The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Brandao's always been a bit of a little cunt. I remember the twat threatening to stab Dustin Poirier at the weigh ins for their fight. Hearing he's a proper arsehole away from the cage doesn't shock me one bit.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Had no idea Rizin 1 was happening today. Think it's actually ongoing now, just seen some results. So if you're planning on watching it, avoid the MMA news sites for a bit.

Neither did i, cheers for the heads up.

• Paid Members

The Rizin card looked pretty light on names.

Fujita's return appeared to be the biggest draw. Other than perhaps the grappling tag bout featuring Wand and Saku.

Yeah, I'm knackered after that one but it was an honour to take part.

No seriously, what? A grappling tag match featuring Sakuraba and Wandy?! Why is this the first I'm hearing about this? Links man, links.

• Paid Members

Cheers Hacksaw Jim, I'll be watching the shit out of that in a bit.

Ah, I'm up for Fedor vs Fabio. Fuck it. I'm past expecting Fedor vs anyone relevant at this point. And to be fair, Fedor probably knows he's not in the form to be fighting the top boys anymore. If he wants to still fight but doesn't think he's at that level anymore, who are we to moan really? It's shit that we never got those big UFC fights with Fedor vs Brock or Randy but, as much as I'd be sucked in if hell froze over and Fedor/UFC actually happened, I've got very little desire to see a diminished Fedor getting beat down by a Miocic or someone like that. The mad thing is, Fedor and Fabio are probably about the same size. They both probably should've been middleweights if they could be bothered to lose the old love handles.

Fedor by armbar.

• Paid Members

yeh, Page is oozing star quality. He just seems to be stuck in neutral though, he fights sporadically and he's not really stepping up in competition, he's making a mug of the guys he's fighting but Bellator really do need to start taking advantage of the guy. I've not heard Page complain about his position in Bellator so maybe he's happy there?

...Page fights Saturday in Bellator against some guy called Jeremie Holloway.

Bellator confirm Kimbo vs That Elite XC bloke and Daley Koscheck two. O2 arena. July 16th. I'm not about for that date which is dissapointng but mid July a lot of people are abroad on holiday. Not the best time to run a show for an already limited audience IMO.

• Paid Members

Bellator confirm Kimbo vs That Elite XC bloke and Daley Koscheck two. O2 arena. July 16th. I'm not about for that date which is dissapointng but mid July a lot of people are abroad on holiday. Not the best time to run a show for an already limited audience IMO.

I think you're thinking about it far too much. If that were case, nothing would run by any company reliant on attendance during the summer. I guess you better warn the organisers of wimbledon, euro 2016, Mcgregor vs Diaz and Klitschko vs Fury that they may struggle to shift a few tickets? 

Whilst the later is tongue in cheek obviously, I think they will be just fine ticket wise with those 2 headliners.

I think you're thinking about it far too much. If that were case, nothing would run by any company reliant on attendance during the summer. I guess you better warn the organisers of wimbledon, euro 2016, Mcgregor vs Diaz and Klitschko vs Fury that they may struggle to shift a few tickets?

Whilst the later is tongue in cheek obviously, I think they will be just fine ticket wise with those 2 headliners.

I mostly meant by limited audience it being Bellator which I don't deem as all that popular over here. Bellator as a name isn't anywhere close to UFC. But I guess we'll wait and see.

• Paid Members

it's a strange decision to run the o2 but who knows? The cost and whatnot for running the arena must be plausible for them to even attempt it. Even if they shut off the top tier of the o2 and just shift the tickets for the bottom half of the arena it'll still probably be the biggest crows in Bellator history. I'm not sure if im going to make the trip yet but i'd like too.

edit* Linton Vassell has posted on Facebook saying tickets will range from £40-£1600. He's on the card too.

Archived