UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II Thread

The Natural

Who wins and how?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Fucking yes! Didn't think we were getting Primetime for this. My guess is they'll probably do one longer episode. They did that for JDS vs Cain on the first FOX show, they did a one hour episode. It looks quality.

Love that comic book stuff above. Seagal with his yellow sunglasses in the background was a nice touch.

And whatever anyone says about Chael, you can't deny the man generates interest. Lets be honest, as absolutely amazing as Anderson Silva is, it's pretty much down to Chael why there's so much buzz around this fight. There's a reason people are going way more nuts for this than they did for Silva vs Okami, Maia, Griffin and even Belfort. Because whichever side you're on you can't miss it and are either in strong support of one or the other or like me, just wanna see what the fuck will happen. And that is because Chael has done a great job promoting himself, and in turn making the fight even bigger.

I love the cheesey twat. He's like a villain in a movie. But he fights in a cage.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think I might try and hold off watching Primetime until the night before the fight.

Think on the Friday I'll rewatch the first fight, then watch Primetime and follow that with the weigh ins. I'm stuck in anyway all week after work cos my girlfriend's gone and broke her leg and I'm stuck playing doctor. She can fuck off on fight night though, I'm not interrupting the biggest fight of the year to help her hobble to the bog. Not a chance. She'll just have to sit in her filth.

I think I might try and hold off watching Primetime until the night before the fight.

Think on the Friday I'll rewatch the first fight, then watch Primetime and follow that with the weigh ins. I'm stuck in anyway all week after work cos my girlfriend's gone and broke her leg and I'm stuck playing doctor. She can fuck off on fight night though, I'm not interrupting the biggest fight of the year to help her hobble to the bog. Not a chance. She'll just have to sit in her filth.

That sounds like a plan there mate.

• Paid Members
Anyone feel like helping a MMA noob out? :)

Does anyone know where I can watch the UFC117 bout? Had a look around youtube but they just seem to be review/recap vids?

Alright mate, I'm pretty sure The Natural posted a link to the fight a few pages back.

edit - fuck i didn't realise the Brook/Fury fights were on the same night. Nice.

• Paid Members

I was waiting for this, episode 2 of Fight Camp Insider with Matt Serra. The Chael episode was a hoot, this time it's Forrest Griffin. Just watched it now, give it a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=WBhVM...&feature=iv

"Do you jerk off all over your fuckin' car" :laugh: I had a cup of coffee in my hand when he said that and I very nearly gave myself 3rd degree burns. I'm not a morning person and it's too early in the day for laughing but the way Serra delivered the line was classic.

Only problem I had with this episode was there was no Ray Longo this time :angry: I love these though, hope they do them for every PPV from now until UFC 39,574.

That sounds like a plan there mate.

It's good, try it. I did it for the JDS vs Mir show. Watched Mir break Nog's arm to get me in the mood to see the revenge, then I watched the 3 Primetimes, then the weigh in. I went to bed like a kid on Christmas Eve that night. And Junior Dos Santa delivered big time the next day. Glad I left some carrots out for the reindeers.

9jd55y.gif

Archived