Favourite WWF Card

G-Unit

You can't forget Mountie v Birdman though! :)

I can and will! It's not on the Silver Vision version, and as such I've never actually seen it. Might watch it on yootoob just for the hell of it.

The 'not pressing the remote' criteria would make things a bit more difficult though because others that I consider to be some of my favourite shows still have some FF material on it; Wrestlemania 7, Summerslam 89, 91, 92.... KOTR93 etc.

See, there isnt anything on most of those that I would skip. The full unedited versions of some matches on Mania VII maybe, but the Silver Vision version slices up a lot of them so the worst matches are too brief to bother fast forwarding too. Unfortunately that also meant missing a good slice of (IMO) an enjoyable Bulldog/Warlord tussle too.

I have these but haven't watched them. Do SV edit all the older PPV's? Does this apply to TC's and the Anthology sets? Thanks in advance.

On topic, I love watching SummerSlam 1990. My first ever big show, I wore the tape out. I used to be able to recite the commentary. "The Rockers?, The Rockers look like they've been dating a few too many young ladies"

The arrival of Power and Glory, The Harts overcoming all three members of Demolition, Texas Tornado taking the IC title, Dibiase buying Sapphire. That show is why I fell in love with wrestling!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Copied from old posts of mine...

Survivor Series '98 would definitely be on my list for best. Russo's masterpiece.

It was the show that pulled me back into being a superfan. After that, Livewire or whatever it was at the time could fuck off. I was round at my sister's every Friday night to watch Raw in full, and on pay-per-view Sundays.

It was brilliant. Had great twists and turns throughout, and coming out of it there was a new sympathetic babyface, a new megaheel WWF champion, and the stage was set for not only WrestleMania but the five or six months leading up to it.

I'd struggle to watch any old wrestling pay-per-view again without fast-forwarding it, but that Survivor Series is the one I'd have most chance of getting through.

• Paid Members

My favourite would be SummerSlam 89. Cracking opener, red hot main event and a Warrior vs Rude match which defied believe. Also had a really fun six man with the Demos, Hacksaw Duggan, Boss Man, Andre and Akeem, and a equally fun Dusty vs Honky match. Thats the word I'd actually use to describe this PPV. Not "technical masterpiece". Not "solid all round". But "Fun". Colourful, with a happy ending, the return of Roddy Piper to get revenge on Rick Rude and a agreeable title change.

And it was my first WWF show I ever seen. And unlike my first shag, I keep in contact with this and occasionally stick my cock in its box every now and again.

Far too many favourites for me. 2 that have already been mentioned, mania 17 and backlash 2000.

Also would add mania 8, 19, 20, 22 & 23, 24, summerslam 1988, 2000 & 2002, vengeance 2005, one night stand 2005 & 2006, royal rumble 1992 & 2000, king of the ring 2001 and most recently money in the bank 2011.

Overall would have to be the predictable mania 17 but all the above were awesome shows

My favourite would be SummerSlam 89. Cracking opener, red hot main event and a Warrior vs Rude match which defied believe. Also had a really fun six man with the Demos, Hacksaw Duggan, Boss Man, Andre and Akeem, and a equally fun Dusty vs Honky match. Thats the word I'd actually use to describe this PPV. Not "technical masterpiece". Not "solid all round". But "Fun". Colourful, with a happy ending, the return of Roddy Piper to get revenge on Rick Rude and a agreeable title change.

And it was my first WWF show I ever seen. And unlike my first shag, I keep in contact with this and occasionally stick my cock in its box every now and again.

SummerSlam '89 was my first choice as well for the reasons mentioned above (special mention to the amazing opener - we'll never get that type of tag match in todays WWE) plus the hilarious commentary from Ventura & Schivone really added an extra layer to the show.

Also how amazing were the entrance themes back in those days? Rougeau Brothers, Jive Soul Bro, Red Rooster, Superfly, Demolition?

Also whilst I'm reminiscing - the post interviews with Honky Tonk Man and Rick Rude/Heenan were fucking hilarious particulary the latter with Bobby chewing out Mean Gene.

based on the "fast forward clause" I have to be honest and say WM 17 doesnt do it for me as an again and again and again show. I would now forward through things like the 6 man tag and the womans title match.

For me there are a few that spring to mind, sometimes its just the Aesthetics of the show in line with decent-ish matches that makes it watchable

Summerslam 2000 - This was is my first year as being a massive fan and at 14 this show had it all, high flying stunts in the TLC match and Shane vs Blackman. a nice comedy opener a brilliant main event and plenty of T&A and midcard action to fill up the show, even Lawler vs Taz I can watch through. I could have gone for Backlash or Fully Loaded that year as well but this is definitely my personal choice.

Summerslam 1995 - coincidently another Summerslam, but for a time when the WWF was getting desperate it really made the best of this show. 123 Kid Vs Hakushi was brilliant as an opener and Skip Vs Horowitz was surprisingly good. The ladder match makes the show and Diesel Vs Mabel was kept short and therefore enjoyable. The rest was very watchable and a great show to remind people of mis 90's WWF

I have another odd one, Im not going to write it up as it's not technically part of this topic being WWF but WCW Spring stampede 2000 for the craziness quick matches etc always has me glued.

Survivor Series 2002 came straight to mind, every match is great. Old School choices are Summerslam 89 and Summerslam 91, Modern choices are Backlash 2009, MITB 2011 and Extreme Rules 2012, of course Mania 17 has to be mentioned too.

• Paid Members

Surprised to see no love for Summerslam 2002, one of the strongest cards WWE have ever put together. It's just full pelt from start to finish. WWE had an incredible roster of talent at their disposal in 2002, but so often it didn't come together like you'd think it should but this time it really, really did.

A spot on opener and a once in lifetime main event with the arrival of a bonafide star. The return of one of the greatest, looking as great as ever underneath that. A rocking tag title match with an incredibly over Booker and Goldust, Edge-Eddie, Benoit-RVD (which was much better than I expected) and Undertaker-Test which was also far, far better than it had any right to be in between all that. Great, great show. The only low point is Jericho-Flair but that's not there for long and maybe the Fink-Trish segment, but I'd disagree with as it's a perfectly acceptable segment to break things up and Trish seemed to look particularly bangin on this night and she doesn't usually rock my cock quite so strongly.

Archived