We Need To Talk About Mel

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Put aside 20 to 25 minutes, and have a good read of this:-

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/joe-...hate-jews-36957

And then read the full letter:-

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/joe-...el-gibson-36949

It's one of the most amazing things I've ever read. Of course, Joe Eszterhas, who is a massive hack, has published this as little more than a publicity stunt on his part, but that does not spoil the sheer amazingness of it all. It's awesome.

I think that when The Beaver came out some people thought he was sorting himself out. That will be a no, then.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I hope that iPod recording shows up at some point.

Eszterhas is pretty crazy himself (and I love the pretense of "you did this, you said this," like there was no intention of going public), but I find myself believing every word. The tapes of Mel screaming at his wife showed that he's genuinely completely insane, and everything in the letter is fully believable once you've heard those previous outbursts. Best parts of that letter: Mel Gibson literally screaming at the heavens for making him look so old, and telling a fifteen-year-old boy "I'd like to fuck my ex-wife up the arse while stabbing her to death."

If people aren't aware of this, Mel's dad, Hutton Gibson, is a terrifically insane Catholic racist and Holocaust denier, and once you read up on him, the stuff about Mel and this seemingly sudden Jew-hate makes a lot more sense.

Gibson is also a proponent of various conspiracy theories. In a 2003 interview he questioned how the Nazis could have disposed of six million bodies during the Holocaust and claimed that the September 11, 2001 attacks were perpetrated by remote control. He has also been quoted as saying the Second Vatican Council was "a Masonic plot backed by the Jews".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutton_Gibson

• Paid Members
'Ovendodgers' :unsure:

I feel conflicted about this one as well. I think if, for some reason, I became a massive anti-Semite at some point that this will be the first word that I use.

• Paid Members

I'd love to think that you could, somehow suddenly become a massive anti-semite. Like when someone gets kicked in the head by a donkey & suddenly speaks in Jamaican patois or some shit 'I just remember waking up & hating Jews'.

Also cool to note that any time mel is on the news or in the papers they now use pictures of him looking weird or angry.

He's a nutter - and given what his dad is like its really not very surprising.

• Paid Members

Strangely enough I was reading an interview with Ray Winston this morning who said what a fantastic guy he is.

The guy clearly has racist issues that he got from his father and on top of that he clearly has problems with alcohol. The two together don't really mix which is probably why for years he's been normal and now all of a sudden he's a mess.

• Paid Members

From the sounds of it, a studio executive said the script was shit and Mel Gibson just never bothered telling the guy what he thought of it. The scriptwriter is so pissed off about it that he has launched a public attack.

Archived