Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There are also reports from some places that we're after David Goodwillie, and thisisbullshit (aka Evil Post) is saying Bournemouth want to buy Pittman back. Either one or the other is true.

Stephen Quinn to Hull is a decent transfer, if Woolie hadnt been resurgent, would have liked to have thought we were after him

Why Goodwillie, we dont need another striker. Bournemouth and Pitman reunite? Surely off to Burnley then?

• Paid Members

Goodwillie to Palarse confirmed on SSN. If Bret's going Derek's going to have to hustle.

Goodwillie will do a good job for Palace, ignore the fact that some of our fans have named him David Badtodger. He just needs a regular run in a team and he'll probably score for fun in the Championship. Can't play upfront by himself but with a pacy strike partner or winger like Zaha to provide him with chances he will do well.

• Paid Members

Some great transfers came into Wolves that window, just hoping now that they settle, gel and kick on.Doumbia quite easily looks to be the best Central Midfielder in the league.Peszko looks a crafty little fucker with more talent than Kightly had.Sigurdarson is still recovering from a small injury, but has shown flashes of brilliance.Boukari looks a great prospect for us, only had a week, good debut in the cup, looks to be the most unsure of all the incomingBakary Sako has had less time than Boukari, played less time in hush debut, looks immense, dangerous and scored a screamer .... Jarvis who?Still concerned we have no out and out replacement for Fletcher, and our defence is looking a tad ropey. Hopefully Stale starts playing Batth more regularly and Margeitter fills a void.The joy of being in the championship mind, is the fact our loan deals can still kick in, I'm sure that will happen.

Catching up on the reaction from yesterday's game, Dave Jones's comments raised the strange contradiction of Selhurst Park. The ref gave a penalty which was clearly a clean tackle and subsequently reversed the decision, sparking a brawl. Suddenly the crowd, still grumbling about the equaliser, were "baying for blood" and aggressively cheered the team on to victory. I find it one of the strangest stadiums I've been to in the country. At times it can be very sterile and quiet, at times negative and damaging but at other times it can be aggressive, positive and nasty. A lot of opposition managers talk about how it's such a tough place to go.

As a native South Londoner, I've always said that as a people, we will squabble and fight amongst ourselves but when we have to look after our own, we're fiercely protective, as happened yesterday. It got me thinking about how club cultures evolve from their areas and how they change based on the generations. For instance, as a teenager, West Ham was a lot more happy, funny and positive. However, as the old East End has faded away and being replaced by the new Essex, the atmosphere can be toxic. Do you see your team's culture and support as a mirror of your area?

Paolo Di Canio is a fucking nutbar. That is all.

Don't say that on Twitter. I tweeted something about why is it when Sky put together those bits of him being a nutter, they never include his fascist salute to Lazio fans. It's amazing how playing for ones team can change or negate any political opinion you may have.

Archived