 2 of his last 3 losses are Frankie Edgar & Dominic Cruz and Riviera is on an absolute tear. If he loses to Pickett it's a different matter but I'll be betting on Faber winning pretty easily. I'm also still pissed off that Pickett cost me a decent accumulator at 204.

Archived