The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm so glad they shot that angle with Cormier and Lesnar before this news about Jones came out. Had Brock and DC not had that scuffle, then I'm utterly convinced they'd have swapped Cormier out for Jones. Now though, I think there's too much momentum and money for them not to do that fight.

I want DC to beat Brock and then retire with millions and millions of dollars.

• Paid Members

I feel like Daniel Cormier retiring as the double UFC Champion would also be ridiculously tempting for Vinny Mac, so there's probably millions more to make with a Wrestlemania match. It seems the perfect fit, with DC being such a huge fan. Half the fun with that Brock scuffle was seeing him play out his pro-wrestling fantasies. He should've climbed the cage and hit an Axe Handle Smash.

3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I feel like Daniel Cormier retiring as the double UFC Champion would also be ridiculously tempting for Vinny Mac, so there's probably millions more to make with a Wrestlemania match.

Then Jones to run in and steal the win.  Perfect.

• Paid Members

I feel like there's been a shockingly small amount of people talking about the fact that, regardless of the fact that Jones is now eligible to return, he's almost guaranteed to fuck up again before too long, isn't he? It's hard to even get particularly mad about the ridiculous sentence he got because he's so self-destructive that at most he'll likely get one more fight before he's either suspended once again or in jail.

I give it a year.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I feel like Daniel Cormier retiring as the double UFC Champion would also be ridiculously tempting for Vinny Mac, so there's probably millions more to make with a Wrestlemania match. It seems the perfect fit, with DC being such a huge fan. Half the fun with that Brock scuffle was seeing him play out his pro-wrestling fantasies. He should've climbed the cage and hit an Axe Handle Smash.

I'm nowhere near as in tune with the current WWE product as you'll be, who do you think would make a good opponent for a one off DC match at a WrestleMania when he retires? 

Without giving it much thought Cormier vs a heel Samoa Joe could be fun. Especially if Joe was given the full on monster build going in. They'd more likely have to stick him in a multi-man match but DC vs Joe done right could be quality I reckon. 

• Paid Members

I'd always assumed the natural match up in WWE would be Cormier vs. Lesnar. Never did I think we'd see it in the UFC! After Brock, yeah, Samoa Joe is the one I'd go with. Hes the most believable hardcase they have now, whilst also being the best heel and overall performer on their current roster. It'd be magic if Joe interrupted a Cormier cameo and they had a pull-apart.

I reckon Vince despises people like Joe and Styles, he’s never wasting a real sportsman fighting someone like them when he has Tripple H, Brock and Taker at his disposal. Saying that, no matter how hard Cormier is, he still looks a drip and would be hard to push to wrestling fans as a badass.  

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

I reckon Vince despises people like Joe and Styles, he’s never wasting a real sportsman fighting someone like them when he has Tripple H, Brock and Taker at his disposal. Saying that, no matter how hard Cormier is, he still looks a drip and would be hard to push to wrestling fans as a badass .  

I wouldn't think that would be an issue in the slightest. Former double champ and who likely beats up Lesnar for real before hand. You can run with that massively. Even with the Jon Jones tears. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

I wouldn't think that would be an issue in the slightest. Former double champ and who likely beats up Lesnar for real before hand. You can run with that massively. Even with the Jon Jones tears. 

Plus, if Cormier's instincts during that scuffle with Brock are any indication, I think he'd be a natural in that environment.

"Push me now, you go to sleep later."

"Get out of my Octagon, I've got pictures to take."

It'll be a huge missed opportunity if he doesn't give it a go.

Archived