The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Oh yeah Randy was massive against Big Gabe. You could have parked a car on his back in 2007. I wasn't an 'online fan' really back then so I didn't follow the rumours as much, but it was pretty apparent, he didn't get that big 'cos he ate his Weetabix.

I can't post pics at the moment but get on Google images and compare him vs Gonzaga to how he looked against Brock a year later. It's a big difference.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

anyone here know of good free streams? i wanna get wanna Prizefighter on Sky tonight, was gonna start a thread on the off topic but i thought i might get some flack. I aint watched a stream before for a sporting event so i aint got a clue where to look, i dont mind paying for the fucker so long as its good...anyone?

• Paid Members
Side note - Has anyone else noticed lately in interviews Dana keeps referring to Bjorn Rebney as 'Bjork'? He's not even taking the piss, he seems to genuinely think his name is Bjork Rebney :)

Bjork.jpg

Ha, that's brilliant. He really thought he was right on the media scrum. He even repeated it on Rogan's podcast and finally Rogan corrected him.

EDIT - for anyone who didn't see it, here's Paul Daley's fight from Dublin earlier;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0JY8fiF7c

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Fucking awesome finish from Daley. Shows he's more than just big left hooks.

Between Bellator last night and this tonight there's already been some KO of the year contenders this weekend. And we've still got UFC 157 to go.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

This is going to make for an interesting battle of wills:

Ariel Helwani's twitter:

Dana just said Aldo told him he is refusing up flight Pettis because he doesn't think he deserves it.

Dana said Aldo will fight Pettis or he's not going to like the way this turns out. He's absolutely refusing right now.

If Jose Aldo is refusing because he doesn't think Pettis has earned an immediate UFC Feathweight Championship because Pettis is getting a shot at his first fight in the weight class, I can see why he might think that way.

• Paid Members
This is going to make for an interesting battle of wills:

Ariel Helwani's twitter:

Dana just said Aldo told him he is refusing up flight Pettis because he doesn't think he deserves it.

Dana said Aldo will fight Pettis or he's not going to like the way this turns out. He's absolutely refusing right now.

If Jose Aldo is refusing because he doesn't think Pettis has earned an immediate UFC Feathweight Championship because Pettis is getting a shot at his first fight in the weight class, I can see why he might think that way.

Just out of curiosty, who was Aldo's last fight against?

Edit: Just seen Wand's post..

Anyway, this is ridiculous from Aldo.

HOWEVER, my major problem with this is that Pettis isn't moving down due to a natural progression. There's a distinct possibility Pettis winning and then moving up. What then? You can't have 1 champ simultaneously at two different weights.

I've always said that my main peeve with Dana is that he talks about the NFL in the same breath as the UFC

Then just say that then. It's a weird gripe to have, as we've discussed in the past, but whatever. Just say it.

Do your thing and check my posts from the past two years! I've brought up the fact that White mentions the NFL & MLB when talking about the UFC in many of these debates! It's always been my main gripe about the guy (apart from the fact he's a bit of a tit on occasion).

MMA is a sport, the UFC's version of MMA isn't. It's a sports/pro wrestling hybrid. As a fan of both wrestling & MMA I can live with that, but it just fucking irks me when they try to pass it off as something it isn't.

And fuck the rankings because they're always going to book fights and fighters that fans want to see. It's a business. It's a business. It's a business.

Why fucking bother introducing them?!? That was a ridiculous move! They must have known they'd get pressed on them, especially during these media scrums when reporters can come prepared and catch White off-guard with questions, making him look a bit stupid.

No one was clamouring for them apart from us dumb "hardcore" fans, and most of us were happy enough with the Sherdog rankings.

As far as Fitch goes, does anyone know how many fights his most recent UFC deal had left? It couldn't have been many, surely?

I love Aldo but that is bollocks. He was fine with Frankie Edgar getting an immediate title shot despite never fighting at 145. What's the problem here?

Showtime's striking.

Frankie is great but he doesn't finish often. Aldo probably saw that as a safe fight - with Pettis, not so much!

I love Aldo but that is bollocks. He was fine with Frankie Edgar getting an immediate title shot despite never fighting at 145. What's the problem here?

Showtime's striking.

Frankie is great but he doesn't finish often. Aldo probably saw that as a safe fight - with Pettis, not so much!

This is what I was going to say to lambyUK, thanks.

I'm thinking of figthers who would fight any opponent, Chuck Liddell, Wandy Silva and Donald Cerrone come to mind as examples of that.

Edgar was a former Lightweight champion, and there was a huge upside for Aldo fighting him. Absolutely no upside in fighting Pettis at the moment, and I can fully understand why he and his camp don't want the fight at this point.

Archived